RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Pano Sunroof - would you spec or want an RRS2 without one?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Pano Sunroof - would you spec or want an RRS2 without one?

Let me explain! Just seen an ad for a fantastic vehicle that pretty much ticks every single box however (sadly) it doesn't have the above Sad

What makes that worse is the interior has been specced ebony so it obviously looks quite dark / gloomy inside.

Got me to thinking would any of you chaps, given the choice, have one without it?

Because whether fixed or sliding it must make a noticeable difference to the light inside the cabin and I think every vehicle I've owned (maybe bar one) had a sunroof.

Post #554745 Sun Apr 22 2018 4:35pm
Red Arrow

United Kingdom 

My personal preference is without Thumbs Up
Rarely used and murder to keep clean and you see every bird poo Big Cry

Post #554746 Sun Apr 22 2018 4:51pm
Cobstar

United Kingdom 

The only cars I’ve had with sun roofs have been specced by someone else. I’ve never specced on a brand new car and it’s never been a priority when looking for a used car.

Post #554750 Sun Apr 22 2018 4:59pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Would I spec one without either fixed or sliding pano roof? No. Pano but not sliding? Probably not, although there is something nice and airy about the non-sliding one. 

Post #554752 Sun Apr 22 2018 5:06pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

Fixed Pano all the way. Completely transforms the car and makes the vehicle feel very premium. The pane of glass is enormous.

Sliding Pano however has a thick black bar down the middle and a thicker frame so the actual glass content is much lower.

Personally I think a fixed Pano is a must on a car like this. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #554755 Sun Apr 22 2018 5:35pm
kismet110

^^^

Cheers all for your replies, appreciated. Hard to gauge an option without having some real life feedback.

My inclination personally would be to have a fixed pano all things being equal exactly for the reasons of light and look although the thought of having it covered in bird droppings isn't too appealing!

I think a visit and test drive is on the cards ideally in vehicles with and without...

Post #554758 Sun Apr 22 2018 5:43pm
Darbs

United Kingdom 

Hi,I’ve had with and without. Pano roof is great and let’s lots of light in, but having the sunroof ticks all the boxes for me.
Not noticed any creaking that some people have complained of.

Post #554760 Sun Apr 22 2018 5:53pm
Bentleyboy

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

If you must have bird poo- better on the glass than the paint! 2017my RRS 2.0 SD4 HSE, Firenze red, black and panaroof

Post #554761 Sun Apr 22 2018 5:56pm
kismet110

Darbs wrote:
Hi,I’ve had with and without. Pano roof is great and let’s lots of light in, but having the sunroof ticks all the boxes for me.
Not noticed any creaking that some people have complained of.

Cheers for that, good to know! I am thinking the creaking is peculiar to the sliding ones rather than fixed?

Quote:

If you must have bird poo - better on the glass than the paint!

Very true - out of sight out of mind in this instance is a bad thing Smile

Post #554769 Sun Apr 22 2018 6:51pm
espaceboy

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Autobiography Adriatic Blue

my instructor on the Landy experience day was very clear, Since the intro of full glass roofs he hasn't had to wash out passenger barf from the interiors. Mr. Green

Post #554782 Sun Apr 22 2018 8:53pm
syl

United Kingdom 

l've got the standard sliding roof on my AB although if I was speccing a new one up now, I'd probably go with a fixed pano roof.

To be fair, the vast majority of the time I have the blind closed anyway, so it wouldn't put me off too much to be without one. And I have a fully ebony interior. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #554792 Sun Apr 22 2018 9:53pm

United Kingdom 

Would not touch an RRS without the opening pano.
You cannot see the central bar from the front seats so not a problem.
Did over 70 miles with the roof open yesterday, for us its the best substitute for a full open top. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #554797 Sun Apr 22 2018 10:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Have heard that there is significant wind rustle for the version that opens whennitvis closed compared to the fixed one. I wouldn’t have an opening again as I think the air con systems today are great and who needs to have nature inside the car.
The fixed roof makes such a difference to the interior too especially if you have an all black interior like mine has. I wouldn’t say it is a must have but I wouldn’t buy a used RRS L494 without one or the other. It was even more important to have the fixed one on my 1st Evoque which was a Coupe with the Recaro seats and headlining all in jet black and it wasn’t in the least claustrophic inside with the pano roof - I had a loaner without the glass roof and it felt cramped inside despite being the same car. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Mon Apr 23 2018 12:22pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #554804 Mon Apr 23 2018 7:13am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kismet110

Cheers for the further comments all, appreciate it.

I think I will stick to my guns and buy one with a fixed pano roof ideally but failing that a sliding one.

As people have rightly stated a dark interior without some extra light can be a gloomy place and it's not like we have loads of sunshine here in the UK to offset that!

Post #554814 Mon Apr 23 2018 10:51am

United Kingdom 

There is zero wind noise from my roof when it is closed and very little noise or buffeting when open - and I don't hang about! 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #554816 Mon Apr 23 2018 11:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>