RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Home charging for p400e
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Spooked

United Kingdom 
Home charging for p400e

Just to let anyone with a p400e on order that OLEV have finally approved the car for the grant scheme...£500 towards cost (plus an extra £300 from the Energy Saving Trust if you’re lucky enough to live in Scotland). Now all I need is the bloody car...

Post #558184 Tue Jun 05 2018 2:09pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Living in Scotland I would recommend two things that I have been advised of:

A) Apply for a ChargePlace Scotland card - £20 pa gives you free charging at 99% of their chargers across Scotland - mine arrived last week in time for my Mini’s pending arrival. No need for a charging cable as they all have a selection of couplings fitted to each charger and also despite what the drop down on the application form states, PHEVs not just EV’s owner’s are welcome to apply. About the only thing that I can thank the Wicked Witch of the North (Nicola) for introducing as ChargePlace Scotland is a Scottish Government agency / initiative in disguise - what used to be called a QUANGO! http://chargeplacescotland.org
B) down load Zapmap app to your smartphone - shows the locations and operating status of most chargers in UK and Europe and it is free. https://www.zap-map.com/live/ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #558219 Tue Jun 05 2018 8:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Spooked

United Kingdom 

Thanks Tim. I’ll get on and order one...in the hope that my PHEV may eventually be delivered!

Post #558302 Wed Jun 06 2018 3:19pm
Tim in Scotland

Mine (a Mini Countryman PHEV to replace my RRS) arrived at Douglas Park BMW/Mini this morning as I was sat doing paperwork with the salesman - total surprise as we weren’t expecting it to appear until 23rd June! It will be delivered on 15th June after I can arrange a new number plate for the RRS as it has been on a private plate since first registration. It will also go to Ultimate Shine Autos in Stirling (and 3 minutes walk from the dealership) for detailing and GTechnic Serum Ultra treatment before it is handed over. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Wed Jun 06 2018 10:35pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #558303 Wed Jun 06 2018 3:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Ws of London

United Kingdom 
OLEV

Good to hear the RRS P400 is now OLEV eligible. I cant see any update on this online so could you please share where you have seen that announced?

My P400 was supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Its been in the dealer since Friday but I got a call today to say they have all been put on "stop" pending resolution of an issue with the fuel sensor. Anyone know anything about this?

Post #558336 Wed Jun 06 2018 8:23pm
Spooked

United Kingdom 

Here you go:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/syst...sv/preview

Post #558470 Fri Jun 08 2018 12:50pm
Tim in Scotland

Interesting that neither RRS PHEV nor Range Rover PHEV are eligible for the plug in car grant, so no cheque from the Chancellor for £2500 for buying a low emissions vehicle............. interesting to see just how many cars don’t get it either - surprising number, and they aren’t all hugely expensive executive type cars - new Volvo XC 90T8, Renault Flatulence, Chevy Volt, Mitsubishi iMiEV (which is now quite an old car but the Citroen and Peugeot version’s of the same vehicle do qualify) and I wonder also why the i8 doesn’t qualify yet the Mini Countryman with a system similar to it does..... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #558474 Fri Jun 08 2018 1:32pm
The Ws of London

United Kingdom 
P400's on HOLD

Just a had a further update on my P400 which was meant to be delivered last week.
I understand that due to the Fuel Sender Unit issue it's now been put on a further Hold until the 9th of July
Anyone else in the same boat?
Sad Sad Sad

Post #558708 Mon Jun 11 2018 6:10pm
Tim in Scotland

Something for you guys waiting for your PHEVs - my car is specced with a charging cable that has a type 2 connection on the car end and a 13amp domestic plug on the other, as standard equipment. It only takes 3 hours to charge on a 3 pin charger with the supplied cable BUT checking with Chargeplace Scotland and Chargemaster the number of public chargers with a 13 amp socket connection is low and falling as more faster, high rate chargers come on stream. 3 pin plugs are fine for charging at home overnight but if I want to use 22kW or higher capacity public chargers then You have to have a cable with a type 2 plug on each end ( most, but a significant number of chargers you need your own cables for) chargers have a hard wired suitable plug on them). For Mini that additional cable is an accessory and costs £165 from your friendly dealership accessory Department.
Sooooo if JLR don’t supply anything in the way of a free charging cable (as I have heard0 you will need your own cable with each type of plug on it if you intend to home charge overnight without a dedicated home charger point for your RRS. If you have a home charger fitted then you have two options - pay additional for a charger with the cable and type 2 plug built on and not charge away from home or pay less for the charger with only a socket on it and pay a heap extra for the cable that can be used both at home and away on a public charger. Something else that I found interesting that I odn’t Know if the RRS PHEV can do is that the BMW system not only pre-conditions the batteries so you can drive away immediately in EV mode but to avoid damage to the batteries can modify the charging power/ rate to restrict it to 3.5kW/h - I have tried to find out about the RRS system but none of the dealers I have spoken to know! Take solice that I have educated my BMW Mini dealership as I have found out that they know very little about their PHEV system as well. I’m sure that you will probably end up knowing more about your car than most dealership staff! Something else with the Mini that I don’t know if the RRS has is that it is impossible in the Mini to drive away from the charger with the cable still connected, the Mini with not allow you to operate the start switch ( no stop/start button on a Mini PHEV, it is a yellow switch and a smart key in your pocket) if the cable is still connected AND the charging socket on the car is not clicked closed. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #558711 Mon Jun 11 2018 7:21pm
syl

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Interesting that neither RRS PHEV nor Range Rover PHEV are eligible for the plug in car grant, so no cheque from the Chancellor for £2500 for buying a low emissions vehicle............. interesting to see just how many cars don’t get it either - surprising number, and they aren’t all hugely expensive executive type cars - new Volvo XC 90T8, Renault Flatulence, Chevy Volt, Mitsubishi iMiEV (which is now quite an old car but the Citroen and Peugeot version’s of the same vehicle do qualify) and I wonder also why the i8 doesn’t qualify yet the Mini Countryman with a system similar to it does.....

https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car-van-grants

Category 2 or 3 cars with a recommended retail price over £60,000 are not eligible for a grant. This includes:

Audi Q7 (category 2)
BMW i8 (category 2)
Mercedes-Benz S500 Hybrid (category 3)
Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid (category 3)
Range Rover P400e (category 3)
Range Rover Sport P400e (category 3) RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #558717 Mon Jun 11 2018 7:51pm
sweetafton

England 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

So what security is there on the charging cables? What’s going to stop people stealing them and selling them on? If they are £165 to buy there will be a good second hand market for them! Just like the spare wheel! MY11 Autobiography supercharged. Santorini Black. Monaco interior. Rear screens. Privacy.
Gone MY08 Supercharged HST. Java black. Ivory premium interior. Rear screens. Privacy. Missed a lot.
Gone MY04 Discovery V8 Petrol ES Premium. Awesome.

Post #558721 Mon Jun 11 2018 8:07pm
Tim in Scotland

In the Mini the cable is locked to the vehicle when connected up and the car is locked - wouldn’t stop someone cutting one, but then they would get a very nasty shock! Also if the cable isn’t properly home and the connection made then it won’t start charging and in my car that is indicated by LEDs around the car socket on the left hand wing. As the battery charges it changes colour too to show the amount of charge in the battery when you come back to the car. I’m sure the Outlander will be the same. If you aren’t using a charging point the cables in my car coil up into a bag (that also contains waterproof gloves for when you connect/ disconnect on a wet day) that lives under a hinged section of the boot floor in a tray or the bag can be hooked onto clips on the boot side. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #558723 Mon Jun 11 2018 8:19pm
Spooked

United Kingdom 
Re: P400's on HOLD

The Ws of London wrote:
Just a had a further update on my P400 which was meant to be delivered last week.
I understand that due to the Fuel Sender Unit issue it's now been put on a further Hold until the 9th of July
Anyone else in the same boat?
Sad Sad Sad

I’m still being told second week in July, but TBH I’ll believe when I see it. Can’t be arsed with dealership BS, either. Perhaps we’ll end up getting our cars at the same time...in August/September/October...

Post #558766 Tue Jun 12 2018 12:27pm
The Ws of London

United Kingdom 
P400e Charging - in France

Slight change of topic; In the UK I only ever charge at home using a chargemaster wall charger but we're off skiing in a couple of months in the French Alps and I wondered if anyone had recommendations for charging our RRS p400e en-route?

I drove down to Italy in the summer and we relied on the petrol engine once the initial charge had gone but this time I'd like to charge on the way. We charged it a few times at the villa we had in Italy but it started tripping the electricity ....

Any ideas on the best places from the Eurotunnel through Northern France to stop / system to use?

(It seems to be much easier with a Tesla X!)

Post #571359 Wed Dec 19 2018 2:35pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Have you googled the various maps such as https://chargemap.com/map 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #571362 Wed Dec 19 2018 2:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>