RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > My Android Entertainment System - Range Rover Sport TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

joeand

England 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver

So could I connect an iPad to this Thumbs Up

Post #383179 Wed May 15 2013 6:39pm
ecozbry

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Siberian Silver

hi, i like what you have done with your RR, am really interested in the way you did it. Can you please send me some more infor on how you did it.

thanks Thumbs Up

Post #393140 Thu Aug 29 2013 1:42pm
avilly

United States 2009 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Can you post a bit more info on the wiring?

You mention:

"The NAV TV setup. Simply plugin, no hard wiring. Plugin to the wiring loom and tap into the fibre MOST loop. 30 mins worse..."

...but how do I know where and what anything is? This seems like the best and cleanest mod I've seen for the entertainment system anywhere on the web!

thanks.

Post #394335 Sun Sep 08 2013 8:24pm
jetbags

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

ecozbry wrote:
hi, i like what you have done with your RR, am really interested in the way you did it. Can you please send me some more infor on how you did it.

thanks Thumbs Up

+1 Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I'm really interested in this also.... 2005 Rang Rover Supercharged
Loving every minute !

Post #394435 Mon Sep 09 2013 9:11pm
MBaker

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Really nice job! My RRS is definitely getting this treatment.

Can you advise which power supply you got from Maplin please?

Also, do you think it would be possible to make this setup auto switch for a reverse camera?

Cheers,

Mike.

Post #402877 Wed Nov 20 2013 3:42am
MBaker

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Anyone know if the reverse camera autoswitching is achievable with this setup?

Cheers,

Mike.

Post #404492 Sun Dec 01 2013 9:27pm
Rangeybath

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Is anyone offering a supply and fit for this unit? I am about as useful as a chocolate teapot with these sorts of things. What a great upgrade-would love to have it installed.

Kind regards

mark

Post #405671 Wed Dec 11 2013 10:04am
jamie8579

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

hi I'm new to this group I'm i really want tv and dvd in my 2008 range rover sport could you please give me any info on how its done thanks in advance

Post #488985 Fri Feb 26 2016 4:36am
jamie8579

have you managed to get this done

jetbags wrote:
ecozbry wrote:

thanks Thumbs Up

+1 Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I'm really interested in this also....

Post #488986 Fri Feb 26 2016 4:38am
jamie8579

i need this

Post #488987 Fri Feb 26 2016 4:56am
johnharte

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Zermatt Silver

Rangeybath wrote:
Is anyone offering a supply and fit for this unit? I am about as useful as a chocolate teapot with these sorts of things. What a great upgrade-would love to have it installed.

Kind regards

mark

Old Post - But is anyone doing this now?

Post #496827 Mon May 23 2016 1:48pm
Wakerz

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Help!!

TSLJon wrote:
Here is my thread on upgrading my Range Rover Sport�s in car entertainment system. I love the car, but the interface is rather lacking compared with my previous cars systems (Audi MMI and BMW iDrive to name a few�.). I really rate the standard sat nav system in these, even if it is made by Denso�.. So after a bit of thinking the best way to do this I decided not to try to replace the factory sat nav. I wanted something to play videos but most importantly music. The iPod options for the Denso sat nav are poor, the best being the NavTV option VDock, which is now discontinued and very expensive. Land Rover�s option is poor and basically emulates a cd changer from what I saw.

So looking around you can build Windows and Linux based systems but they ain�t cheap. To build one with all the car power supply I was looking at minimum �300. So I looked into adapting a tablet Android device with TV out into the car. After some research there are now Android TV devices (Simular to AppleTV) much cheaper. I found the Noontec A9 which came with IR remote, wireless USB dongle keyboard, had video and audio phono outputs�.. It was perfect. It got better as well, it took a 12V DC input into the device. Saves messing around with the power supplies! The only thing I needed to do was regulate it due to car power supplies being between 12v and 14v when the engine was running.

So the next stage was getting an input into the system. There were 3 options from what I could see:
1) A simple �10 cable that goes into the rear of the screen, and you have to go into diagnostics mode every time you wanted to view the screen.
2) GVIF Interface, around �250 ish depending where you get them from? Uses additional switches to switch to the feeds but has benefits of rear view camera auto switching. Canbus switching available but not recommended by the importer?
3) Nav TV input device. OPV-2LR. Comes with the tv in motion module and installs the TV icon onto the RR screens.

Decided to go for the NavTV input as I want to quickly switch between the navigation and the Android system. Plus I like the OEM feel to it all.
Needed a 12v Regulated power supply, Maplin won at �12. Bargain!

Biggest issue was controlling it now. The remotes were IR and I wanted to hide the Noontec unit. So I needed some sort of IR repeater. Biggest issue was most were mains powered. Luckily a company called Niche Mode do one that is USB powered. �50 delivered. Simple, plug in, cover the IR repeated on the Noontec, and reposition the new one where you want. No additional power sources.

So after a test in the car today, here is where I am at. It works, very well. Pleased is an understatement, next option is a bit more Android development to hone it a bit more. But in a nutshell, for around �500 notes, I have a decent music interface, a video interface and complete internet connectivity.

For the music I use Spotify and PlayerPro. It connects through my iPhone for internet as shown below and streams music well! Though that is a bonus.

Anyway less talking more pics:
Click image to enlarge

Main Screen with a strange background. Land Rover logo was free! Bonus!
Click image to enlarge

PlayerPro small widget music player. Album art work etc etc.
Click image to enlarge

PlayerPro full widget music player.
Click image to enlarge

PlayerPro with a different background.
Click image to enlarge

Spotify Widget
Click image to enlarge

Full Spotify program!
Click image to enlarge

Browser through 3G
Click image to enlarge

IR receiver hidden nicely.
Click image to enlarge

The NAV TV setup. Simply plugin, no hard wiring. Plugin to the wiring loom and tap into the fibre MOST loop. 30 mins worse...
Click image to enlarge

TV button on screen.

Enjoy, hope you like. Something I wanted to do for a while! A bit different, seen phones on here through GVIF etc, but thought mine was different enough to show anyway.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Hi there,

I was really intrigued by this post as Ive been trying find out a way to change the splash screen on my RRS 2006 Sat Nav and wondered whether Android Tv could be a solution as well as having the other benefits as you've described.

Am I right in saying that the Android Tv unit connects to the original screen which is just used as a monitor for it?

I know this tread is quite old now and their could be other options but Im really struggling to find anything . Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Post #553804 Wed Apr 11 2018 6:52pm
TSLJon

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

This was a long time ago but essentially using the NavTV module gives you a video input to the system with just pressing the TV button. The downside the control was remote not touch screen I think.

https://www.nav.tv/products/land-rover-ran...nav-inrr05

There will be way better things for interfacing now. Just choose something cheap on eBay.

Unfortunately I have SVR 2019 model now, so I can't check much sorry! 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE
2013 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE 8 Speed

Post #566849 Sat Oct 13 2018 4:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12