RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY14 RRS rear end rattle?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BT20

United Kingdom 
MY14 RRS rear end rattle?

This is my first venture into the RRSport forum. I have recently bought a MY14 RRS (SE) in fuji white with contrasting black roof. With upgraded LR alloys and AB trim, the car looks amazing. The only issue I have is a rattle which is only audible at low speed and/or when cornering. It sounds as though there is a golf ball in the boot compartment which moves forwards / backwards and side to side. I have removed the spare wheel and accessories and looked under the seats in the rear but cannot find anything loose, (or a stray golf ball for that matter!). The vehicle has just turned 53K and is still covered by the 5 year LR service plan. I took the car for a major service last week and asked the main LR dealership in Belfast to try to find the fault. The technicians reported hearing the noise at the rear and also a similar noise in the central console area which I had not heard. They told me that to strip the console out, etc would cost in excess of £400 on labour alone. The vehicle is still under a dealership warranty. The car was also MOT'd before I took delivery in May. This is my first RRS and I have long wanted this vehicle. I hope this is not an emerging fault that could become a serious issue. Before I return to the dealership, has anyone else encountered a similar issue and what was the outcome?

Previously - Owned from new 2014 -18 Evoque Pure Tech - excellent runner over the 4 years that I had the car. No complaints.

Post #558826 Tue Jun 12 2018 11:44pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I wonder if what you are hearing is fuel tank slap which is a well known issue when the tank is getting down to half full and there is a factory fix for it but it reduces the tank capacity a little. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #558841 Wed Jun 13 2018 7:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
blueanchorinn

United Kingdom 

I find that unless the rear seatbelt buckles are slid up onto where they emerge from behind the seat that they rattle on the plastic trim between the seat and door

Post #558842 Wed Jun 13 2018 7:41am
BT20

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the responses. I have put the seat belt buckles up as high as they can go and the noise is still there.

The car is presently just under half full of diesel. I shall fill it up today and see if that makes any difference.

Post #558861 Wed Jun 13 2018 9:51am
BT20

United Kingdom 

Now filled the car full of diesel but the noise is still there. In the process of stripping out the back spare tyre, wheel jack, etc but when I took another test drive, with seats down, I can still hear the noise. Frustrating !!

Post #558876 Wed Jun 13 2018 12:29pm
IRBails

Australia 

Rattles I have diagnosed as follows:=

Rear Luggage compartment blind/cover
Rear seat belts
Front belts inside front pillars.

I haven't bothered with these as they are intermittent and I know what they are.

Hope you find it doesn't sound like a mechanical issue . M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #558910 Wed Jun 13 2018 9:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1