RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Yet another crank failure....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

SRE

Spain 

Regardless of the cause, JLR really do need to sort out the crank problems on the V6 diesel. It's one of the main reasons I have gone with the 4 pot, I really wanted the V6, however not an option until the crank issue is sorted. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #557995 Sat Jun 02 2018 3:12pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It is the main reason why I am not keeping my present car longer, it has run perfectly and faultlessly for 3 years and 22,000 miles BUT no cover forvdesign faults in the extended warranty is a risk too far, even though the car has full main dealer service history and service agreement for another two years.............. i’ve Owned Land Rovers to the exclusion of any other marque since 1995 but if Land Rover lacks confidence to back up extended warranty of their own products why should I have any confidence that on a “case by case basis “ my car may or may not be fixed for free when their engine design is at fault....... it should be a foregone conclusion that they will cover the cost of a replacement engine.

I’m not leaving the marque completely as I still have my 1996 Defender 300TDi that (touches a lot of wood) just keeps on running regardless of what I do to it - ancient tech, no unnecessary electronics (in fact no electronics at all) on the engine but brilliant design that makes 99% of the important bits easy to get at and parts that are still easy to obtain and are inexpensive compared to the parts for the modern cars - even OEM LR parts are cheap to buy. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #557998 Sat Jun 02 2018 4:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nowaytk

England 

I know why most are not keen on keeping their SDV6’s beyond the 3yr warranty period and on the LR extended warranty, but for me anyway, I think 99.9% of the worry / uncertainty that the extended warranty brings is because I’m a member on hear, in other words I would’ve been none the wiser, would never of thought about design fault issues etc, when mine went i would’ve thought “thank #### I’ve got the extended warranty” as the warranty says it covers mechanical & electrical failure defects, so would have no reason to think it wouldn’t be replaced under the warranty.
But, and it’s a big but, if I was asked would I be keeping my current SDV6 LR beyond the 3yr manufacturing warranty, then I don’t think I could say yes or no due to the doubt Rolling Eyes I might even go the same route as Tim, thinking of going the electric route (hopefully proven tech in a couple of years) and depending what the new defender looks like, if not to my taste would most prob get a def 90 as playing about in the mud is an itch I think I have to scratch Laughing 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #558005 Sat Jun 02 2018 6:10pm
Terras14

Hi is there a service bulletin to this crankshaft or fuel/oil dilution issue?
I am just wondering how many percent of the sdv6 rrs2 population are affected?
When I google for this crankshaft prob, it seems to be mostly the earlier rrs or discovery that was affected and reported mileage is in excess of 100k km

Post #559169 Sun Jun 17 2018 7:47am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

As for the mileage when the crank fails it seem more of the low mileage around the 30,000 miles cars that are failing,the one I sold failed at 33,000 miles 2014 model with fls.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #559172 Sun Jun 17 2018 8:39am
SRE

Spain 

I think the Crank can let go at any mileage, check the Disco 3 forum, well maintained higher mileage cars can and do fail. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #559179 Sun Jun 17 2018 9:37am
garrycol

Australia 

Interestingly, here is Aust other cars with the same 2.7 engine such as the Ford Territory, Jaguar and Citroen don't seem to have the same crank failure issues as the Landrover product.

The Territory engine is the engine of choice when the Landrover engine fails and needs replacement here.

in other parts of the world are the other makes suffering the same failures as the LR product?

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #559182 Sun Jun 17 2018 10:25am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Garry,,it’s the 3.0 sdv6 with the crank issue not the 2.7 tdv6

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #559183 Sun Jun 17 2018 10:28am
garrycol

Australia 

Yes sorry - just realised this is the new RRS section not the old one Crying or Very sad 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #559184 Sun Jun 17 2018 10:31am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Though the 2.7 is not unknown for the odd snapped crank.

Nowhere near as often as the 3.0...

Post #559185 Sun Jun 17 2018 10:34am
Revoke

United Kingdom 
AJD-V6 RECALL

Hi guys. This may be useful, maybe not, disregard as appropriate.

I gather there's a "known" problem with rotating bearing shells on the V6 3.0L that spells disaster for affected engines. I don't believe that there's been a recall as yet, but willing to be corrected. On the assumption that there hasn't been a general recall, the following is definitely of interest...

The South Korean government has just told JLR to issue a recall on 16,000 vehicles: XJ, XF, RR, RRS and D4. The only connection I know of is they all come with the V6 diesel. The major news agencies haven't got the story but it is definitely out there.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking-new...&sid=2

"Jaguar Land Rover Korea will voluntarily recall 16,022 vehicles to repair faulty parts, the transport ministry said today.

The ministry said the Indian-owned British carmaker's recall plan will start on October 29 and cover five different models that will be checked by mechanics, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport said in a statement, Yonhap reports.

The five models -- the Jaguar XF sedan, Jaguar XJ sedan, Discovery 4, Range Rover and Range Rover Sports sport utility vehicles -- have been found to have faulty diesel engine crankshafts that could catch fire and cause power shutdowns while the car is being driven, the statement said."

If this is of any value would people with relevant links please pass it on to the other forums.

Post #566474 Mon Oct 08 2018 1:09pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Situation in the UK will remain F Censored You Britain we don’t think there is a problem and we don’t care about our UK customers any more........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #566475 Mon Oct 08 2018 1:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

Amazing that this is happening in South Korea but not elsewhere in the World, wake up Land Rover and do the right thing and stand by your product Worldwide !

Post #566489 Mon Oct 08 2018 4:51pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

"Yeah, thanks but no. We sell 'em as fast as we can build 'em and charge massive margins on each one. We can afford a few of you to go elsewhere. Don't let the door hit you on the way out." Said JLR to the idiots, sorry customers, who buy their products. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #566494 Mon Oct 08 2018 5:56pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Except the bottom has fallen out of their sales in China.

Factory is shutting production for a few weeks with staff continuing to get paid. Are the chickens coming home to roost?

Post #566502 Mon Oct 08 2018 8:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>