RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Newbie - just bought my first 2015 RRS Diesel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 
Newbie - just bought my first 2015 RRS Diesel

Newbie - just bought my first RRS from Stratstone Aylesbury - great dealer experience compared to my local dealers in Hertfordshire...had my heart set on one of the greys but the Barolo Black 65 plate with 16k miles, TV, Rear Entertainment, etc was too good a spec to turn down.

Car wasn't prepped, so lets hope the dealer (who says the car is machine polished) as part of the prep, cleans it up well.

Looking forward to learning more about the car - one of the items I've asked for is a history of all the breakdowns and warranty - code descriptions, etc

Best wishes
Prashan

Post #555315 Sun Apr 29 2018 10:55am
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Congrats and let's hope it gives you many miles of trouble-free driving!

These are fantastic vehicles to own and drive, not sure what you had beforehand but hopefully you'll not look back...

Post #555323 Sun Apr 29 2018 12:05pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the warm welcome - wife had a BMW X3 - surprisingly reliable after all the bad reviews I'd seen on these US built cars...I guess in reading this forum, people have had mixed experiences on the RRS - I'm keeping an open mind and really looking forward to ownership and getting support from all of you from this excellent forum.

Prashan

Post #555356 Sun Apr 29 2018 3:47pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

RRS L494 is a fantastic car in any engine or spec level, much under-rated and slagged off by people who work on hearsay with regard to reliability. The previous L320 versions were also great especially the 2010MY on facelift cars with the 3.0 diesels and the 3.6TDV8 diesels. Like all marques there are cars that have problems but I have been very lucky - out of 11 Lnd Rovers including 3 RRS’s I have only have one that was less than perfect - a 2014 Evoque. I’ve just returned from a day driving across the Scottish hills on private shooting tracks in climatecontrolled, air suspended luxury on rough muddy tracks in a car riding on 22” wheels and summer tread tyres and had a breeze, drive off the hills straight onto the motorway after a brilliant day out for a fast and smooth drive home. Don’t try that in any X3,X5, Q5,Q7, or any G or M class Mercedes as they won’t get passed the farm gate. Toureg or a cayenne or a Cherokee would cope as well if you have the right models. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #555361 Sun Apr 29 2018 5:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 
Thanks

Cheers Tim - great to hear

Post #555367 Sun Apr 29 2018 5:53pm
Mani

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Congrats Pal hope you have many years of enjoyment
Thumbs Up Rolling Eyes Whistle

why don't you put up a few photos so we can all admire it

Mani G MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #555375 Sun Apr 29 2018 6:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Canary

England 

Nice one hope you enjoy it, and also welcome Thumbs Up MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #555388 Sun Apr 29 2018 7:51pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Mani wrote:
Congrats Pal hope you have many years of enjoyment
Thumbs Up Rolling Eyes Whistle

why don't you put up a few photos so we can all admire it

Mani G

Thanks buddy - will do when I collect in a couple of weeks - car wasn’t prepped when I put a deposit down yesterday.

Post #555392 Sun Apr 29 2018 7:58pm
Mani

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thumbs Up MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #555397 Sun Apr 29 2018 8:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1