RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > How often should I change the timing chain on 2008 3.6 TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mani

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
How often should I change the timing chain on 2008 3.6 TDV8

How often should I change the timing chain on 2008 3.6 TDV8 current miles 131,200
Whistle Whistle Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Cheers

Mani G MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #557576 Mon May 28 2018 2:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Never. It's a fit for life item. Thumbs Up Mine had 174k miles on it when I sold it... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #557580 Mon May 28 2018 3:50pm
Mani

Bow down Bow down Bow down

Thanks, RRS TDV8, I will just get the Belts and pullies changed and maybe the water pump

Cheer

Mani G MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #557582 Mon May 28 2018 4:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The belts are also fit for life - they should just be checked for wear and replaced as needed. Mine, so far as I am aware, was on its original belts and pulleys when I sold it. Similarly the water pump, I think. Mine had two alternators and a PAS pump replaced and the belts weren't ever changed. There might have been a new tensioner but I can't remember now. The paperwork all went to the new owner.

The TDV8 is probably the best engine in the range. Other than the turbo problem (which can be managed by allowing spool down / cooling for a minute before turning off) it has no real problems. Well, the exhaust manifolds can warp and the inlet manifolds can crack but other than that...the EGRs are pretty good - mine was on its originals when they were changed at about 165k and that was only because they came off to have the glow plugs changed and I couldn't see the point of putting the old ones back on. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #557588 Mon May 28 2018 4:18pm
Mani

Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up Thumbs Up MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #557589 Mon May 28 2018 4:21pm
waynescott523

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Alaska White
WIFI ADVICE PLEASE

IM LOOKING AT FITTING SOME SORT OF WIFI INTO MY 3.6 TDV8 HST, I have rear entertainment screens in the back headrests any advice on which product is best for playing sky go ect on the screens would be appreciated.
regards wayne (southport Lancashire)

Post #558553 Sat Jun 09 2018 10:42am
Mani

Hi pal pm me your mobile and I will call you

Cheers

Mani MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #558555 Sat Jun 09 2018 10:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1