RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Warning Guy Salmon Bristol NEGLECT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

jenko2005

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver
Warning Guy Salmon Bristol NEGLECT

They had my vehicle for a month with the ongoing issues in a previous thread however when I purchased my car in Nov 2016 I had the car professionally valeted at £1000, when ever it goes into any dealership I put a sign in from the valeter no to wash

Ian Service manager telephone me on the 22/05/18 asking could he wash the vehicle as they are having building works for 1 day and they have issues with bird droppings

Simon Crane Head of Business informs me they are not going to pay for a rectification Valet as there was a sign saying don't wash and the dust wash from rain in Bristol the night previous

[img][/img]

Post #557252 Thu May 24 2018 7:49am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I don’t see that the garage hosing it down gently without pressure washing it would harm the paint finish, but they mustn’t use anything other than a gently running hose - no cloths, no snow foam, no brushes , just running fresh water. They are rightly concerned that even with paint protection the bird droppings will damage the coating, pure fresh water to soften and then wash off the dropping can not harm the coating surely. It is time consuming but I did my car last night with the garden hose just to wash off the droppings from the crows that live in thetrees at the end on my garden and my drive is right under their flight path. I also paid a lot to have a G Technique treatment applied to the car in October last year so didn’t want that damaged - I take the car back to the detailers very 2-3 weeks to their car wash bay and they attack it with the same gusto and pressure washers as the local Land Rover Dealers prepping team............ just that the detailers use more cloths and lots and lots of water to wash the car 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #557254 Thu May 24 2018 8:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
scarey

fair play to the dealer asking if they can wash off the bird droppings and building work dust..

Post #557255 Thu May 24 2018 8:27am
james5599

United Kingdom 

So you didn’t want it washed but now you’re claiming neglect because they didn’t wash it?!

Unless I m missing something how does that add up?! 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #557257 Thu May 24 2018 8:43am
PEACHY

England 

The bird Censored looks baked on to me - was it the case the Sport was like that for days before & then the dealer realised it was due for collection the next day ?
Jenko - was the offer to rinse it off made again on collection ? Do these people realise the reputation of the brand is at stake & therefore peoples jobs may well be effected - yet again I suppose they don`t give a Censored 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #557258 Thu May 24 2018 8:46am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lindab

United Kingdom 

There is no problem using a pressure washer as long as they are not using a sponge & chamois. Looking at the state of that car I would be asking them to wash it. If they have had it for a month I would ask them to keep it clean. I have Gtechniq on my car & is washed weekly with snowfoam & microfibre cloths. If your that concerned give them some of whatever you use to clean the car
I don't think this is neglect if the dealership has asked to wash it. They could have just left it as is, then you would be moaning if the bird droppings had damaged the paintwork. Think the dealership should be commended in this instance

Post #557260 Thu May 24 2018 8:47am
jenko2005

they asked the day before I collected it, what im saying is why didn't they inform me of the bird soiling issues and building works sooner I could of advised accordingly

Post #557264 Thu May 24 2018 9:25am
jenko2005

PEACHY wrote:
The bird Censored looks baked on to me - was it the case the Sport was like that for days before & then the dealer realised it was due for collection the next day ?
Jenko - was the offer to rinse it off made again on collection ? Do these people realise the reputation of the brand is at stake & therefore peoples jobs may well be effected - yet again I suppose they don`t give a Censored

Hi Peachy

at the dealership yesterday on collection I rinsed the vehicle took me about an hour on advice from the valeter who put the Geyon protection system on, there is bird dropping marks where the bird crap has been sitting for day's maybe weeks mate

Post #557265 Thu May 24 2018 9:28am
scarey

jenko2005 wrote:
they asked the day before I collected it, what im saying is why didn't they inform me of the bird soiling issues and building works sooner I could of advised accordingly

i very much doubt they have a 'bird poo patrol' to inspect cars daily .... i think you're asking to much.

Post #557279 Thu May 24 2018 2:27pm
Cymruambyth

Wales 

What a thread Rolling Eyes Steve.

Post #557285 Thu May 24 2018 3:50pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Don’t wash my car sign in it, then complain about it

Make you look like an Censored

Post #557287 Thu May 24 2018 3:59pm
d-9

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I don't understand. Are you mad because they didn't wash your car, or because they asked you to when it got dirty?

Post #557319 Thu May 24 2018 10:11pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Have I read this wrong?, they followed your instructions Rolling Eyes

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #557331 Fri May 25 2018 6:22am
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Re: Warning Guy Salmon Bristol NEGLECT

[quote="jenko2005"]

You told them not to wash it ! For probably the only time ever you've united the majority of posters in sympathy for a dealer. I don't blame them for telling you to Censored off for asking for a valet.

Post #557337 Fri May 25 2018 7:36am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

You ask/put sign in car not to wash it,,,then complain its mucky when you pick it up Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter .I also put a sign in my vehicles when it goes into dealers but I don't coplain when it comes out mucky as I always wash my own vehicles with the proper method.
Also power washing a vehicle with a coating on it wont harm it as long as they don't go near the paintwork with sponges ect.
Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White