Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Motoreasy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

TPS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Motoreasy

Hi
Has anyone any experience with MotorEasy Warrantee?

It’s that time of year again and my Warrantee is up for renewal. Currently my RRS is covered by Sytner Warrantee (car care plan) and they have been reliable and paid out when needed. I have noticed though that they don’t cover wear and tear (except on mot fails) and ad the car is now 6 years old this could be a concern.
Warranty wise have offered full cover including wear for about 60% of the cost but I worry that may not be as good to pay out and that this might be a new contract offer and I would be trapped with higher prices next year and no way back to the old scheme.

Thanks -----------------------------------------------
RRS SDV6 HSE MY2012 Orkney grey, Oxford leather Ivory seats Ebony carpet, Anigre wood trim, enhanced design pack.

Post #555568 Wed May 02 2018 9:41am
Bill Portland

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

1st question i'd ask is "do they cover the broken crank issue?" Merc C220 estate Sport AMG
Merc C220 estate Sport AMG 125 year edition
Alfa GT
Rover 76 V6

Post #555586 Wed May 02 2018 12:20pm
TPS

Seems to suggest it would. -----------------------------------------------
RRS SDV6 HSE MY2012 Orkney grey, Oxford leather Ivory seats Ebony carpet, Anigre wood trim, enhanced design pack.

Post #555590 Wed May 02 2018 12:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Is there any insurance policy that covers “wear and tear” - I thought normally that was a specific exclusion in most policies? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #555592 Wed May 02 2018 2:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TPS

The wear and tear cover applies to specifically included components and only comes into play if a component fails. If the cause of failure is normal wear and tear then they still cover it. They won’t cover the replacement of warn parts that have not failed unless they cause mot failure. -----------------------------------------------

Post #555594 Wed May 02 2018 2:59pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

The main clause in any warranty after wear and tear is consequential damage. Make sure the policy covers this. Thumbs Up

Post #555595 Wed May 02 2018 3:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Buster007

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Did you go for this warranty? I'm looking in to taking one out myself and wondered how you got on, how much you are paying for what level of cover? Cheers Laurence.

Post #572408 Fri Jan 04 2019 7:47pm
TPS

In the end I stayed with the Sytner Warrantee which is provided by car care plan. I believe they also provided the JLR dealer Warrantee. They kept the price the same and I’ve never had any issues when I needed to claim. -----------------------------------------------

Post #572410 Fri Jan 04 2019 7:58pm
MAC

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I would strongly advise against any JLR or Car Care extended warranty. They found every excuse to avoid paying for an exhaust cross over pipe failure on my daughters car. This pipe is part of the manifold system and is prior to the turbos. Initially they cited it as part of the exhaust system but when it was pointed out to them the function of the pipe they then cited wear and tear. The dealer provided no support whatsoever.

Post #572415 Fri Jan 04 2019 8:30pm
TPS

And there in lies the problem with all the Warrantee products. For every provider I can find glowing reports and others that warn against having anything to do with them. An area in which regulation probably should be increased.
So far, touch wood, I’ve found car care plan to be no trouble even paying out for the turbo drain mod when it was needed.
To be honest though I think my next one will be leased on a full maintenance contract to avoid the worry. -----------------------------------------------

Post #572421 Fri Jan 04 2019 9:05pm
OvalAutos

United Kingdom 

Bill Portland wrote:
1st question i'd ask is "do they cover the broken crank issue?"

As a repair centre for Motoreasy (Motorangel), I can confirm that they do indeed cover a snapped crank. We've done quite a few engines for them and they don't argue about the cost or cause. Joe

Post #572445 Sat Jan 05 2019 10:36am
OvalAutos

United Kingdom 

I should also mention that they pay us direct. Normally the warranty client pays the garage and have to claim it back from the warranty company. So no out of pocket to you. Joe

Post #572446 Sat Jan 05 2019 10:38am
Stand Easy

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thought Id resurrect this topic, as I'm picking up my 2010, 1 owner, 71k, 3.0 over the weekend I wanted to get a good warranty sorted. The retailer of the car supplies a 6 month warranty but with a limit of £500 per claim Rolling with laughter clearly wont go far if something serious happens.
Having looked at Warranty Direct and Warranty wise I went with Motoreasy, their B plan which is fairly extensive in it's cover, including wear n tear and they cover the crank shaft Thumbs Up
The salesman said due to the very limited warranty coming with the car, I could set up the ME one to run alongside, then should I need a small claim then use the retailer provided one, in the event of a big claim I could call on the ME one.
In the event that I don't call on the ME one within the 6 months that the other one is running then ME will start my 12 month period again at the start of month 7, they then threw another month in on top so I was very pleased with this deal.
Cost for Plan B is £799 for 12 months + 1 month, taken in 4 monthly instalments interest free. No limit per claim but a limit of £15000 during the period covered Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #583099 Wed Jun 26 2019 5:00pm
ShooterNeil

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Like the sound of that
As am waiting to pick up my new 2011 5.0 supercharged AB Friday 61 AB 5.0 supercharged rocket
07 HSE TDV8 with lots of toys EGR removed BAS remap
56 HSE WAS FULL OF PROBLEMS

Post #583113 Wed Jun 26 2019 7:54pm
Stand Easy

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I'm giving serious 2nd thoughts to my advocating a Motoreasy warranty !! Bit of a tale this but bear with me. My2010 3.0TDV6 threw up the "restricted performance" message with the red triangle on 21/12/19, with a rattle from the engine bay and a short puff of white smoke. AA couldn't diagnose it so as it was under warranty from the retailer until 31/12/19 I arranged them to take a look at it. Being xmas this didn't happen until 6/1/20 Shocked They diagnosed a failure of the N/S turbo, their warranty didn't cover turbos and they weren't prepared to foot the bill Censored

This is where I called in Motoreasy (M.E) I ensured at the point I took their warranty out that turbos were covered, I also ensured there was no "betterment" clause in my policy, basically I pay £50 towards any successful claim and nothing else. At my expense, though refundable, I had the car recovered to a garage of M.E's choosing and they confirmed a turbo failure. Their initial quote of £4k for the job Shocked was refused by M.E, they revised the price 2 times and eventually quoted £2.8k to M.E to replace the turbo including lifting the body off and all the labour costs involved. M.E's response to me given the above is that they will contribute £1820 to the job and i need to pay the remaining £980 Censored I found this incredulous given i had a claim limit to the value of the car and i only have £50 to pay towards any succesful claim Question Question I kicked off royally with M.E and demanded an explanation of this reduced funding for the repair given my policy terms, "it's all we're prepared to pay" was the resonse

They then offered a further solution, to recover the car from the garage they chose and take it to another some 2 hour drive from my home, the original garage was 10 mins away. This 2nd garage will do the job for a price M.E are happy with based on the fact they do it without removing the body. I have to accept this offer to get the job done, but I'm shocked and disgusted with how M.E have treated me over this and i want to warn others that what your warranty policy reads is basically void should they decide it is. The car is due at the 2nd garage tmrw, I've owned it 195 days, it's been off the road for 90 of them in total since purchase Big Cry Big Cry

Post #593369 Thu Jan 16 2020 1:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>