RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > On / Off-Road Pack for SDV6, is it worth it?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

goran

Yugoslavia 
On / Off-Road Pack for SDV6, is it worth it?

Hi,

I ordered a SDV6 19MY and now i'm having second thoughts should i have ordered "On / Off-Road Pack". I don't plan using car on track but i'm quite unsatisfied with body roll of my current car (2009 BMW X5, standard suspension) as when driving on twisty roads the car rolls quite a bit and it makes the car harder to drive and it makes the passengers sick.

When i test drove SDV6, i couldn't test for body roll because the area i live in is quite flat and there are no mountains with twisty roads. That card did not have dynamic response and felt quite stable in my test drive.

What's bothering me is the question: Does RRS without dynamic response have significant body roll when doing spirited driving on mountainous roads?

I would gladly skip the "On / Off-Road Pack" as it cost in my country is around ~4500GBP.

Thanks

Post #558811 Tue Jun 12 2018 8:58pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

How much extra would it cost you to change the order to an HSE Dynamic - they are worth more at the end of the day than the HSE + On/Offroad pack as the car is usually valued as an HSE or an HSE Dynmaic when it comes to selling the car on.
The Dynamic function does make the car roll less in vigor’s driving on twisty roads but on straight paved highway you wouldn’t notice it - you would notice the steering weighting up and the sharper gear changes when the Dynamic mode is selected. Living in the countryside with fast roads with sweeping bends I use the Dynamic mode a lot even when just going to and from town. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #558813 Tue Jun 12 2018 9:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
goran

Yugoslavia 

I ordered it in HSE Dynamic.

In Serbia, HSE Dynamic brings only couple of cosmetic changes like bigger rims, letters and vents in dark grey color, more interior choices and in case of SDV6 "Adaptive Dynamics".

It does not bring the dynamic mode as dynamic mode is part of "On / Off-Road Pack" which consists of:

Quote:
Twin-speed transfer box (high/low range)
All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC)
Terrain Response 2 with Dynamic Program
Electronic Active Differential with Torque Vectoring by Braking
Electronic Air Suspension with Dynamic Response

Dynamic Response is the technology that prevents too much body roll (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XulkFsUnw64).

Post #558816 Tue Jun 12 2018 9:24pm
goran

Yugoslavia 

I just visited UK configuration site and now i understand your comment. Basically in UK you get the "On / Off-Road" package when you order HSE Dynamic. That's awesome Smile

We have to order on/off-road package to get the dynamic mode

Post #558817 Tue Jun 12 2018 9:33pm
Renaco

Germany 

Your needs are exactly made for dynamic response, pleas add the pack as the body roll is much more than on a X5 on twisty roads!

It’s worth every cent, trust me please Thumbs Up 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #558825 Tue Jun 12 2018 11:04pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I agree with Renaco, add it to your spec - you will find that it flattens the roll significantly. It is also one of the things that makes the RRS a sportier drive than the Full Fat Range Rover which doesn’t have Dynamic mode even as an option. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #558840 Wed Jun 13 2018 7:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mlines

United Kingdom 

For me the addition of High/Low transfer box is almost essential even if you do not use it yourself. When you come to sell it on most buyers expect large range rovers to have low ratio transfer boxes and are surprised to find it is an optional that people have not taken.

A quick search of this forum will show buyers who got their new car home only to find the expected High/Low ratio is missing 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #558883 Wed Jun 13 2018 4:15pm
goran

Yugoslavia 

Thanks guys,

I think i'll have to find a way to squeeze the On / Off-Road Pack into my order. It will be tough as i will need to part ways with some options like 360 camera, keyless entry, and 3-zone climate control Sad

Post #558886 Wed Jun 13 2018 6:33pm
Dobby

United Kingdom 

mlines wrote:
For me the addition of High/Low transfer box is almost essential even if you do not use it yourself. When you come to sell it on most buyers expect large range rovers to have low ratio transfer boxes

I’m inclined to disagree. “Most buyers” have no idea what the transfer box does. For us, as keen owners, we’d expect it, but we’re not ‘most buyers’.

Most buyers will look for the improved mpg you get from not lugging 100kgs of transfer box around, that they’ll almost certainly never use.

Post #558905 Wed Jun 13 2018 8:25pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The transfer box isn't 100kg but never mind. The benefit of adding the better capability is that it gives you better on road agility too as the active rear axle helps when driving on road too.

Generally, "most buyers" want the best spec so that they can brag to their mates... Whistle 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #558907 Wed Jun 13 2018 8:44pm
IRBails

Australia 

When I was buying I had researched the car and read the reviews most of them English (UK). Dynamic was used to describe the running gear, but when purchasing in OZ it referred to paint. The Dynamic paint pack added $15 k in Australia which for the price I thought included the running gear , fortunately a dealer told me that all SVD 8 vehicles had the running gear described in the UK as Dynamic, this was great news as the paint features were not that important to me. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #558909 Wed Jun 13 2018 9:17pm
syl

United Kingdom 

Do you get air suspension without it? I’m not bothered about the rest but the air suspension alone would be worth it. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #558924 Thu Jun 14 2018 6:36am
goran

Yugoslavia 

Yes, air suspension is standard in V6, hybrid and V8 models.

Post #558925 Thu Jun 14 2018 6:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1