22%
 22%  [2]
Total Votes: 9

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567

IRBails

Australia 

rdrw wrote:
I've been reading these posts with a sense of dread. I ordered by P400e HSE Dynamic on 21 October 17, the latest news I've got on a delivery date is end of June... I'm already a little worried about the fact the hybrid/electric is new technology for JLR, all the other gremlins in this thread are alarming to hear about. I sincerely hope the cars rolling down the production line now have resolved some of these problems.

Incidentally, in January 18 I changed my order to a 3L petrol (it went in as a new order and the P400e was left live in the order system for the dealer to have) but I was told this week that the 3L petrol is being discontinued and will never be built. So my choice now is the original P400e in a few week's time, or back to square one...!

Don't worry it is only with all things electrical that Range Rover fails. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #556679 Wed May 16 2018 10:27pm
Chickenrun

Germany 

Hi all,

I haven’t been updating as I was waiting for the ‘magic’ software update.

This has now been applied and tadahhh: all things are as bad as before.

Left touchpanel at steering wheel still sluggish - comment from head of sales - well that’s the same with all of them... wth?

Connecting mobile via cable caused total mayhem - displays froze, new track started playing that wasn’t playing before, touchpanel on steering wheel not responding - at all...

This morning software had changed language from German to English again.

I am now going down steps for rejecting the car - very unfortunate this is but the system is so unstable that it is a major distraction whilst driving than being helpful.

Byw - heard RRS has two hardware suppliers - Panasonic and a Chinese one. Apparently yhe Panasonic hardware works without a flaw, ie Japanese tech works and the Chinese - well you can guess. Replacing the Chinese hardware would mean a major repair that the dealers don’t want to bear. Anybody heard similar?

Post #556721 Thu May 17 2018 5:19pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

That figures seeing as all the Chinese market cars are built in China and have to have a minimum local content - Chinese market cars are supposedly not sold into any other market than China. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #556723 Thu May 17 2018 5:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Chickenrun wrote:
Hi all,

I haven’t been updating as I was waiting for the ‘magic’ software update.

This has now been applied and tadahhh: all things are as bad as before.

Left touchpanel at steering wheel still sluggish - comment from head of sales - well that’s the same with all of them... wth?

Connecting mobile via cable caused total mayhem - displays froze, new track started playing that wasn’t playing before, touchpanel on steering wheel not responding - at all...

This morning software had changed language from German to English again.

I am now going down steps for rejecting the car - very unfortunate this is but the system is so unstable that it is a major distraction whilst driving than being helpful.

Byw - heard RRS has two hardware suppliers - Panasonic and a Chinese one. Apparently yhe Panasonic hardware works without a flaw, ie Japanese tech works and the Chinese - well you can guess. Replacing the Chinese hardware would mean a major repair that the dealers don’t want to bear. Anybody heard similar?

Really sorry to hear about your issues, I thought the LH side steering wheel controls were a little sluggish but to be honest just put this down to normal JLR infotainment gremlins as it's nothing new.

As a matter of interest what is the procedure / process for rejecting a new car? Hopefully I don't need to do that but heard it come up a few times on this forum sadly so good to know in case mine goes south ...

Post #556750 Thu May 17 2018 9:38pm
tally

United Kingdom 

rdrw wrote:
I've been reading these posts with a sense of dread. I ordered by P400e HSE Dynamic on 21 October 17, the latest news I've got on a delivery date is end of June... I'm already a little worried about the fact the hybrid/electric is new technology for JLR, all the other gremlins in this thread are alarming to hear about. I sincerely hope the cars rolling down the production line now have resolved some of these problems.

Incidentally, in January 18 I changed my order to a 3L petrol (it went in as a new order and the P400e was left live in the order system for the dealer to have) but I was told this week that the 3L petrol is being discontinued and will never be built. So my choice now is the original P400e in a few week's time, or back to square one...!

strange. i ordered a 3L petrol in february. it's being built as we speak and expected delivery is mid/late June.

Post #557201 Wed May 23 2018 1:15am
rdrw

United Kingdom 

Tally - strange indeed! Would you mind messaging me about which dealer your order went through? I've been dealing with Lookers Battersea and to say they haven't been pro-active over the last 7 months would be a huge understatement! (Sorry this is only my second post so it won't let me send you a pm yet!)

Thanks
Richard

Post #557209 Wed May 23 2018 9:52am
james5599

United Kingdom 

Lookers Battersea - what a shower .......And I say that having dealt with them a few times and living basically next door.

Rolling Eyes 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #557214 Wed May 23 2018 11:51am
tally

United Kingdom 

rdrw wrote:
Tally - strange indeed! Would you mind messaging me about which dealer your order went through? I've been dealing with Lookers Battersea and to say they haven't been pro-active over the last 7 months would be a huge understatement! (Sorry this is only my second post so it won't let me send you a pm yet!)

Thanks
Richard

rockar - london westfield.
so far everything has gone very smoothly...hopefully it stays that way.

Post #557238 Thu May 24 2018 12:54am
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Quote:
rockar - london westfield.
so far everything has gone very smoothly...hopefully it stays that way.

That's who I used for my purchase. Very friendly and professional, two minor issues being dealt with.

Post #557267 Thu May 24 2018 11:16am
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Rockar for my replacement too - So far couple of minor blips but by far the best experience I have had so far.

Post #557274 Thu May 24 2018 1:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567