RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > RRS PLUG IN DELAYED BUILD DATES
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 15 <123 ... 789 ... 131415>

United Kingdom 

^^^^^

Tim, I would not worry too much about the weather, the last time I experienced sun like this in Scotland was 1976! and it crazed the freshly repainted bonnet of our MGB.

Tony 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #560255 Fri Jun 29 2018 3:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Ws of London

United Kingdom 

Good to hear people are now getting to actually drive their P400’s.
Still no word from my dealer on when mine will receive the fuel-sensor fix and actually be delivered.....

Let’s hope it’s not too long now

Post #560283 Fri Jun 29 2018 8:46pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I see on the configurator that JLR has increased the fuel consumption of the PHEV, it was 101mpg and it is now down to a still ridiculous 88mpg. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #560462 Mon Jul 02 2018 4:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

That's what WLTP does for you Tim. Also delays delivery of MY2019 vehicles, not just for JLR but all manufacturers. Did you know that all models and variations now have to be tested and verified before being certified under WLTP? So, a model ordered with a Panoramic Roof will have to be tested separately from exactly the same car without as the glass roof adds additional weight to the vehicle and therefore affects the CO2 emissions! Anything permanently fitted to the car that alters the kerb weight of the vehicle by more than 5Kg must be individually tested to receive certification!! WLTP certification is a legal requirement from 1st September 2018!!!

Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #560528 Mon Jul 02 2018 10:36pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

So if you want your car quickly don’t order any heavy options! I know that with some PHEVS you cannot change the style of the alloys or you loose the low emissions BIK if you have it as a company car....... AND I heard on the radio this morning that the Govt are considering returning to the fuel duty escalator to help pay for some of the recent expensive “presents” to various state enterprises........ would raise them an additional £800,000,000 annually. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #560537 Tue Jul 03 2018 7:54am
The Ws of London

United Kingdom 

So, my P400 arrived on Thursday lunchtime .... just in time for a Thursday evening (schools out) trip to the Eurotunnel and it’s now 750 miles down and sat in Italian wine-country.

So, what do I think? Overall, it’s a great package. I’d read comments here about jerky shifts between EV & petrol, but nothing can be further from the truth. In fact, it’s so quiet I need to guess if it’s running in old-school or electro. It’s actually a great combination although charging points are few / far between in France so for much of the time it’s run on petrol alone. Once charged, with petrol + EV it absolutely flies but sounds really harsh so I think max-power is definitely discouraged.

In EV-only mode, it’s very quiet but in Northern Italy, with significant hills I’m struggling to get 29 miles, never mind 30+from the battery ... plus that battery is taking up the space for several boxes of exceedingly fine wine Sad ......

Final point is that I had the fixed towbar fitted. Works fine, but needs to go back to get the rear balance painted.

Post #561227 Wed Jul 11 2018 9:11pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the update.

I am interested in how long the battery typically lasts in default mixed petrol/EV mode. So as you start to get to know the car more and more please do update us all! There's a real absence of media write ups for the P400e at this stage. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #561270 Thu Jul 12 2018 3:37pm
EssexRRS

United Kingdom 

I can update on this....

In mixed mode it tends to default to electric only if you're driving normally. The petrol only fires up if you drive more aggressively, so the electric runs down quite quickly. That said, it stores charge from braking and coasting so the electric continues to kick in and out long after EV range is at zero

It's not really designed as an electric only option. I'm beginning to learn that for short commutes it's great but otherwise it's more about the combined power and smoothness that the EV brings.

I'm also a bit perplexed by references to noisiness under power. I've been flooring it a bit recently to see how much power it has and it's fast! It's also very smooth - not the initial surge from a diesel and then drop off, the 400e just pulls all the way through the revs (and is, in my opinion, quite quiet)

I'm getting my charger fitted on Tuesday (finally, after upgrading my main house fuse and installing an isolation switch) so I hope to get more range and the 3 pin plug charge which only gets it to about 22 miles.

A word of warning - Chargemaster are difficult to deal with. Lots of pleasantries but it's basically a series of call centre workers who, whilst keen to please, are totally uncoordinated. Unless you have a modern house and electrics and all is as they want it, expect a survey and then a lot of back and forth to arrange the install. You will have to deal with you power provider (isolation switch and upgraded 'tails') and UK Power Networks (100 amp fuse)

Book well in advance....

Post #561312 Fri Jul 13 2018 8:08am
Renaco

Germany 

Thanks a lot, EssexRRS!

Its so good to hear the car is “quietly” running on petrol only.
The press is really not testing the car properly, only users with enough feel and technical knowledge can fill this gap.

My Car is arriving next week at the dealership, hope to add some good reports on top here.

Best
René 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #561318 Fri Jul 13 2018 11:58am
ab601

United Kingdom 

I agree with EssexRRS

The car is very quiet and it is difficult to tell whether it is electric or petrol unless 'flooring' it
The smoothness between the change over is better than my previous Volvo T8

On motorway driving when the battery is flat the car averages approx 28/29 mpg which I don't think is too bad
I have achieved 46mpg over the first 1K miles

Overall I am highly delighted, it is a fantastic car Very Happy

I also had the same experience with Chargemaster a couple of years ago 2018 Range Rover Sport P400e Autobiography

Post #561323 Fri Jul 13 2018 1:00pm
saints

United Kingdom 

I pick mine up on Monday. Looking forward to it, especially since reading the positive reviews from owners.

I went with Pod Point rather than Chargemaster, they were easy to deal with and their engineer who turned up was extremely helpful.

Post #561325 Fri Jul 13 2018 1:54pm
ghunkin

United Kingdom 
P400e CO2 ?

I am unable to get an answer to my question of what CO2 value my RRS P400e will have.
My dealer is saying Land Rover have not provided any figures due to WLTP changes.

Surely those of you lucky enough to have received your cars have got a CO2 value?

The web site still states 73g/km - but says this is an "estimate and may not be achievable with the standard wheels".

If it were to tip over 75g then it no longer qualifies as a ULEV!!

Anyone have an answer?

Post #561740 Sat Jul 21 2018 1:55pm
ab601

United Kingdom 

My P400e has a confirmed C02 (g/km) of 64 2018 Range Rover Sport P400e Autobiography

Post #562382 Tue Jul 31 2018 4:37pm
Renaco

Germany 
Re: P400e CO2 ?

ghunkin wrote:
I am unable to get an answer to my question of what CO2 value my RRS P400e will have.
My dealer is saying Land Rover have not provided any figures due to WLTP changes.

Surely those of you lucky enough to have received your cars have got a CO2 value?

The web site still states 73g/km - but says this is an "estimate and may not be achievable with the standard wheels".

If it were to tip over 75g then it no longer qualifies as a ULEV!!

Anyone have an answer?

Its a problem as the old version SS18, is 64g, but new wltp states 73g.
Think here is still the risk how the real tests in wltp are stating the vehicle.

Best
René 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #562393 Tue Jul 31 2018 6:47pm
ghunkin

United Kingdom 

Have now been told that due to certification problems, there will be no further deliveries of P400e models before end October.

To say I'm Censored off that a car I ordered in early Feb has no delivery date yet is an understatement.

Trying to decide now whether to cancel the order Mad

Post #564805 Sun Sep 09 2018 10:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 15 <123 ... 789 ... 131415>