RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New vs used lease or pcp
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

syl

United Kingdom 

Try buyacar - they have a decent number of RRS and many of them are from a LR dealership. Then try and get the dealership to match buyacar's finance direct. Often you'll get as good a deal on an autobiography as a HSE as although the price is higher, so if the GFV (same goes when buying new, especially if you have to add extras to the HSE).

PS - I'll bet there are some good deals currently on a new car that's been ready built, because they need to offload everything prior to the new emissions tests coming in. Keep an eye on Rockar. I found it not much different (on monthly cost) to get a new one vs one that was 12 months old. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #554878 Mon Apr 23 2018 6:44pm
hoppy_70

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

thanks, decent site that.

i've also been playing with the Magnitude finance calculator. I honestly can't figure out how GFV is worked out? Anyone got ANY idea how they come to the figure?

It obviously makes a huge difference to the monthly payments. Generally, better spec gets better values but you can put two reg numbers in of very similarly specced cars of the same age and mileage and the GFV can be poles apart?

It would be nice to know how they figure it so that I could target cars with a high GFV to look at.

Payments starting to look much better now though and I'm on the verge of making a decision! (once i've got rid of my 335!) Range Rover Sport HSE DYnamic SDV6 Velocity blue 2020 MY
Range Rover sport HSE Dynamic P400e Silver
Range Rover Sport 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic 2016 MY
Range Rover sport 3.6tdv8HSE 2007 Gone
Range Rover sport 2.7tdv6SE 2005 Gone
Range Rover sport 2.7tdv6SE 2007 honey
Range rover Vogue 2005 4.4 - GONE and missed
BMW 535d M sport 2006 - GONE not as missed
BMW X5 4.4 2004 sport - GONE

Post #555398 Sun Apr 29 2018 7:25pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

GFV for a new vehicle is based on that of the performance of an older one. For example how much has a 2015 Black on Black RRS Autobiography with average mileage depreciated over three years and do we think a similar 2018 car will perform much the same. If its a new model it may depreciate a little less, if its a run-out model it will probably depreciate at a higher rate. I don't think there's any magic to it just the comparison of statistical data with an allowance for today's market environment. Different finance companies will use varying models and so come up with alternative GFV numbers.
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #555401 Sun Apr 29 2018 8:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123