Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Dealership warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

CMLE

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black
Dealership warranty

Hi
Has anyone encountered anything similar?
I had the anti roll bar bushes changed at my local dealer at a cost of £4000ish, 3 years ago.
Within the 2 year warranty period, they had gone again and they were changed under warranty last Summer.
I am encountering the same problem again, less than a year later of them being replaced. I would assume that the new bushes would have the same 2 year warranty. But the dealership is saying that they will not cover them under warranty for a second time. Even though the parts are less than a year old.
Would be grateful to hear if others have encountered similar or the same problem!
Thanks

Post #560246 Fri Jun 29 2018 1:21pm
PEACHY

England 

Can't help with the actual question but surely the warranty company make that decision not the dealership - can't you speak to them direct. I also believe all parts come with atleast 12 months gaurantee - warranty so how can they deny responsibility or ownership of the issue Evil or Very Mad 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #560249 Fri Jun 29 2018 1:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I am no expert and so these are just my musings in case they help:

The warranty may exclude second repairs to the same item (I think my third party warranty does) but under the sale of goods act stuff you buy should be of merchantable quality. In other words if it doesn't do what its supposed to then you have a claim under the act. As these are less than year old it would suggest that they were not suitable for the job. Proving that you were driving "normally" and not hitting all speed bumps at 60mph might be difficult to prove however. And of course there is also the minefield of whether it is a LR design fault as opposed to faulty bushes. However you look at it there is something wrong if you get through a set of bushes in a year.

And how much did they cost? Hope that was a slip on the keyboard and you meant £400 not £4000...... Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #560258 Fri Jun 29 2018 3:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1