RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Cars in signature blocks
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue
Cars in signature blocks

I've noticed that in some people's signature blocks they list cars.

If you do this, is this predominately a history of what you've had or what you've currently got?. I just find it interesting on what everybody has had, some good some shockers Rolling with laughter

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #561090 Tue Jul 10 2018 8:45am

United Kingdom 

If you want a laugh try this, Austin Allegro 1750 Sport.

We had this in 1980, was my Dad's old company car, in the family for over ten years. Apart from the usual batteries, brake linings and exhausts only other faults were front ball joints, alternator and a head gasket - all fixed on Sunday mornings with a basic tool kit! Never had to be towed, never failed an MOT.

Tony

2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #561095 Tue Jul 10 2018 9:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Lol, that takes me back!!

My Dad had the same company car but in a "mustard" (more like puke) yellow!! 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #561114 Tue Jul 10 2018 1:28pm
BKHK

Australia 

Known as the All - Aggro Laughing

Post #561118 Tue Jul 10 2018 1:41pm

United Kingdom 

Scrumpy wrote:
Lol, that takes me back!!

My Dad had the same company car but in a "mustard" (more like puke) yellow!!

I remember the colour it was from the British Leyland 'Bodily excretions' colour palette.

My Dad worked for BL and I still have many of the old brochures. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #561120 Tue Jul 10 2018 2:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #561122 Tue Jul 10 2018 3:15pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Awwwwwww, they don’t make them like they used to Rolling with laughter Good job too sometimes - did your Dad have an early Allergic with the Quartic Steering Wheel? I see that Aston Martin has just launched a new model that has this modern and advanced steering wheel design...........
We never had one in our household but father ran several Austin Maxis, many Austin and Morris Land Crabs (never managed to get high enough up the management structure to deserve a Wolsley version with the wood veneer dash and 4 speed auto though) and then he had a string of distasterous Wedge shaped Austin Princesses that just ate up front drive shafts on a fortnightly basis...... until the company he worked for set their own engineers on the job to find out why the car’s in the fleet were all doing it - best British design, the engine was mounted too far forward and causing self destruction - must have cost ARG / UK taxpayers millions in repairs until that was discovered! After that he had a launch day XR3 (not the XR3i that came about 24 months later) and that car’s engine self destructed on the delivery trip from Bristol city to the company HQ in the suburbs and needed a new engine after less than 10 miles on the road....... that car then went on to run faultlessly for 15 years and in excess of 200,000 miles until tin worm and a speed boat that self launched onto the car’s bonnet on a main road as my sister drove the car with 4 young kids in it, led to its demise. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #561125 Tue Jul 10 2018 3:24pm

United Kingdom 

Yes it had the square steering wheel, our example was not too bad, comfortable ride on hydrogas suspension and it was quicker off the mark than my MGB - although that's not saying much!

To be fair the only bad BL car I had was a Rover Vitesse, one of BL's first attempts at fuel injection. Injection system was nothing but trouble, factory had it back replaced all the engine electric and it ran OK, quick motor car for the day.

If you want a trip down memory lane, search out the old Top Gear BL special, a series of challenges between a Marina, SD1 and Dolly Sprint. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018

Post #561126 Tue Jul 10 2018 4:18pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

This might be of interest - you may have already seen it but:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic49785.html Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #561128 Tue Jul 10 2018 5:00pm
Gandalf

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

0310 wrote:
Yes it had the square steering wheel, our example was not too bad, comfortable ride on hydrogas suspension and it was quicker off the mark than my MGB - although that's not saying much!

To be fair the only bad BL car I had was a Rover Vitesse, one of BL's first attempts at fuel injection. Injection system was nothing but trouble, factory had it back replaced all the engine electric and it ran OK, quick motor car for the day.

If you want a trip down memory lane, search out the old Top Gear BL special, a series of challenges between a Marina, SD1 and Dolly Sprint.

Peanut has a square wheel http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic49502.html find it really comfortable If it ain't broken down it soon will
Pulling my Vanmaster tin tent with my 2005 RED RRS HSE TDV6

1973 Land Rover Series 3 110 safari Gone but not forgotten
1990 Discovery 200Tdi Gone thank god
1996 Discovery 300Tdi sadly missed
2003 Discovery TD5 Gone to LR heaven
2004 Discovery TD5 Gone to Aberdeen hope it likes it there
2005 RRS HSE Rimini Red (my Disco 3 in a posh frock) sadly selling
Think I see a pattern here

Post #561133 Tue Jul 10 2018 6:41pm
HughN

Wales 

0310 wrote:

In 1988 a friend at school had a Vanden Plas. Showing off on the way back from school, he took a hump-back bridge at speed and the hydrogas suspension did not take it well - within a couple of hundred yards it was sitting on the bump-stops.

Still BL:

Post #561147 Tue Jul 10 2018 8:24pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Amongst the 30 or so I have owned I had a cream coloured 1980 Morris Marina 1.3L finished in cream with a brown interior. Yes, it was by far the worse car I ever owned. I bought it as a second car but it was so c*** after two months I paid somebody to just tow it away for scrap.

I did many years before that own a 1977 1.8HL (successor to the 1.8TC) yes the twin carb. On a slippery road when you down shifted from 3rd to 2nd and kept the revs up, the back wheels lit up Smile

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #561155 Tue Jul 10 2018 8:59pm
syl

United Kingdom 

We had a dark brown allegro when I was a kid. It was replaced with a bright yellow allegro, with a black vinyl roof! RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #561162 Tue Jul 10 2018 10:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1