RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Nasty Knock / Clunk
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Robbo88

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Nasty Knock / Clunk

Hi to you all , when reversing into my driveway on full left lock there is a horrid clunk that comes from the lower front end. Can anyone please tell me what this might be ? Thank you very much. Sad 2008 RANGE ROVER SPORT

Post #558355 Thu Jun 07 2018 1:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wilchesth

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Zermatt Silver

I got the same problem and it is getting louder recently but it doesn't do it all the time. I checked my old MOT advisories and shows this:
Nearside Front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement wishbone (2.4.G.2)
Offside Front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement wishbone (2.4.G.2)

I wonder if it is about to pop soon.
I'm booked at the garage on Tuesday, I will let know what it was. Mine is also 2008. 2008 Range Rover Sport 2.7 SE Zermatt Silver.

Post #558386 Thu Jun 07 2018 1:15pm
Robbo88

Thank you for your reply . Yes, please let me know . It will be appreciated. Thank you take care . Rob

Post #558407 Thu Jun 07 2018 7:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wilchesth

Well I took the car to the garage yesterday and they couldn't pin point to the source of noise. They said nothing looked broken but there were a few suspects (front diff, cv boots) but they weren't willing to replace them as they weren't 100% sure. They told me to come back once the noise got worse. It wasn't a Land Rover garage so I might take it to the local indi next time. 2008 Range Rover Sport 2.7 SE Zermatt Silver.

Post #558859 Wed Jun 13 2018 10:26am
wilchesth

UPDATE: I took it to Land Rover garage for a health check and they found a front wheel bearing a bit wobbly and a problem with the propshaft center bearing which was split. So I wonder if the clunk is caused by the front wheel bearing. Saying that I haven't heard the noise for over 2 weeks. 2008 Range Rover Sport 2.7 SE Zermatt Silver.

Post #560452 Mon Jul 02 2018 3:50pm
Robbo88

Hi, update on my clonking from front end ... it was the lower arms . Had them replaced with 4 wheel align at £500 all in 😥. All lovely now .

Post #560895 Fri Jul 06 2018 11:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1