RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Advice please peeling lacquer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Bensrrsport

United Kingdom 
Advice please peeling lacquer

I bought my Approved Used My15.5 SDV6 AB from LR Rybrook 5 weeks and am loving the driving experience... what a splendid to travel.

Unfortunately, there were a few small things they needed to get fixed and Rybrook agreed to pay for me to fix them.

- Replace rear SPORT badge as peeling
- Door pillar scratch - replace door pillar trim
- Rear Caliper Repaint

When the car was in at Wimbledon Landrover getting the badge and door trim replaced - they noticed that the front bumper was not a colour match and on the bottom bumper trim in the area where it connects to the main bumper the paint lacquer is peeling.

As part of Rybrooks AU prep, they had resprayed the main bumper as the lacquer was peeling - my understanding is they didn't blend this into the car's bodywork, hence the colour difference.

The head of business at Landrover Wimbledon spoke with the Sales Manager at Rybrook and explain the situation with the bumper. Wimbledon then agreed to send Rybrook a quote to get the bumper resprayed at an AU bodyshop.

The feedback from Rybrooks Sales Manger is:
We would not be prepared to contribute towards any additional items. Should any further paintwork be required and was covered by warranty then we would require the car back to us for this attention. Transport would need to be at your cost.

Wimbledon said the paintwork would not be covered under warranty as the front bumper has been already painted by Rybrooks.

I would appreciate your advice as I don't want to have to pay myself to get the bumper resprayed.

Cheers

Post #560870 Fri Jul 06 2018 1:08pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

You have had it for 5 weeks before it had to go into get the agreed items fixed. The dealer noticed the colour discrepancy, not you. So you were ok with it before it was pointed out to you. So why should they have to pay for something you were quite happy with until a third party said different. Its a 3 year old car. If you want it perfect, buy new, even then according to this forum that's not always possible. I don't like people being ripped off but in this case just accept it as you were initially happy with it. Big Cry

Post #560883 Fri Jul 06 2018 7:18pm
Bensrrsport

United Kingdom 

I’m not worried that much about the colour - I just want the peeling lacquered fixed.

Post #560884 Fri Jul 06 2018 7:23pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Peeling lacquer is due to it being ‘smart repaired’ in the back lot no doubt. My ‘approved used’ Jaguar is suffering from same affliction although has only started to appear after a year of ownership. I paying from my own repair at a first class bodyshop..... Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #561169 Wed Jul 11 2018 7:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1