Lower Touch Screen
22%
 22%  [2]
Total Votes: 9

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>

PDC

United Kingdom 

Yes, I know what you mean, very few of us seam to report the good things about our Land Rovers of which there are loads. I've have 5 Audi's and been very pleased with them, but on the Audi forum everyone was moaning about them.
Overall Iv'e been pleased with all my Land Rover's, but that's not to say that they have not been without their problems!! I think you just need to try and enjoy your car whatever..... Thumbs Up 2010 RR 5.0 Autobiography
2020 F-Pace SV
2018 RRS HSE Dynamic 3.0
2015 Disco XXV
2011 Disco 3.0
2008 RRS HST V8

Post #554232 Sun Apr 15 2018 11:23am
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

Bentleyboy wrote:
Hi PDC took delivery of mine end January and have taken it to 2500 miles and not a thing wrong- very happy with it. That's comparing it to 6 years in a fantastic Audi A7.

I'm hooked reading the forum, don't know why because there's so much negativity. I'm sitting her waiting for something to go wrong, even when it's not being driven. Rolling with laughter very stressful.....

I absolutely love my, my17 RRS even after dealer order issues. I have had a software update and needs a new handle cover on the drivers side but that has been it. Yes granted some of the materials inside don't quite match the quality i had in my merc, But you can't fault the RRS for style and curb appeal and even in SDV6 this can shift. I will definitely move over to the my18 next year. Bentlyboy; what are your thoughts on the SD4 engine? SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #554234 Sun Apr 15 2018 12:09pm
Bentleyboy

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Marky, if I'm absolutely honest the RRS was really pushing my budget for a new car and the SD4 was the cheaper entry. I spent a little time test driving it against the 3.00 and I was very impressed. My Audi was a 3.00ltr V6 and had therefore always been used to the power.
That said, It doesn't feel under-powered. Accelerates and cruises very nicely. Apart from the single exhaust anyone would be hard pushed to tell the difference from the looks. I'm sure some of the purists will tell me it's a sin to have a 2ltr engine in a RRS but it was either the SD4 or an AudiQ7/ XC90. Neither of which came close in kerb appeal or finish, even before you got behind the wheel. Both cheaper though.
I've done a mix of motorway and local driving and it handles both well. A motorway trip at 80ish will return about 36mpg. A mixed trip of Town and local A road driving is now starting to regularly return 42mpg. Better than I'd thought would be achieved.
The other thing I found interesting was the motoring press was suggesting lower depreciation on the SD4, not sure how they would know yet. But this is backed-up by the GFV being higher on the LR PCP when compared to the 3.00. 2017my RRS 2.0 SD4 HSE, Firenze red, black and panaroof

Post #554244 Sun Apr 15 2018 1:13pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

cheers for the info Bentleyboy, I may go down this route come change over, as i doubt i will ever get the deal on a my18 as i did with my current car. but if sales slump further we may be able to grab a deal Rolling with laughter SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #554255 Sun Apr 15 2018 2:47pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

Having issues with the heated seats working intermittently now! It says they are on with the lower control panel but no heat, i think its down to software issues with the lower screen, hopefully getting it updated this week so will see if that makes a difference! 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange incoming

Post #554300 Mon Apr 16 2018 8:35am
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't posted any updates to this, it's been a bit of a rough ride!

I have now successfully rejected the car and received a full refund, luckily my partner has two cars so have been able to get around whilst fighting my corner as using the car may of impacted my claim.

How are people getting on with their cars?

Post #555336 Sun Apr 29 2018 12:44pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

Mine is sorted apparently, just got to wait for the steering wheel alignment to be done and the rear bootlid fitted correctly. Be interesting to see if the software update has solved all the issues! Hopefully will get it back Tuesday 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!

Post #555362 Sun Apr 29 2018 4:16pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

Finally received the car back yesterday and was told the software issues had been fixed due to a software update, 30 seconds down the road I realised the software glitches hadn’t been fixed! Even the heated seats still don’t work due to the panel! Then both panels went blank yesterday afternoon! Took it straight back and they said they will have to get someone from SVO to look at it, not sure why when it’s a Land Rover part! If they can’t sort the software issues I’m going to reject it!
 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!

Post #555875 Sun May 06 2018 5:53am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

FFS cant these dealers test the Censored thing? Censored

Sorry to hear Lee. Sad SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #555878 Sun May 06 2018 7:21am
lee551247

United Kingdom 

Clearly not Paul, would check yours when you collect it! Thumbs Up 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!

Post #555902 Sun May 06 2018 4:14pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Hi Lee,

I am so sorry that you are still encountering problems with your new SVR and I feel a little embarrassed that mine has been fault free and we collected ours on the same day Sad

Apart from the leather upholstery issues that LR are going to rectify under warranty, I have just clocked up 1,000 miles of trouble free motoring.

Cheers
Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #555931 Mon May 07 2018 11:56am
lee551247

United Kingdom 

Hi Jas,

You have been lucky with being fault free then, my problem with the temperature gauge was picked up at handover by myself and was told they would sort it, still not sorted so going to talk through the options as a software update is not going to fix it and the only possible fix i can see is changing the complete lower panel which I'm not going to accept for a brand new car be ripped apart as they are never put back like they are at the factory.

Anybody else still having problems with the upper and lower screens?

Thanks

Lee 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!

Post #555991 Tue May 08 2018 10:04am
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Geez Lee,

Hope you get it sorted out soon and keep me posted mate.

Cheers
Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #556028 Tue May 08 2018 6:51pm
rdrw

United Kingdom 

I've been reading these posts with a sense of dread. I ordered by P400e HSE Dynamic on 21 October 17, the latest news I've got on a delivery date is end of June... I'm already a little worried about the fact the hybrid/electric is new technology for JLR, all the other gremlins in this thread are alarming to hear about. I sincerely hope the cars rolling down the production line now have resolved some of these problems.

Incidentally, in January 18 I changed my order to a 3L petrol (it went in as a new order and the P400e was left live in the order system for the dealer to have) but I was told this week that the 3L petrol is being discontinued and will never be built. So my choice now is the original P400e in a few week's time, or back to square one...!

Post #556614 Wed May 16 2018 11:05am
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I collected my MY18 RRS SC AB Saturday, two issues I have are the wireless mobile charger not working and a missing First Aid Kit.

The latter I received an email about earlier today confirming it will be posted to me and the former I'm not madly fussed about as I have a spare USB-C lead I can plug into the console slot and stick the mobile under the lid.

Everything else (so far!) works as expected but will update if that situation changes.

Post #556628 Wed May 16 2018 2:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>