RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > RRS 2007 v8 diesel.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

raysheppard1954

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
RRS 2007 v8 diesel.

hi ,i have a strange noise coming from the dash or centre console when i turn the steering wheel to the left ,more so when i turn full left ,only when the car is moving.it sounds like a relay or a rattling sound,i looked all round in the cab and been underneath.it gets louder the more you turn the steering wheel to the left nothing happen to the right .no lights or errors coming on.any help with this problem would be good.thanks ray.

Post #557820 Thu May 31 2018 9:34am
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

That's a weird one. The only thing I can think of is something to do with the static bending lamp on the left. It is part of the adaptive lighting system that is standard on the TDV8. In the owner's handbook there is a description of how these work. In some parts of the handbook they are referred to as 'cornering lamps' (could only happen in Land Rover world!).

Is the static bending lamp working as it should? Driving around corners at low speed in the dark you should see them come on and off with big steering inputs. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #557845 Thu May 31 2018 1:58pm
d-9

Cornering lamps are separate to the adaptive lights that move the headlamp beam, the cornering lamps are the ones that illuminate at a certain steering angle/speed, or when you put the indicator on at low speed.

Sorry to the OP, that probably doesn't help. Does it do it when coming on/off throttle? My tdv8 has what sounds like a relay click then

Post #557878 Thu May 31 2018 9:54pm
raysheppard1954

hi ,thanks for your replies ,i have replaced the n\s headlight with a second hand unit from ebay a few months ago so it might be that.the noise sound like a relay clicking or some thing rolling under the dash.i will unplug the head light too see if its still there,thanks again.ray.

Post #557888 Fri Jun 01 2018 5:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1