RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Stainless braided brake lines
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Stainless braided brake lines

As above anyone know If these are available in a full kit, anyone on here fitted them Question 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #556616 Wed May 16 2018 1:07pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

All this is just my opinion of course but don't do it for the following reasons:

Manufacturers of these after market items peddle the myth that the braided lines expand less under pressure and give you a firmer pedal and hence better braking. A miniscule difference noticeable on a track perhaps under extreme conditions but in the real world - nah! Let's face it the RRS is no track day weapon is it?

Most of the products on offer may have stainless braided bits but the end fittings are just galvanised steel and will rust just like the OE parts.

Many of these parts don't actually fit - owing to changes introduced in different manufacturing years. I've even seen examples on a Porsche where the braided hoses were too short and were stretching when the steering was on full lock.

When working on brakes it is sometimes useful to clamp off the hoses but with braided steels you can't do this.

The braided hoses are primarily intended to look good - and they do on a some cars where the hoses are in clear view. On the RRS you can't see the hoses unless you get underneath it or take a wheel off.

Often the braided hoses are less expensive but in the case of the RRS I've found the OE hoses are quite affordable even by JLR standards - if you buy them from motor factors like Advanced Factors for example. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #556621 Wed May 16 2018 2:24pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Hi Paddi,

Thanks for your reply.

My reasons for fitting are not for track days! Rolling with laughter I regularly use my Sport in a variety of terrain offroad in the UK and Europe and these would be less susceptible to rock damage and getting torn or ripped should the worst happen, therefore I would like to address this to make sure it’s never an issue.

I would only use a premium quality kit with PTFE inners and 303/304 stainless end fittings that run the same routings as the OEM originals.

I don’t care what they look like, as it isn’t my aim for aesthetics but I don’t want to fit a set, to then see them all corroded further down the line so fit and forget is what I’m after. Goodrich or Hel performance is what I’m after however neither list hence my original question.

Many thanks Thumbs Up

Buckster 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #556631 Wed May 16 2018 3:13pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Never found a set that fits to my satisfaction...

Post #556649 Wed May 16 2018 5:40pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

my Jag with brembos came fitted with them from the factory.

A nice touch.

Apart from suspension bushes, not a lot of rubber under the Jag thankfully.

Post #556664 Wed May 16 2018 7:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1