Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Also found some slightly dodgy trim on the roof whilst looking;

Post #560936 Sat Jul 07 2018 11:33pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Did you do a typo there on the second line or do you actually prefer the SDV6?

Quote:
but with the MY18 I prefer it to the SDV6 personally

For me it’s sort of the same price as got a much better interest rate on my second attempt so although I could of saved on the SDV6 I wanted the brakes on the SDV8!

Hopefully I will like it, first world problems if I don’t!!

Pleased you have found the info about the 4zone as that would of bugged me too!

Have you determined if the wine was normal yet?

Can’t make out the issue with the roof though? Maybe needs a few more picture?

Post #560941 Sun Jul 08 2018 8:42am
DangerMouseUK

Hey mate, sorry my wording was a bit ambiguous I've edited it to make it clear I prefer the 4.4 engine.

Is it worth the 7k more albeit with the bigger brakes as well that's a question I can't answer with slightly better residuals than the 3 litre it isn't a total loss but its still a loss of sorts. I prefer it and at this point in time I was happy to do it, would I be in another 3/4yrs when the diesel noose has tightened even more? Who knows.

I will say that LR build quality isn't great or specifically the Solihull plant, not sure where my previous Velar was made but it was much, much better built than this RRS. 200 miles in I have all the old favourite rattles and noises - 7000 miles in the Velar and not a peep. Then again I'm used to it by now and the Velar if anything was a pleasant surprise being built well!!

Post #560962 Sun Jul 08 2018 5:23pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Ah few that is good news!

Looking forward to getting mine, is it noticeably more responsive? Or is the power more in the mid range i.e. overtaking speeds?

The Velar was built in the same factory! All be it a different production line! Sorry to hear yours is rattling noises. If you have a good dealer they are always very keen to do warranty work to get them resolved but appreciate it really shouldn't need it!

How does the drive compare to the velar?

Post #560970 Sun Jul 08 2018 7:54pm
IRBails

Australia 

Things don't look that good for Land Rover, they are reporting 2 Billion lost revenues, reportedly due to Brexit ? Perhaps it is the cost of warranty ? Anyway will be interesting to see how things turn out ? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #560978 Sun Jul 08 2018 11:12pm
DangerMouseUK

Will be very interesting.

Apparently the SV people have a certain area where the cars get "fixed" before they hand finish them and after they've come from Solihull!!

Its just disappointing to have a page or two of small QC issues all over a brand new car, as I said the Velar was the odd one out that was pretty much perfect and thats not a good thing really when you're surprised when a car comes without a fault (well it did have one but not a page or two of them).

The Velar with the D300 could actually be driven quite spiritedly, it was a definite step down from the Sport even in the top spec First Edition trim, but then, in many ways, I actually quite liked that car. If the pricing was sorted out a bit then I think it would do really well. Its not really a Land Rover its like halfway between a Jaguar and a Land Rover in my eyes.

Post #561075 Mon Jul 09 2018 10:13pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I loved the Velar First Edition too - brilliant car to drive and IMHO still a better drive than a RRS even in MY18 guise. I too have got some squeaks in my MY18 RRS now and car has only done 1400 miles Embarassed

I only sold the Velar as it was dropping in value like a brick - took my dealer 9 months to sell the car - it just stood there - in the end they took a £13.5k hit on it!! Better them than me! Rolling with laughter

Post #561093 Tue Jul 10 2018 9:10am
DangerMouseUK

I lost very little money on my Velar personally - mine was a practically new JLR car so didn't pay new price for it but I lost peanuts on part-ex - can imagine buying at new prices when dealers were giving no discount could be painful though.

Really did like the Velar, prefer the Sport overall but did like that car.

What is the size of the bigger back plate - not the curved one just the big normal rectangular back one they use?

Post #561150 Tue Jul 10 2018 8:39pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

535mm x 152mm is the one you want

Demon Plates do them online or ebay large range rover number plate and they come up..

Post #561177 Wed Jul 11 2018 9:42am
DangerMouseUK

Cheers mate.

Will have a look.

Do you sometimes get a small amount of play in the steering wheel before it turns - are these cars EPAS now ?

Post #561310 Thu Jul 12 2018 11:48pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Nope all seems normal to me Smile

Post #561337 Fri Jul 13 2018 7:56pm
DangerMouseUK

Yeah think its the stop start cutting in and out and affecting the steering slightly.

No biggie think its normal.

Post #561362 Sat Jul 14 2018 11:02am
DangerMouseUK

Anyone else noticed any small marks on their leather seats ?

Quality seems to be a bit meh - as per usual found quite a few defects already on the seats alone!

With some pics;

Post #561386 Sat Jul 14 2018 9:17pm
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

DangerMouseUK wrote:
I lost very little money on my Velar personally - mine was a practically new JLR car so didn't pay new price for it but I lost peanuts on part-ex - can imagine buying at new prices when dealers were giving no discount could be painful though.

Really did like the Velar, prefer the Sport overall but did like that car.

What is the size of the bigger back plate - not the curved one just the big normal rectangular back one they use?

+RRSMan

Like you guys I traded in my FE Velar for a Sport (SVR) two days ago. My Velar was also very well made, with no squeaks or rattles etc. I don't have any complaints there. My SVR so far seems fine but sometimes it takes a few weeks to discover things.

The Velar is so different than the SVR. Much smaller, lighter, nimble handing and quick from a standstill. But it feels like a tin can compared to the heavier Sport. Overall the Sport feels confident, larger and slightly more high end as it should since it costs more. I much prefer the Sport and so happy to have that commanding drive position again. I hated how the P380 V6 felt like it was working so hard to deliver power and really didn't sound great. But for what it is, it's great... It's just that this genre of autos, the "crossover" isn't right for me after getting used to the size of the Sport (I had a 2010 Sport before the Velar). I sort of feel like crossovers are a bit pointless in that there isn't much to offer over a sport sedan except a slightly higher height and the unique design of the exterior. Yes there is offroad ability but I don't take advantage of that.

I didn't lose much money on the trade in so that was good but overall it was an expensive mistake to lease my Velar for only 10 months but that was the choice I made to get out of it. Couldn't wait until 2022 for the next generation Sport. I see quite a few Velars on the road finally but they have been available close to a year now and I live in a highly populated area. Still, the dealers are taking $5k off or something right now so they must need a bit of a push to sell. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #561421 Sun Jul 15 2018 7:05pm
DangerMouseUK

Thanks AHSFCA Smile

So RRSMAN

Is this plate here for example;

535 x 152 ?

Thanks

(I've found 533 x 152 is that basically it as I can't find 535 anywhere?)

Post #561757 Sat Jul 21 2018 6:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>