RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Gvif, Reverse Camera & TV Tuner Install
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

TMUNRO87

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

no rattles and all trim removed without tools, the power for the gvif i took from the centre console 12v cigarette port by fishing a wire down the console, the reverse camera i also took from the boots 12v cigarette port, reverse is indeed triggered by the rear clusters reverse light, to do that remove the rear cluster feed a wire through into the car and fish it out behind the trim that holds the boots 12v cigarette port. Black Range Rover Sport Supercharged 2005 with exterior overfinch bodykit
Mods:
Gvif/freeview tv/ reverse camera/led headlight and tail light conversion

Post #425374 Tue May 27 2014 12:16pm
JMJ

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Stornoway Grey

Unfortunatley I've still not got mine working. When everythings connected the green light on interface module comes on and the sat nav map goes off to a black screen but I can't get any picture from camera on there.

Post #427009 Thu Jun 12 2014 9:29pm
TMUNRO87

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Sent you a pm Black Range Rover Sport Supercharged 2005 with exterior overfinch bodykit
Mods:
Gvif/freeview tv/ reverse camera/led headlight and tail light conversion

Post #427054 Fri Jun 13 2014 9:30am
jamie8579

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

what gvif did you use please

Post #488988 Fri Feb 26 2016 4:59am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

https://www.hids4u.co.uk/Land-Rover-Discov...creen.html

Out of stock until the end of March Big Cry Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #489000 Fri Feb 26 2016 9:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mikejhonny24

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Java Black
Re: Gvif, Reverse Camera & TV Tuner Install

TMUNRO87 wrote:
Hey so ive managed to install the gvif and tv tuner. Both units are under my passenger seat, the gvif just fits beside the sat nav dvd unit and the tv tuner is further back on a bracket just out of sight but so the usb is accessible.

Power: Wired a cable into the centre console and took power from the back of the cigerette lighter and also fitted an inline fuse, Did originally take power from the harmon amp but after realised the unit was still live after complete shut down of car. Under seat I have wired a plug connector where feeds for the gvif, tv tuner and both tv aerials are supplied.

IR's and switch: The Tv tuner ir has been run along the side of the centre console just under the plastics on the passenger side, behind the glove box and neatly comes out beside the air vent on the passenger side rubber mat area. The gvif has run under the centre console onto the driver side along the same route as tv tuner although opposite side and the ir sensor is hidden out of view but works if remote pointed at floor, this ir will hardly be used so i wanted it discreetly placed, the tv tuner is in an more open area as it is easily to point at and passenger can use too. Switch is run along exactly same route as gvif ir but runs higher up to just above the knee.

Aerials/ Antennas: ok so these were awkward to position in a strong signal area of the car especially at the back due to having dark tints. At first i was unaware these had to be on the windows to work effectively so i put them in the headlining and only got bbc channels. Now one is in the top left corner of my windscreen and the other is low down on the rear window, i did also try going either side on the rear quarter windows but this proved a bad signal area too. to get to these points i took the trim off between the drivers and passengers door ran my cables up and along into the headlining the where ever i wanted to go.

Gvif settings: Ok so most the tabs just activate or deactivate different video feeds. the two tabs second from the end need to be positioned up for the gvif to display a clear picture, i knocked these tabs and had the image dancing around the screen for a while.

Audio: I plan to run an audio cable coming off the back off the auxiliary port but have no experience in audio cables and soldering so currently i have just ran my audio cable to the normal port on the centre console.

Got a few pics of the install and will take some more tomorrow. Waiting the the reverse camera to turn up if anyone has done this please give me some pointers on how the tackle the boot and route you used to run cables Smile

Post #555650 Thu May 03 2018 12:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12