RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Collection or Delivery?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Bensrrsport

United Kingdom 
Collection or Delivery?

I am buying a MY15.5 RRS AB from Landrover Rybrook Conwy with 29k miles. I have seen a few video's and the inspection report and the car appears to be in great condition. The dealer has offered to deliver the car (250 miles) next Tuesday and will send me a detailed video of the fully valeted car beforehand. I typically wouldn't buy a 2nd hand car without seeing or test driving it in person, although the dealer has committed that the car will be in mint condition.

I do feel slightly nervous about buying a second-hand car in this way. If they deliver the car they will put a full tank of fuel in when it arrives and also have the car jet washed at a place of my choice, so I can inspect the car properly (on the basis it isn't raining). If I collect it they will give me £100 to cover the train ticket. What do you think - am I crazy not seeing/driving the car before I buy it or should I save my time and let them deliver the car to me?

Cheers

Post #557158 Tue May 22 2018 3:52pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Take their £100 rail offer and take your time to inspect the car at their premises (much easier to deal directly with them on their ground, in person, than by email/ phone and having to prove “it was perfect when it left here” claims, also you will be able to rest assured that your new car hasn’t been hammered down the motorway to get it to you...........
If they were offering to deliver it in a covered transporter or on a flatbed then that would be better but you still have your word against theirs as to the condition it left their showroom in. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #557161 Tue May 22 2018 4:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Darbs

United Kingdom 
Re: Collection or Delivery?

[quote="Bensrrsport"]I am buying a MY15.5 RRS AB from Landrover Rybrook Conwy with 29k miles. I have seen a few video's and the inspection report and the car appears to be in great condition. The dealer has offered to deliver the car (250 miles) next Tuesday and will send me a detailed video of the fully valeted car beforehand. I typically wouldn't buy a 2nd hand car without seeing or test driving it in person, although the dealer has committed that the car will be in mint condition.

I do feel slightly nervous about buying a second-hand car in this way. If they deliver the car they will put a full tank of fuel in when it arrives and also have the car jet washed at a place of my choice, so I can inspect the car properly (on the basis it isn't raining). If I collect it they will give me £100 to cover the train ticket. What do you think - am I crazy not seeing/driving the car before I buy it or should I save my time and let them deliver the car to me?

Cheers[

Go and collect, bought one from them and had to have a couple of things sorted. Had great service of them but better to sort with them there and then. Hope you enjoy it 👍

Post #557172 Tue May 22 2018 6:34pm
Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I purchased my 2010 RRS via the internet from a dealer as I live in France and wanted to buy an english car. I had the same concerns as you did and ask loads of questions, looked at loads of pics and went to collect it on the say so that if it wasn't as described then I get my deposit back and walk away. I really did wonder if it was the right thing to do at times but I have been delighted with the car.

Even though you don't have a 'test drive' you still have dealer back up for any issues and I did all my correspondence in writing so I could revert to that if there were any queries or disputed points.

I would be tempted to pick it up and have a good look round and take your time whilst you are there. You then have the sales person to speak to about any concerns there and then as opposed to the delivery guy who will just confirm any points raised but will be unable to help you and you then have to go to the dealers anyway to return the car, unless the car is THAT bad you send the car and the driver back with his tail between his legs....but I think that will be unlikely.

Good luck whatever you decide. Thumbs Up Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #557174 Tue May 22 2018 6:43pm
naks

South Africa 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

You're debating a 250 mile trip to see a car? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I'm buying one that's 1600 km away, will be flying there and then driving it back home. Thumbs Up --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Last edited by naks on Wed May 23 2018 7:36am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #557176 Tue May 22 2018 7:02pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Have you not been to the dealership at all? Not to sign papers or anything? If so I would get them to deliver as the distance selling regs kick in and you will have MUCH more comeback if the car is not right for you! Have it delivered Thumbs Up

Post #557183 Tue May 22 2018 8:43pm
Bensrrsport

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all your advice.. interesting re. distance selling regs. I haven't been to the dealership at all. I'm not sure what extra rights this gives me though.

Post #557195 Tue May 22 2018 10:16pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Well the DSR has been replaced but in essence your rights remain the same if you have bought over the phone:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/re...egulations

Post #557197 Tue May 22 2018 10:18pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Agreed on the Go and collect - collected mine last week - albeit the poor comms and service 48 hours prior to collection, the car itself was prepared to a very high standard....but some annoying issues spotted on collection which will be rectified this weekend - the most annoying was the tyres....all 4 replaced...3 were pirellis and 1 was a continental...bonkers.....

Good luck with the collection.

Prashan

Post #557236 Wed May 23 2018 10:10pm
kmpowell

I bought mine unseen from Guiseley in Leeds. I live in South London, so a good 4-5hrs and 260 miles away. I drove up in my old car and drove the RRS back.

Always collect in person IMO, the person delivering won't be able to sort any issues you may have, and getting the car back will be a PITA. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #557247 Thu May 24 2018 8:18am
Bensrrsport

United Kingdom 

Thank you for all the advice guys. I am going to collect the car on Tuesday. They sent a good video earlier.
Direct Link: https://video.citnow.com/vtYtBR1LTk9

Post #557315 Thu May 24 2018 10:05pm
Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Looks really good and a very detailed video which bodes well. Good luck and enjoy Thumbs Up Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #557317 Thu May 24 2018 10:39pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Looks lovely - carpet mats looked missing...having ordered rubber mats, my dealer forgot to leave the carpet mats in my car last weekend on collection - another trip back this weekend.

Good luck with the collection
Prashan

Post #557326 Fri May 25 2018 12:07am
sweetafton

England 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Looks fantastic. If the front bumper was painted why was there still marks on it? Thumbs Up MY11 Autobiography supercharged. Santorini Black. Monaco interior. Rear screens. Privacy.
Gone MY08 Supercharged HST. Java black. Ivory premium interior. Rear screens. Privacy. Missed a lot.
Gone MY04 Discovery V8 Petrol ES Premium. Awesome.

Post #557336 Fri May 25 2018 8:30am
Bensrrsport

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys. I will make sure they include the matts and check re. the bumper - really excited now!

Anything else you would recommend I double check when I pick the car up?

Post #557445 Sat May 26 2018 8:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>