RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Rattle at 70mph
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Kens96

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
Rattle at 70mph

I have had many rattles and noises with my MY14 RRS but recently it has started, what I can only describe as a fairly subdued “rattle” at 70mph or over – it is driving me crazy Sad ! It isn’t coming from within the cabin but at that speed it is nearly impossible to tell where it is from. My wife sitting in the front passenger seat thinks it is louder on her side. I have looked over all visible parts of the bodywork and can’t see anything that may cause it. It has been in to the dealer and they thought they had found the cause but sadly not it still persists.
If anyone has any advice where to look it would be very much appreciated. 2014 3.0 RRS2 Autobiography

Post #554610 Thu Apr 19 2018 7:53pm
IRBails

Australia 

There is a common rattle in the front pillars that enclose the seat belt. I have this and only seems to happen when I am traveling? When back driving around town it stops and I forget to raise it with the dealer. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #554628 Thu Apr 19 2018 10:46pm
Kens96

Thank you for the suggestion, I searched the forum and found a few threads on the pillar noise you mention. I don’t think it is the cause as the description of the sound is different but will take it back to the dealer and mention it to them. Thank you for the suggestion. If anyone else has any other suggestions they would be welcome.

While searching for the pillar noise I discovered a thread describing an issue with the door rubber causing a clicking by the ear – I have that problem as well on the drivers side and have always wondered what it could be. I am not sure I want to solve it with wooden meat skewers… I speak to the dealer about that too.

I have had a host of different and rattles with this car, very disappointing I must say. Circa 1.5 years old the dealer took the centre console apart to resolve a rattle near the cup holders that has now returned. At 2.5years the deployable side steps become loose causing a slight knocking type noise.. Crying or Very sad 2014 3.0 RRS2 Autobiography

Post #554644 Fri Apr 20 2018 10:32am
Kens96

Back from the Land Rover in Slough and they eventually tracked the problem down to one of the deployable side steps having come loose once again. It explains why it was louder on one side. 2014 3.0 RRS2 Autobiography

Post #557513 Sun May 27 2018 9:32am
BKHK

Australia 

Good find ....and good Mrs for identifying it being louder on her side. Thumbs Up I think mine would be clueless Laughing

Post #557528 Sun May 27 2018 2:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1