RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Pioneer install
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

doyleywood

United Kingdom 
Pioneer install

Just in the midst of installing a pioneer double din head unit, has anyone who’s done an install struggled for space behind the radio? I’m using a connects 2 interface,lots of wires and little black box’s, the only way I can see it fitting is to cut out a plastic bar behind the radio...looks like a bit of a brace, also what have people done with the wire that is ment to go to the hand brake switch, (light green wire) should it go to a live or earth? Lastly what’s the best place to route the usb cable, needs to be handy to plug the phone into, thanks for any advice.

Post #561968 Tue Jul 24 2018 10:56pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

handbrake cables go to ground to indicate parked.

Post #561988 Wed Jul 25 2018 9:54am
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

I fitted a Pioneer double din head unit and retained part of the old head unit to allow clock to work in my 2005 SC and it all fitted perfectly using the InCarTek kit (site sponsor). No little black boxes to worry about. 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #562008 Wed Jul 25 2018 3:39pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mine didn't have a DVD so was thinner but still tight for space in there! Stuffed the retained bit of the OE stereo down at the back, wires curled up and to the sides as much as possible.

For the wire, I actually cut mine shorter and wired it to the chassis of the stereo. That means, for mine, I can select the camera anytime which is handy for when towing sometimes. Doesn't auto-come on in reverse though - swings/roundabouts. Same option would allow you to watch DVDs on the move but I don't recommend that obviously.

USB cable, like Scrumpy, I used an InCarTec kit which has (I don't know why) a small gap at the bottom when fitted. I then purchased an armoured USB cable and it pokes out the bottom there. I can tuck it away (push wire in) when not in use, so nice and tidy. iPhone in a Brodit holder.

Post #562107 Fri Jul 27 2018 9:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1