RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > KMotors Leyland Lancashire
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Stand Easy

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
KMotors Leyland Lancashire

Can anyone give any feedback on the above garage, need my brake servo, pipes and vacuum pump doing.

Any other recommendations for the Northwest, CANT USE A1 LANDROVER BURY Censored

Thanks

Post #559577 Fri Jun 22 2018 5:33pm
Garage Door Medic

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Can I ask, why can’t you use A1 In Bury MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #559638 Sat Jun 23 2018 4:39pm
Stand Easy

Ye basically I'm barred ! They quoted me for the job on Wednesday, I rang back Thursday to book it in and was told NO. The reason being ? back in November I forgot an appointment I'd made for a diagnostic check and "cost them money"
I'd forgotten because I was dealing with a serious, ongoing still, family health issue and was attending hospital appointments weekly, 42 in the 6 months prior to the missed appointment.

Post #559644 Sat Jun 23 2018 7:18pm
Garage Door Medic

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

That’s not very good customer service, the reason I asked, my car went in for it’s 5th year service and they failed to tell me about a bald tyre, and left of the cover from the filter on the glove box. MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #559744 Sun Jun 24 2018 4:56pm
Stand Easy

I've been to A1 once to have a driveline rumble diagnosed, nothing there they said Censored . Prior to my ownership my vehicle was serviced there for 6 years and I have receipts totalling £10k + which is the only reason I was opting for them to do my brake servo job.
Its now booked in at KMotors in Leyland, not exactly local but a trip to Blackpool with my daughter whilst its being worked on. Thumbs Up

Post #559779 Mon Jun 25 2018 6:24am
Russben

I've had mine serviced at K motors twice and have no issue with them at all. From my experience I'd definitely recommend them. I'm in the shed, I'll be back in the real world in a minute.

Post #560046 Wed Jun 27 2018 4:41pm
scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
I had

Stand Easy wrote:
Ye basically I'm barred ! They quoted me for the job on Wednesday, I rang back Thursday to book it in and was told NO. The reason being ? back in November I forgot an appointment I'd made for a diagnostic check and "cost them money"
I'd forgotten because I was dealing with a serious, ongoing still, family health issue and was attending hospital appointments weekly, 42 in the 6 months prior to the missed appointment.

Similar with a BMW indy behind Meadowhall in Sheffield. My local garage said he could adjust the handbrake after fitting discs all round my Z4 as he didn't have the tool. I got in touch with Autotechnic for help/advice and they said I could borrow the tool but I wasn't confident my local guy could do the job. after they had a brief talk on the phone I was basically blanked when I made enquiries at Autotechnic in the future. As far as im concerned it was their loss for my business as my wife also had a BMW 3 series at the time and his labour prices weren't much more less than the dealer hence why I went local.

Local guy also ended up costing me and the wife £1300 between us cause the rear discs on mine cracked after 3 months because of bad handbrake adjustment and he also frigged the wifes rear brakes up as well so we had to get them replaced elsewhere, I also threatened to sue his ass for the cost but just couldn't be bothered with the hassle

Post #560056 Wed Jun 27 2018 6:03pm
Stand Easy

Russben wrote:
I've had mine serviced at K motors twice and have no issue with them at all. From my experience I'd definitely recommend them.

That's good to hear pal, thanks. Thumbs Up

Post #560060 Wed Jun 27 2018 6:21pm
Russben

Just an update.
I've just had mine serviced & MOT'd again in July at K Motors and I'd asked about having the gearbox flushed when I booked it in. After ringing me back to say it had passed its MOT & they were starting on the service, they rang back again to ask why I wanted the gearbox fluid changed if there were no issues with the gearbox. When I said it was recommended at around 70k miles they said it would cost about £100 for a conversion kit to drain the fluid, £100 for the gearbox oil & around £200 in labour totalling around £400 to change the fluid.
The chap I spoke to said if I wasn't having problems then to leave it alone as it was a lot of money to spend on a gearbox fluid change.
I have to say I was impressed by their honesty. Some garages would have just done the work and charged for it. I'm in the shed, I'll be back in the real world in a minute.

Post #562989 Fri Aug 10 2018 2:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1