RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > My RRS is taking the p***
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
My RRS is taking the p***

For the last couple of months I have been having the Red Triangle and 'restricted performance' on an intermittent basis whereafter once the engine was turned off for a few minutes and started again it would disappear. The engine would still run 95% even with the restricted performance but just a little flat on acceleration.

I suspected the air mass flow sensor and initially purchased proper cleaner but this didn't resolve the matter. I have been waiting to buy the bt iid tool and decided to bite the bullet so I could resolve the issue. The red triangle was now coming on virtually every day so the impending arrival of the iid tool was eagerly anticipated and surely worth every penny of the £400 invested.

The day before arrival the light didn't come on and hasn't done so since I have had the tool in my sweaty mitts waiting to find the exact problem. I'm sure that when I first get into the car and before I start the engine, if I listen very carefully I can hear my RRS laughing at me. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I know how to wait and knowing these RRS's my day will come as no doubt something else will occur Big Cry Big Cry Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #561522 Wed Jul 18 2018 8:35am
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

It's because you bought the IID tool, well worth the money!! 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #561538 Wed Jul 18 2018 12:33pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The error code will still be in there to be read. Be worth reading it anyway just to see where you might need to consider throwing some cash in the future. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #561542 Wed Jul 18 2018 12:51pm
Godders

In fairness I did want to buy one of these from day 1 but SWMBO wouldn't permit on the grounds of cash flow until later in the year and this red light made my argument stronger for getting one sooner rather than later...so mustn't complain too much.

I have had a play with the iid already and when I had a scan of the faults it just seemed to be minor messages regarding audio not connecting when reverse selected (or something like that) and I was informed that these messages tend to pop up all the time with little electric spikes or pulses which confuses ECU's. So I just cleared them without reading fully all of them Embarassed Embarassed and obviously it now says no faults.

I shall enjoy the car whilst it is running so well knowing that the iid tool is cocked and ready to go Laughing Laughing

I have my fingers crossed due to vehicle running well, no smoking from exhaust or fluid loss at all that it's nothing major Shocked Shocked or is that famous last words Embarassed Embarassed Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #561546 Wed Jul 18 2018 3:07pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Let the wife drive it, car will get jealous and throw a tantrum. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #561551 Wed Jul 18 2018 3:55pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Red triangles don't normally come on on the dash because the radio is playing up...

You do get a few "lost communication" errors and these are usually not a problem to be fair. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #561558 Wed Jul 18 2018 5:29pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Red triangles don't normally come on on the dash because the radio is playing up...

some models have a audio taste meter, could depend on what station you are listening to Whistle Cool Wink Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #561832 Mon Jul 23 2018 11:44am
Godders

you've obviously never heard french radio......if you like Boney M, village people or Abba then you're in dreamland. Rolling with laughter

Just have my Mp player or CD to listen to. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #561874 Mon Jul 23 2018 5:25pm
Godders

The car is obviously now bored with laughing at me and threw up the red triangle today and the same reactions to driving as before so went to work with the iid tool.
The two codes of interest and that tie in with previous posts of a similar nature are:

Code P22D2 turbocharger turbine inlet valve stuck open - mechanical failure - command position is not reachable.

Code P22CF turbocharger turbine inlet valve control circuit - open - mechanical failure - actuator is stuck.

So I am presuming at this time that access to the actuator is required and a good spray of WD40 on the actuator should do the trick and solve the problem.

Will report in due course for future reference.

At least if this is the case then no £££'s required but an hour or so of getting hands dirty. Thumbs Up Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #562845 Tue Aug 07 2018 9:07pm
Godders

I have looked for the actuator and I now realise that the actuator on the facelift 3.0 tdv6 is a vacuum system with a slide rod system, rather than a lever which is on earlier models.

Before I start taking things apart, I understand that my faults refer to the primary turbo / actuator and that this is on the offside of the engine for R/H drive cars. The question is, will access be easier through the wheel arch or from the engine bay itself on top to remove the unit which has the shut off valve / actuator in it.

Many thanks Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #563129 Mon Aug 13 2018 1:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1