RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Keyless Entry
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Lindab

United Kingdom 
Keyless Entry

I read an article in Saturday's Mail about cars with keyless entry being easy to steal with equipment readily available on the internet. Here is a paragraph from that article
"Range Rovers were quietly fitted with new technology to prevent keyless car theft last month but its makers didn't publicise it to avoid acknowledging that older models were at risk"
This means that unless you have picked up your new car in the last week, its at risk so wrap your keys in tinfoil, use a Faraday cover or as one BMW owner in tat article was told after the event by his dealer, "we were not allowed to tell customers of this problem but leaving it in the microwave is a good idea"
All new owners may think about rejecting their cars as they are easy to steal Big Cry

Post #555678 Thu May 03 2018 3:39pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Must need some size of microwave to get a car inside it....... Rolling with laughter
When mine was in for service and MOT last week the dealership wanted it for two days because there was a big update to do overnight with it plugged into the update system so I wonder if I got a security system upgrade too? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #555681 Thu May 03 2018 4:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I posted about this last week here:- http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic50841.html 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #555687 Thu May 03 2018 4:23pm
Farmer Chalk

Don’t expect that software update will give you the latest security... it will probably be the earlier software update which prevents additional keys being learnt to the vehicle via the OBD....JLR were locking out all the additional key slots in the vehicles keyless vehicle module.

So don’t lose your keys! Very Happy .

JLR are currently the most advanced keyless systems on the new MY18 platform... and top recognition needs to go out to them!

Post #555705 Thu May 03 2018 8:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1