RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > DPF Again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

IRBails

Australia 

Definately not a DFp issue, I would also suspect not a throttle body unless this can relate to fault code. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #551542 Thu Mar 15 2018 8:40pm
wilf

Ask them to thoroughly check for air leaks on the "suction" side of the engine air system. This can result in the kind of problems you are seeing, and I wonder if the throttle body could also be part of this potential cause? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #551557 Fri Mar 16 2018 8:46am
bluestone

United Kingdom 

They claim to have done those checks.

In a normally functioning vehicle I don't think a DPF is that easy to block. I have done almost 3k over 8 weeks in the Vogue loan car doing predominantly city driving and intentionally sitting idling for long periods to force it to go amber. Not even a whisper of a DPF problem with this car. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #551590 Fri Mar 16 2018 1:18pm
wilf

Just reinforces the view that there is still something amiss with your car.

Stick to your guns. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

Post #551594 Fri Mar 16 2018 1:34pm
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

Should be something wrong with the car indeed effecting the functioning of the DPF. can be many factors involved.
The JLR dealership-a smart tech- need to read out the ECU logs. he should be able to see the number of failed regens and the reasons for it. RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #551622 Fri Mar 16 2018 4:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bluestone

United Kingdom 

Week 10 in the workshop. And finally after 17 visits to the dealer they found that the throttle control was sticking and was the likely cause of the premature DPF blockages. Currently the dealer are doing drive cycles and are waiting for feedback from Land Rover technical before releasing the car back into the wild.

Meanwhile the executive office don't think they owe any goodwill on the basis that they have fulfilled their obligations by always keeping me mobile despite the number of times I have had issues. Hopefully will have the car back next week but only time will tell if the DPF problems remain.

I even asked for an explanation why my SDV6 Vogue loan car managed 4k miles without a blockage. The response was that it's a different car and they can't be compared. A ridiculous answer given that the cars have the same chassis and engine.

Absolutely ridiculous and a real let down by JLR. I very much doubt I will ever buy another Land Rover again which is a real shame as I had hoped to stick with the brand for years to come. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #552002 Wed Mar 21 2018 8:00pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Fingers crossed for you bluestone Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #552036 Thu Mar 22 2018 8:38am
mlines

United Kingdom 

bluestone wrote:

Interestingly my RRS has always run at 22mpg, whereas the Vogue loan car I have had for 8 weeks has averages 26. The journeys have been identical.

Shocked Shocked

My SDV8 RRS runs at 32 mpg average. Ok so this is by the Range Rover computer so its in their best interest to lie (e.g. volkswagen). Even if exaggerated then it is still better than your 22mpg, I think that throttle body fault is overfueling. 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #552101 Fri Mar 23 2018 1:59pm
wilf

My MPG over 40k miles, fill to fill, is 28mpg from my spreadsheet. Has consistently been around there since new.

Since my car calls for oil changes every 10k or so miles, I suspect it is overfuelling too. It will go well before it runs out of OE warranty. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

Post #552108 Fri Mar 23 2018 3:33pm
IRBails

Australia 

So what they are saying is your diesel has been massively over fueled? If this is the case then if it were me I would want a new motor. Google the damage that occurs when diesel engines are over fueled for a long period. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #552153 Fri Mar 23 2018 10:02pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

Well it has been an interesting week. After 10 weeks at the dealership my beloved car finally returned home. Land Rover spent weeks investigating my vehicle, and identified only a faulty throttle body which they don't believe is related to the DPF issues. I received a called from the executive office today who concluded that after throrough investigation no faults were identified with my vehicle and the engine is performing as intended. I was advised that my driving style is the cause of the DPF issues, and despite the technical team saying the vehicle is fault free, I was offerred a £150 voucher towards a meal for 2 at a restaurant of my choice. Thank you for such a kind gesture Land Rover.

So imagine how I felt this afternoon when the DPF warning light came on again, just 150 miles after leaving the dealership. I am absolutely infuriated and feel totally insulted by Land Rover. I managed to cover 4000 miles of the same driving style in the Vogue, and it is simply astonishing that JLR insist my vehicle is fault free. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #553339 Fri Apr 06 2018 6:18pm
Hog

It is obvious that if your car is burning to much diesel fuel. the good working of the DPF is effected and frequent regens will happen and indeed oil dilution as well! be aware of potential engine damage and make sure to do oil changes every 5000 mls or so untill the problem has been solved. JLR' s dealers lack of knowledge and professionalism and more over its behavior it is a bloody shame. RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #553357 Fri Apr 06 2018 8:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IRBails

Australia 

Personally I don't see this as over fueling. DFP wouldn't block in 150 miles even if diesel was poured straight in. This sounds like a fault in electronics . These can be very hard to diagnose and may not even turn up on the diagnostics. If the car is under warranty you really need to seek some good advice, legal, and get the thing worked out. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #553378 Sat Apr 07 2018 5:40am
Hog

While I agree with IRbails that the main cause of the DPF problem would be electronics -see my earlier remarks- over fueling means incomplete combustion and subsequently more soot! the result of more soot is more regens and could lead to oil dilution and engine damage. It is not about raw diesel entering the exhaust!

Talking about electronics, I would advise that the configuration of the ECU with respect to the DPF sensor
and the exhaust temperature sensors would be checked and recalibrated. RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #553402 Sat Apr 07 2018 9:54am
bluestone

United Kingdom 

So today I received a call from Lorraine Brook of the executive office. Not sure what the exact purpose of her call was but the moment I answered my DPF warning light came on again. This time only 130 miles after the last successful regeneration. Queue the 19th Assist call out. I became so irate speaking to her I had to pull over for a while. It's one thing producing a sub standard product, but such treatment of their customers is simply shameful for Land Rover. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #553959 Thu Apr 12 2018 11:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>