Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > MY 2015 RR Sport SDV6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Seamanm

England 
MY 2015 RR Sport SDV6

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows the auto gearbox logic/software for the 2015 SDV6 RR Sport. When I set off from cold in my car, the gearbox changes 'normally' i.e. holds the gears for a few seconds, depending on engine load and throttle position but generally changes up after a few seconds as speed increases. However on most cold start journeys 2-3 miles after setting off, if I'm getting up to 50-60-70 mph, the gearbox holds onto 7th gear for a mile or so....even thought I'm not accelerating or are accelerating very gently (i.e. not forcing it to keep a lower gear). It's very infuriating as it just sits there revving unnecessarily, using diesel when it's not necessary...I often get that vexed I have to manually change it after a mile or so.

The same happens when I change motorways; coming down from 70mph to a roundabout (engine and oil temp normal), auto-changing down as expected, join the next motorway and accelerating, gently.....and it continues to hang onto 7th even past 70mph!! Grrr!

If anyone can shed light on the programming maybe that would help me understand. Or perhaps the programmers at LR are just a bit crap?? Smile

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Marvin

Post #559919 Tue Jun 26 2018 12:35pm
East Coast Sport

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The cars are programmed to hold onto the gears longer when cold to help the engine get upto temperature quicker from cold starts. 2017 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
2015 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Indus Silver.
2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey, 5 Spoke Diamond Turned Alloys, Ebony Premium Oxford Leather, Privacy Glass

Post #562594 Fri Aug 03 2018 4:17pm
UK Guy

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Above post is correct, but one thing to check is your tyre pressure all round is correct

UK Guy RRS HSE with a few extras & a
2013 RRS Autobiography

Post #562601 Fri Aug 03 2018 5:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1