RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > DPF Again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

GregP

Australia 

being a bit flippant/facetious - you could try trading your car for the Vogue loan car... you should get a good price for your car since LR have been all over it and declared it fault free. Very Happy , and at least you know the Vogue goes ok. Then trade the Vogue loan car somewhere else for another RRS if you still want to go that way. MY15.5 SDV6 HSE Dynamic without the H . Yulong White

Post #553963 Fri Apr 13 2018 6:40am
bluestone

United Kingdom 

So the supplying dealer has been given a chance to look at my DPF issues. They have changed an O2 sensor and need to take the car on a drive to measure soot accumulation per mile. However they want their technician to use the car for a 500 mile road trip he is doing over the weekend which would save them having to do in their time. Clearly they don't need to drive the car for such a long distance to test it.

Am I being unreasonable for refusing permission for it to be taken on such a long road trip? Clearly a 50-100 mile journey should be sufficient to carry out the tests they need to do. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #554611 Thu Apr 19 2018 8:09pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

I don't know about unreasonable or not, but I'd definately be letting them take the RRS for a 500 mile trip as hopefully it'll give plenty issue's which would show how bad things are. Adding 500 miles is nothing if it means you get the RRS sorted. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #554615 Thu Apr 19 2018 9:25pm
Cobstar

United Kingdom 

I'm with insiorc. 500 miles would hopefully generate the problems you've been having. The dealer will be responsible for ensuring the car is looked after and not damaged in their care.

Years ago I had a Honda S2000 and the wheel arch liner split soon after purchase. The dealer tried to be helpful and took one off a brand new car and fitted to my car. This split again. At which point I said they needed to road test after fitting a new one to save me doing 100 mile round trips to the supplying dealer. The dealer principal - who sold me the car - knew how precious I was about my vehicle and took it home himself. Car returned undamaged with the mileage he said he would cover from work to home and back. No further problems with the wheel arch liner either.

Post #554660 Fri Apr 20 2018 4:00pm
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

I would be taking a huge number of pictures of everything, interior as well as exterior, just in case.
You never know, the tech may do you a favour and write it off.

Post #554677 Fri Apr 20 2018 7:55pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

So 20th LR Assist call out schedule for the morning as DPF blocked after 220 miles which is actually an improvement. My "driving style" is still to blame. Letter before action sent 2 weeks ago to the dealer and LRUK. The dealer has failed to respond, and LRUK have asked me to proceed with legal action.

So finally after a few hours of prep work last night the claim form has finally been sent to the county court. It wouldn't have taken much for Land Rover to end this quite amicably and it has totally soured my 1st and last Land Rover experience.

On a positive note, emigration to the Middle East is on the cards later this year and the range of 4x4s on offer there are quite impressive. If my move goes ahead I may consider a used Lexus LX570 as my initial vehicle on arrival. It seems that a Range Rover Sport in the Middle Easts equivalent of a Nissan Qashqai.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lexus+lx...mp;bih=759 MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #556578 Wed May 16 2018 12:07am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Actually you don’t see all that many in UAE, it is FFRR S/C ( and usually white) that is commoner than a Fiat 500 there. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #556593 Wed May 16 2018 8:54am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IRBails

Australia 

Perhaps this might rock your socks !

https://www.carsguide.com.au/volkswagen/to...i--r--line

I've had very good experience with the brand. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #556680 Wed May 16 2018 10:30pm
Canary

England 

So utterly annoying the LX570 can't be obtained here, No real choice here apart from cayenne over a rrs!

Always feel hard done by when out in the UAE and seeing all the choices available to drive, and don't get me started on eateries either, why don't we have a cheese cake factory here in the UK Cool MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect πŸ‘
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect πŸ‘Œ
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect πŸ‘Œ
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect πŸ‘Œ
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #556699 Thu May 17 2018 9:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234