RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > RRS PLUG IN DELAYED BUILD DATES
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 15 <123 ... 678 ... 131415>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If it has been registered in June it will only be for the dealership/salesman’s bonus points for end of month/ end of half year....... they must been a bit short of points! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #559590 Fri Jun 22 2018 10:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Krx84

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I cant be 100% certain if it is registered as the dealer said it hasnt been registered, but it does have a number plate on the car so im a bit suspicious.

Im assuming only registered cars have number plates! RRSport - 2010

Post #559591 Fri Jun 22 2018 10:24pm
jd2uk

United Kingdom 

Having a number plate on the vehicle doesn’t mean it has been registered. Dealerships are given batches of registration numbers which they assign to vehicles themselves - normally the actual registration is done on the day you collect the vehicle or slightly before.

I’ve had instances where I’ve gone to inspect my new vehicle at the dealers compound and found that it had been assigned a registration number and had plates fitted months before it was ever registered.

Post #559594 Sat Jun 23 2018 12:31am
Tim in Scotland

If you know the registration number go to the DVLA website and try typing it in to see if the tax has been paid or if it is SORN 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #559601 Sat Jun 23 2018 7:43am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ghunkin

United Kingdom 
Now have a delivery date

After 4 months of waiting Mad I now have a delivery date of 24th Aug.
I'm pleased to see more positive reviews are emerging as people are driving the car, it took me a couple of months to get used to having 2 engines in my Volvo - but after 4 years of twin motor driving, I wouldn't go back to a single engine.
My Volvo app currently reports that of the 176 journeys in the last 100 days, 166 of these were 10 miles or less - I'm the perfect PHEV customer Very Happy

Post #559774 Mon Jun 25 2018 3:56am
ab601

United Kingdom 

Krx84 wrote:
ab601 wrote:
Awaiting an update on Monday Mad

Hi ab601

Im in the same position! I only found out 1 hour before collecting the vehicle Today!

Car paid for in full too!! Censored

Iv been told next update on the 26tg...in a loan 2017FFRR at moment...doesnt fill me with confidence if you have been in the same position since earlier this month...im pretty sure my car has been registered, hope it doesnt drag on for another month or else new reg will be out by the time i return from holiday and i will have not even driven the car!!!

Been told that fix has been released and parts ordered Smile
Hoping to collect by end of this week

Post #559892 Tue Jun 26 2018 8:02am
Tim in Scotland

Re: Now have a delivery date

ghunkin wrote:
.....I'm pleased to see more positive reviews are emerging as people are driving the car, it took me a couple of months to get used to having 2 engines in my Volvo - but after 4 years of twin motor driving, I wouldn't go back to a single engine.
My Volvo app currently reports that of the 176 journeys in the last 100 days, 166 of these were 10 miles or less - I'm the perfect PHEV customer Very Happy

I’m finding that out too, but the local LR dealership was adamant that an RRS PHEV was not the right RRS for me............. my journey pattern is very similar to yours, in 10 day ownership,of my first PHEV i’ve Now covered 340 miles and used 12 litres of petrol - the battery has provided quite sufficient range for 90% of my journies. I now wonder if I might even have been better off with a full EV with a real life range around 250 miles - I Pace would have suited me to a T............ but it’s too expensive, even the base model soon gets pricey when you add a couple of desirable options. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #559930 Tue Jun 26 2018 1:02pm
The Ws of London

United Kingdom 

[quote="ab601"][quote="Krx84"]

ab601 wrote:
Awaiting an update on Monday Mad[/quote
Been told that fix has been released and parts ordered Smile
Hoping to collect by end of this week

Good news indeed. I’ve not heard about mine but just sent an email to check....
Let’s hope it’s finally good to go!

Post #559947 Tue Jun 26 2018 3:04pm
ab601

United Kingdom 

Collected this afternoon and so far delighted
Serious playtime over the weekend

Post #560159 Thu Jun 28 2018 3:26pm
Tim in Scotland

It’s a Great challenge to see how long you can go before you need to add petrol to the tank - much easier if you have a home charger and can park where there are chargers in town. I recommend also adding the Zap-Map app to your smart phone - it shows the locations the of chargers, what sorts of sockets/plugs are needed, charging rates and if chargers are out of service - very useful as it also covers the whole of the UK.
I managed to get 411 miles before chickening out at 9ltrs of petrol left in the tank this afternoon, 13 days since I took delievery and cost me £34.73 for the 27.4 litres of Sainsbury’s best 4* Unleaded (remember to put the right fuel in!!) - in the last car that would have been getting on for vapours of diesel,left in the tank afterv411 miles and almost £95 of diesel........ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #560168 Thu Jun 28 2018 4:32pm
saints

United Kingdom 

Just heard today that my car has finally been built. Ordered it back in November so it’s been a bit of a wait (and not without problems) to get to this stage!
I’ve booked a VIP Experience to collect it in a couple of weeks. Getting excited now 😀

Post #560171 Thu Jun 28 2018 4:41pm
ab601

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
It’s a Great challenge to see how long you can go before you need to add petrol to the tank

My commute to work, this morning, 17 miles in EV mode all the way inc cruising at 55mph over the moors. So far so good Smile
I have a home charger and one at work so for commuting I fit the perfect PHEV driver profile 2018 Range Rover Sport P400e Autobiography

Post #560224 Fri Jun 29 2018 5:14am
Tim in Scotland

It’s great how quiet they are isn’t it - all the better for listening to good music on a decent audio system too.

I heard on the news this morning that BP has purchased Chargemaster Group. How long before the other oil majors start to panic and also try to diversify into delivering electricity for electrically powered vehicles? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #560226 Fri Jun 29 2018 6:49am
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

ab601 wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:
It’s a Great challenge to see how long you can go before you need to add petrol to the tank

My commute to work, this morning, 17 miles in EV mode all the way inc cruising at 55mph over the moors. So far so good Smile
I have a home charger and one at work so for commuting I fit the perfect PHEV driver profile

Are you finding you are getting the 31miles in ev mode ?

Post #560247 Fri Jun 29 2018 1:26pm
Tim in Scotland

I have found one disadvantage of having a black contrast roof on a PHEV (any PHEV or EV) on a sunny day........... when the car is parked the cabin temperature gets to furnace proportions and then the battery pre-conditioner cooling system cuts in......... with a fan running until the battery has cooled enough. To help keep the interior a bit cooler on these lovely sunny days i’ve dug out my Defender’s anti-frost screen cover and park on the drive with the side windows dropped 1-2cms and the opening pano-roof opened to the venting position. Now I know why the dealership and the internet warned that I should endeavour to park the car under cover/ shade on sunny days! BUT despite forecasts that the range would decrease due to hot weather i’ve Had the fully charged range (in my car’s case 26 miles) always available.

Next time i order a new PHEV or EV i’ll Go for the white contrast roof option! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #560254 Fri Jun 29 2018 2:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 15 <123 ... 678 ... 131415>