RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > RRS PLUG IN DELAYED BUILD DATES
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 15 <123 456 ... 131415>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

After it has been GTechniq’d by the local detailers on 15th June. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #558335 Wed Jun 06 2018 7:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

ab601 wrote:
The wait continues !!

Car subject to a recall regarding fuel sensor so cant be taxed and released according to the dealer

Not happy !!

CANT WAIT FOR YOUR VIEWS AND HOPEFULLY A VIDEO Very Happy

Post #558384 Thu Jun 07 2018 11:20am
ab601

United Kingdom 

Awaiting an update on Monday Mad

Post #558394 Thu Jun 07 2018 3:25pm
ab601

United Kingdom 

The latest is that my car cant be handed over beacause of an 'Update Prior to Sale Notice' issued by JLR instructing dealers to 'Hold' due to a potential faulty fuel tank sender unit. Any vehicle already in use can continue to be driven with any repair instructions to be communicated separately. A further update is to be issued tomorrow but this may be a further 'hold only' !! Very Frustrating having waited so long, I am pushing dealer to get the vehicle released without joy so far.

Post #558604 Sun Jun 10 2018 8:22am
Tim in Scotland

Have you been told about some PHEVs that the dealers cannot make switch between power sources? I have now learned of two demo cars that refuse to change power source - fine if it won’t switch from petrol to electric but not so great if it won’t switch back from electric to petrol...... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #558606 Sun Jun 10 2018 9:03am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ab601

United Kingdom 

No, not heard that Tim Sad

Post #558619 Sun Jun 10 2018 3:25pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

The one I drove had no problem switching between power sources - could feel a nice jerk every time it changed!

Post #558676 Mon Jun 11 2018 10:38am
Tim in Scotland

The problem could be about to rear it’s head on that car then............. I would say in 2018 it is unacceptable not to have a seemless energy source change-over - Mini dealer took me out in a BMW 2 series PHEV and it is like the Mini, you simply don’t know when the change of power source has happened without watching the fuel gauge or the charging status indicator as the cars don’t have a rev counter! Same with the Outlander PHEV I test drove and the Ionic PHEV, you have no idea when the change over has happened without looking at a dial on the dash. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #558681 Mon Jun 11 2018 11:33am
The Ws of London

United Kingdom 

ab601 wrote:
The latest is that my car cant be handed over beacause of an 'Update Prior to Sale Notice' issued by JLR instructing dealers to 'Hold' due to a potential faulty fuel tank sender unit. Any vehicle already in use can continue to be driven with any repair instructions to be communicated separately. A further update is to be issued tomorrow but this may be a further 'hold only' !! Very Frustrating having waited so long, I am pushing dealer to get the vehicle released without joy so far.

I spoke to my dealer today as my RRS PHEV is being held pending resolution of the fuel sender issue. The expectation is that an update will be available on 9th July. Whether that means they will then release the car or not is unclear. However, I understand this is a global issue affecting cars / dealers worldwide so I guess there is a lot going on behind the scenes to try and come up with a solution!

Post #558900 Wed Jun 13 2018 8:07pm
The Ws of London

United Kingdom 

On a related topic, does anyone know if a towba4 can be fitted to the P400?

Post #558901 Wed Jun 13 2018 8:08pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Given that I don't believe anyone has taken delivery of an Hybrid yet I suggest you refer to the dealer or brochure.
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #558915 Thu Jun 14 2018 3:27am
EssexRRS

United Kingdom 

I took delivery of mine about 3 weeks ago at the same time as the dealer demo car

And it's very very good

I've read with interest the various comments about test drives etc. but I have to say it is every bit as good as I expected. Initially I was disappointed to find it won't charge itself, but then I spoke with a mate who's Passat does charge and his mpg halves. It kind of makes sense - why use petrol to charge a battery to save petrol? The laws of physics say you'll lose energy in the process so it's very logical not to charge from the petrol engine. Which is plenty fast and smooth, btw. Again, reports of noisy and unrefined driving are not what I experience and it's way more refined than my old 3L SDV, which rattled like a bag of spanners when pushed.

I'm still working the car out but I think it's a case of a different mindset, which we will all need as PHEV or all electric becomes the norm. For me this is a great solution to getting away from diesel (and needless tax bills) without losing overall mpg or performance. Real world running, I'm getting 45mpg including long runs. It feels every bit as fast as my SDV, even on petrol alone - faster with electric too. And yes the BIK is a wheeze, but who cares - it works! Clever Land Rover, I say

If your driving suits it, and you've got one on order, you will not be dissapointed

Post #558949 Thu Jun 14 2018 3:52pm
Spooked

United Kingdom 

Really pleased to hear something positive about the PHEV. Have you got a fast charger installed at home, and if so, what sort of charging times are you getting?

Post #558951 Thu Jun 14 2018 4:30pm
EssexRRS

United Kingdom 

Not yet, no. I’m getting one fitted at the end of the month. So far I’m charging from the normal 3 pin 10amp supply at my work because it tripped my house electrics. My house is old and although I’m not an electrician it seems that it takes just a little too much power. It works with half the fuses turned off!

If you’ve got more modern electrics then it’ll be fine. It takes about 7-8 hours on the 3 pin plug and it doesn’t put 30 miles in, more like 24 so fast charger is the way to go.

Range Rover have a recommended supplier - Chargemaster PLC who are all set up to do it and the RRS has just been cleared for the government grant so it’s about £350 I think. I’ll let you know how I get on as apparently it need a specific type of fuse installed.

@RRSman, the power change over in my car is virtually undetectable, to the point that I actively have the tachometer on the dash so I can tell when the petrol is running. Sure, you can feel it at times, especially if you’re flooring it, but it’s a completely different car to the SDV - you can’t expect the same responses. Maybe your demo car is not working well? With the SDV, you floor it and then count to ten whilst is thinks about a throttle response. The PHEV is instant.

I’ve only used it for a week (on holiday currently) but first impressions are good - hopefully I won’t regret my choice

Post #558956 Thu Jun 14 2018 4:56pm
Tim in Scotland

Even with a newer house you may need heavier duty wiring and fusing for the car to charge off the 13amp plug. The advice I was given was to add an extra socket with heavy duty cabling and an additional bigger fuse before the domestic fuse box which I have now got. My brother-in-law is a contracting electrician and has installed several fast chargers for Renaults and Nissans locally and he up rated my wiring and fuse in case I wanted to add a rapid charger later ( I would be interested in a Tesla 3cor an I Pace once the teething problems are solved with the IPace!)but as my PHEV only takes 3 hours to charge on a standard plug i’m Not bothering to fit One at home, also BMW’s system automatically restricts the current to avoid damaging the battery - can also charge during the day on cheap electricity from my domestic solar panel array on the house roof. You also shouldn’t need another charging cable now as last winter the EU decreed that all chargers are now required to have type 2 plugs on tethered cables. Reading on other forums be aware that Chargemaster charges you quite a lot to join and use their chargers......... in Scotland it is different we have a nationwide system provided by Charge Place Scotland and apart from a £20 annual fee for the swipe card to activate the charging stations charging is free at 98% of charging points. Other charging companies are available but don’t have the coverage that the Scottish Government’s system has. I have read online too that PHEV owner’s should avoid too much use of superchargers as that can shorten the life of the battery pack, also to avoid always charging to 100% for the same reason. I was looking for info how to store a BEV/PHEV for periods of 2 weeks or more and it transpires that it isn’t good to store them for any length of time with more than 80% charge or less than 40% charge. If you have to park up the car for a longer period than 2 weeks there is plenty of advice online

Spooked - I found the other day that Chargepoint Scotland has two designs of charge point - some of them require you to have your own cable to connect up with, the newer ones don’t they have cables and plugs of different designs tehetered to the chargers. They are phasing out the older ones that you have to have your own cable for. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #558993 Thu Jun 14 2018 10:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 15 <123 456 ... 131415>