RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > RRS MY 2018 Delivery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456

Kettle7

United Kingdom 

If it's any consolation, I have had constant issues with my shiny new MY17 Sport since it was delivered 6 months ago. I've had significant Bluetooth issues and many other dramas. JLR have very recently released an update which appears to have resolved the many InControl issues so there is hope....

Still totally unacceptable though and quite sad...

Post #549717 Sun Feb 25 2018 8:47pm
leobalou

United Kingdom 

Yes InControl system fairly stable now.

Car back to dealer on Tuesday for a two day troubleshoot to deal with all the niggles...just in time for the snow when I really need a 4x4!!

Post #549723 Sun Feb 25 2018 9:26pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Kettle I to have been having ict issues with my current 4 month old my 17AB since week 1, interested to know about the “latest fix”? Mine mainly is around the SIM card reader for WiFi hotspot, traffic updates etc which has never worked even after new sims, new card reader etc, dealers say it currently cannot be fixed. Also have intermittent faults with auto side steps, reverse camera, radio not coming on, screen not powering up, did you have any of these?

Malc

Post #549725 Sun Feb 25 2018 9:32pm
james5599

United Kingdom 

I have a few of those problems - the traffic updates never worked , the odd side step fault, definite Bluetooth issues and odd behaviour from the screen. Sad 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #549726 Sun Feb 25 2018 9:45pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

James does your WiFi hotspot work?

Post #549727 Sun Feb 25 2018 9:49pm
james5599

United Kingdom 

Good question - I shall try tomorrow - I get the 3G symbol although sometimes it can be slow to get a signal! 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #549732 Sun Feb 25 2018 10:05pm
leobalou

United Kingdom 

MY18 Hotspot works well, as does traffic updates. Bluetooth a little temperamental but now usable. Clearly different tech to MY17 though.

Post #549733 Sun Feb 25 2018 10:08pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

If your getting the 3G symbol your doing better than me, all I get is a line at 45 degrees through a capital G, when you check the settings it just says reading SIM card for ever, replaced sim, new card reader fitted by LR, they told me it’s was software 2 months ago, fix out every 2 weeks since but every time it’s booked in they cancel & tell me it’s not right for my car’s issues, I’m rejecting it this week just waiting on the dealer giving me a replacement offer on a comparable my18, if that’s not right I’ll be handing back for a refund, sick of messing about with them, when it played up in week 1 I shod have just walked away then, one thing for sure I will be the next time!

Post #549734 Sun Feb 25 2018 10:13pm
100inch

Australia 

Hello RRS community. I thought I quickly post some pics of my wife's 18 SDV6 HSE D in Carpathian. No hick-ups so far after 2 months apart from 2 minor trim issues. All screens working and connecting phone via Bluetooth is immediate once stepping into the car. m

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #557434 Sat May 26 2018 12:47am
syl

United Kingdom 

m13lky wrote:
If your getting the 3G symbol your doing better than me, all I get is a line at 45 degrees through a capital G, when you check the settings it just says reading SIM card for ever, replaced sim, new card reader fitted by LR, they told me it’s was software 2 months ago, fix out every 2 weeks since but every time it’s booked in they cancel & tell me it’s not right for my car’s issues, I’m rejecting it this week just waiting on the dealer giving me a replacement offer on a comparable my18, if that’s not right I’ll be handing back for a refund, sick of messing about with them, when it played up in week 1 I shod have just walked away then, one thing for sure I will be the next time!

Had the same problem with mine when I got it back from the dealer after a bit of work, during which time they updated the software. Whilst it was away, the InControl Secure thing went off several times, each time I was called by the security people. The App stopped working (saying my car was stolen) for a few days, and when it came back on it reported the car in the wrong place and wouldn't talk to it.

When I got the car back, this continued and also the SIM card wouldn't get recognised like yours (G with a line through it). No matter how often I tried* to get it to read it, it either failed constantly reading the SIM or it defaulted to Vodafone after half a second, so obviously hadn't read it, when I am on EE (so it didn't work). I have a second RR so I swapped SIM cards with no effect. After a couple of days of inactivity (it was going to go back), the App started working and at the same time, the SIM card suddenly popped into life.

So a problem with reading the user supplied SIM card could be down to the onboard SIM or the InControl Secure system.

* Actually, it did work exactly once in two days, strangely at the exact time I was on the phone to InControl Secure telling them they could contact me for any future alerts as they had temporarily cancelled it due to multiple incorrect activations. Thereafter the app told me the car was last contacted at that time and the engine was still running - but it believed it was parked at the dealers not on my drive. Something was communicating correctly though as the route planner app knew exactly where the car was parked at all times. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #557447 Sat May 26 2018 8:47am
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

100inch wrote:
Hello RRS community. I thought I quickly post some pics of my wife's 18 SDV6 HSE D in Carpathian. No hick-ups so far after 2 months apart from 2 minor trim issues. All screens working and connecting phone via Bluetooth is immediate once stepping into the car. m
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Looks absolutely stunning that colour, same as mine but the shine on your one really makes it stand out!

Got mine treated with GTechniq yesterday and collect today so hopefully be similar.

Post #557470 Sat May 26 2018 1:29pm
100inch

Australia 

Thank you for the kind comment. To me Carpathian actually looks the best on cloudy days and not bright sunlight. Oh and yes I am sure you will not regret the coating. m

Post #557503 Sun May 27 2018 12:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456