Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > PHEVS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

ravingmad

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
PHEVS

My Company is Going Green,
Two members of staff requested company cars, so I gave them a budget of £40k and CO@ emissions had to be less than 50g/km.
They both chose the VW Passat GTE Hybrid.
Have to say impressive cars to look at and drive, low BIK rates and tax benefits for the company.
Anyway, following this SHMBO decided she now wants a company car.
She needs a large car to take our dogs {St Bernards) out in, she also like the high driving position she has with her Honda CRV.

Test drove the Volvo XC60, fantastic car but £65K fully loaded.
Had a test drive in the Outlander PHEV and she loved it. £40k Fully loaded
Car ordered and take delivery mid April. I have to say the customer service at Mitsubishi has been great.
I still have my sport, no comparison there, so not joining Muddywheels yet. MY13.5 Autobiography, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass. Gone
Driving a milk float for now.

Post #552501 Wed Mar 28 2018 10:14am
mike21

2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

A great car the Outlander PHEV, after two RRS's I went to a Mitsi PHEV, had it for three and a half years with no problems whatsoever, its never let me down, just ordered a new 4h through Autoebid, 25% off list Thumbs Up Especially good if a company purchase, although BIK not as cheap as a few years ago its still better than anything else.
No doubt Muddy will be along shortly to sing its praises as well 2019 BMW X3 2.0i M Sport in metalic black- Brilliant
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Atlantic Grey, replaced with 2018 Frost White Outlander PHEV, can't fault em - now gone
2012 SDV6 HSE in Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass & Side Steps (notice a theme)! - Even better but now gone
2009 TDV6 HSE in Stornoway Grey, 20" alloys, Privacy Glass & Side Steps - Fantastic! but gone

Post #552541 Wed Mar 28 2018 5:00pm
ravingmad

Yes also had a great discount from Autoebid, but came 1 day to late for me.
Managed a £6K discount from my dealer so not to shabby.
Yes good for a company purchase but as you say BIK rates have increased.
I have 8kw of solar panels , so should be free charging for 8 months of the year.
Hope it is as reliable as her Honda has been. MY13.5 Autobiography, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass. Gone

Post #552544 Wed Mar 28 2018 5:16pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I'm still happy with my PHEV 18 months in Bow down

The Beast from the East tested it and it's as good as any of my previous LRs - certainly better than the RRS Whistle

Mitsubishi dealer has been brilliant on the sale and 1st service which is all I've needed so far- unbelievable after the Censored my 3 RRSs put me through Rolling Eyes

I'd have another but I'm not in a rush thanks to the 5 year warranty and not enough changes to last 2 MYs to entice me into spending anymore money Confused

Enjoy it when it comes Mr. Green Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #552645 Thu Mar 29 2018 9:23pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

How was it better than the RRS in the snow?
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #552646 Thu Mar 29 2018 9:38pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

My RRSs had 20" wheels and tyres which I found useless in winter even low speed braking resulted in sliding and heart stopping moments. My brother couldn't park his on drive with slope in icy weather Shocked

I resorted to 19" all season which helped but it was still twitchy unlike the 6 previous FLs and Discos I owned on std tyres

The Mitsubishi has coped without drama in some of the worst weather I've experienced for at least 8 years. It's not twitched at all and stopped when necessary faultlessly.

It cost me half what I paid for the last RRS (1/3 what I'd pay now) and with zero issues so wins my vote Mr. Green Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #552648 Thu Mar 29 2018 10:04pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

What tyres on the Mitsubishi Muddy? Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #552650 Thu Mar 29 2018 10:24pm
BKHK

Australia 

I had a PHEV as a renter the other day and I thought of Muddy (I must need an appointment with a shrink). PHEVs maybe reliable but I nearly fell asleep with boredom driving it. Laughing

Post #552651 Thu Mar 29 2018 11:56pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Agree the Mitsubishi isn't going to get the adrenaline pumping but it does what it says on the tin and voted most reliable large suv last year Wink

I've got winter tyres fkarim - I had them on the RRS two winters but never had opportunity to see if they made much difference. My friend who is on his 3rd phev runs fitted summer tyres all year round and says he's never had a problem Thumbs Up

I ran fitted all seasons on my DS and it was better than RRS in snow and ice than RRS Confused

The RRS is a great vehicle to look at and makes you grin when you put your foot down in good weather but the pain of ownership and poor handling in winter just ruined it for me Sad

The Lexus makes me grin and the Mitsubishi does everything else in buckets. I'm also saving money even with both added together and zero stress Mr. Green Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #552666 Fri Mar 30 2018 8:31am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:
The RRS is a great vehicle to look at and makes you grin when you put your foot down in good weather but the pain of ownership and poor handling in winter just ruined it for me

As I remember correctly, you were quite particular about only fitting tyres specified by LR in order to never worry about your insurance company. This rather limited you on tyre choice. I've run 2 RRSs now and never used LR specified tyres (or tyre sizes, for that matter) during winter. Ran on Vred winter tyres initially and then on Grabber AT and AT3. Have to say that both vehicles have been faultless in winter conditions. Both have pulled others up icy slopes, gone out and about in snow and never had a problem. Sure, they'll slide on ice if you push too hard but then anything will unless you fit studded tyres.

Your bad winter experiences with RRSs seem to be particular to you. Most others who comment on using theirs in winter say how great they've been and how safe they feel. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #552670 Fri Mar 30 2018 9:38am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

muddywheels wrote:
I've got winter tyres fkarim - I had them on the RRS two winters but never had opportunity to see if they made much difference.

Winter tyres make all the difference. When we had a bit of snow in December, my RRS on all season tyres was not very confidence-infusing. In the Alps last month it performed brilliantly on winter tyres in much more treacherous conditions (apart from some speed related scary moments that I can’t blame on the car or the tyres). Same good performance in more snow here end of last month/earlier this month.

My opinion changed about Land Rover being a must to go places, after seeing all sorts of saloons, estates and vans getting up and down the same mountains as us on snowy and icy Alpine roads. They must have been on winter tyres too. Going downhill was probably easier for them due to weighing less. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #552671 Fri Mar 30 2018 10:11am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I am not the only one who has commented on the RRS being twitchy in winter conditions but I'm not going to trawl through the forum looking for past posts to prove it

All I will add is in 16 years LR ownership only the RRS has been a problem in winter and I'm comparing it to FL1, FL2, D2s, DS and a Landcruiser prior to that and they were on all seasons Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #552673 Fri Mar 30 2018 11:12am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If it has to be an SUV PHEV then there is another one at £32,000 before ticking any option boxes ( of which there are a lot!) - it isn’t a “beautiful” car but there is a PHEV version of the Mini Countryman (i’m Swapping my RRS for one in April). It is quite a big car but whether a couple of St Bernard’s would fit into the back i’m Not sure. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #552690 Fri Mar 30 2018 2:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ravingmad

Hi Tim, we did look at the Mini but found it to small for the wife’s needs and the driving position to low.
Nice car though.
I think there will be a lot more hybrid vehicles available over the next year or so.
I would like to see a Phev with 70 mile range. MY13.5 Autobiography, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass. Gone

Post #552720 Fri Mar 30 2018 6:54pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Me too - I'd swap for that Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #552731 Fri Mar 30 2018 9:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>