RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Approved Warranty Covers Heated Windscreen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey
Approved Warranty Covers Heated Windscreen

During the last cold spell I noticed half the heated windscreen wasn't working so I called the Warranty Company spoke to a very helpful chap who noted my claim and told me to book it in with a dealer for inspection. I took it to Marshall Land Rover Oxford who lent me a Jaguar for 2 days, they inspected it, found it faulty (even with a stone chip on that side) ordered a new genuine screen and had it fitted the next day. There was no charge, I collected the car which had been valeted to a good standard - well done Marshall.
It's great that they cover the windscreen when most other warranty companies don't BUT such a shame that they wont cover the the Crankshaft when it breaks.. Rolling Eyes

Post #554597 Thu Apr 19 2018 4:32pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Well they must have certainly improved since Marshall's took over Ridgeway then, as I had exactly the same issue, (there is actually a L/R TSB about this issue with MY12/13 cars). However they checked and said I needed a new windscreen as the heating element was broken and as there was a stone chip to the screen which had caused it, and as such was not covered by warranty.
They then wanted to charge me £640.00 to replace the screen, which I declined and said I will put it through insurance. I then decided to have a quick look myself and found a blown fuse issue as per the TSB. It actually cost me £1.25 to replace, and hey presto working screen and has ever since. Hence I told the service department what I thought of them and there service and never took the car there again. As you can bet your bottom dollar if I had them replace the screen, and they then discovered the blown fuse they would certainly not have told me and still have charged me £640.00 for the screen.

Cheers
Col

Post #554619 Thu Apr 19 2018 9:09pm
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

Hi Col, they have new Service Manager ex Volkswagen who really knows about customer service and has made quite a difference since his arrival.

Post #554639 Fri Apr 20 2018 7:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1