RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Has anyone has enjoyed good reliable ownership?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

CRC@LandRover

United Kingdom 
Re: Has anyone has enjoyed good reliable ownership?

rickshaw wrote:
Calcifur wrote:
Hi all,

As some of you will have seen in my other posts I am currently looking for a new (to me) car and I am considering a used RRS (what ever £10K can get me). Having looked around this site for a while and read the responses to my post I am seriously wondering why any of you still own a RRS. There seems to be nothing but stories of woe. I appreciate that most of the time people take to forums to resolve issues so what I am seeing is going to be biased toward the negative.

But surely there must be some folks out there that have bought an RRS with no major issues. Otherwise why are there still so many on the road and at such high prices.?

I am currently on my 4th Range Rover Sport - all purchased from new;

The first three were all previous diesel models (L320) - purchased new in 2006, 2010, 2013. All of them were extremely reliable with the exception of anti-roll bar bushes requiring replacement on the earlier two vehicles (a common fault I understand).

Unfortunately I have not been so lucky with my current 2018MY L494. Due to quality issues I have had to reject this vehicle and am currently awaiting a replacement!

I would suggest that you budget for a decent warranty AND at the very least keep a pot of money on one side for repairs that will be inevitable on a complex vehicle of a certain age...…...

Good afternoon Rickshaw,

Thank you for your comment on the thread.

I am sorry to learn that you have rejected a vehicle and are waiting for a replacement.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to PM me.

Thanks, Stacie Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #560033 Wed Jun 27 2018 3:01pm
Calcifur

United Kingdom 

ragpicker wrote:
2 years into my first RRS - TDV8 currently on 155k miles. Was on 120k or so when I bought it. No major problems, a parking sensor and a suspension height sensor, both replaced by myself.

Glad to see you are having such good luck with yours with that kind of mileage. Long may it continue. Thumbs Up

Post #560061 Wed Jun 27 2018 7:34pm
Harveyp500

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Our 2009 2.7HSE has been in the family for over 7 years, only had a iffy suspenson sensor until now, now done 131k. 2023 D350 FIRST EDITION, SANTORINI WITH CLOUD/EBONY
2009 2.7 TDV6 HSE SANTORINI BLACK
2020 p400e Autobiography Santorini

GONE
2018 3.0 SDV6 AUTOBIOGRAPHY, CARPATHIAN GREY, SANTORINI PAN ROOF, IVORY INTERIOR. Now gone but will be missed, Cracking motor.
2015 3.0 SDv6 HSE DYNAMIC CORRIS
2014 3.0 SDV6 HSE FUJI WHITE CONTRAST SANTORINI PAN ROOF.
Evoque 2.2 d Pure Tech Auto
P38 4.0 HSE
Disco 2.5 d XS

Post #560893 Fri Jul 06 2018 11:27pm
Themoog

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

We have had our for over 8 weeks now. It's been relatively trouble free apart from suspension fault, AC condenser replacement, auxiliary radiator repair, and dash cd player is stuck. From what I read , we have been one of the lucky ones 🤔..

Post #560898 Sat Jul 07 2018 7:15am
daxmatt

Had my s/c for 4 years now,only changed compressor ,wheel bearing,discs/pads/tyres,and a brake pipe .
Think a bush maybe reqired on the front somewhere in the futre.Every year on mot says corrosion on rubber brake pipe flanges,but not a fail.....yet.
oh and had to put a new ribbon cable inside the dvd player

Last edited by daxmatt on Sat Jul 07 2018 9:09am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #560902 Sat Jul 07 2018 9:09am
SRE

Spain 

I have had a 2008 and a 2011, both been good, had a couple of issues, but covered by LR Warranty. Great cars, but I moved mine on circa 50K miles.
I would love another, however just tooooo much money, plus the issue with crankshafts not being covered under LR warranty has forced me to move away. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #560903 Sat Jul 07 2018 9:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123