RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Engine fault and no codes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

squizzel

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost
Engine fault and no codes

Hi all, a strange thing happened today and was just wondering if anyone has had the same experience. Today I had been pottering around from shop to shop getting various jobs done, so engine was nice and warm. Parked up on a car park but front end pointing uphill, dropped the suspension, and just as I went to switch the engine off....Engine fault appeared on the dash. Car was running fine, so switched off finished shopping and went home, no faults. Put the car on the Hawkeye and no faults logged.
I had similar to this 3 months ago, but I was convinced I was at fault then. I put some injector cleaner in for a full tank (I was on 1/4), drove to the petrol station and as I went to switch off Engine fault came up. I thought it was the concentration of cleaner going through, I filled up and never saw the fault again until today. There was no faults then either, so do you recon its just one of those querky range rover things or could there be an underlying fault that isn't triggering codes.
Thanks for the input

Post #555537 Tue May 01 2018 8:20pm
harrij

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

My sport does similar, one day eng man is on, another day light is off. Some times my cheepo obdii will cancel it but not often. Car runs fine, local garages reader will always cancel it showing communication fault? Think a small piece of electrical tape over light will do the trick . Other strange things happen, won't bore you, also won't tell of wifes opinion of RRS. looking at X5s now or mobility scooters. Regs JH

Post #555566 Wed May 02 2018 9:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
squizzel

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

Its been fine all day today, no warnings. But i do have a very slight hunting while in park, around 50rpm.
Does anyone know what the correct reading is for the MAF. I am showing 16g at tick over, and 69g at 2500rpm. My D2 was around 350g at 3000rpm, but i don't know what the readings should be for the TDv6.

Post #555591 Wed May 02 2018 2:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1