RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Regrets anyone?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

We've had ours coming up to a year and purchased with 36k on it, today its over 51k. We've been to France 3 times in it and my wife and I love it. Probably owning the slowest car available its just so relaxing to drive, get the armrest down and chill. My wife keeps falling asleep in it with her head resembling a pilot in the centrifuge Mr. Green so she bought a Tempur travel pillow. Plenty of space for the dogs, fuel consumption is good - should have done it ages ago. Like most here have had BMWs' and other performance cars but now I just don't see the attraction as a daily runabout. Its in for a service on Friday and i think this one despite being old is a keeper. Thumbs Up 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #551903 Tue Mar 20 2018 11:39am
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Coming up for 6 years ownership in May with 60000 miles and I still absolutely love it - over 150k now. My one is used & abused but takes it in its stride, whether its towing for a 500 mile journey, being loaded to the gunnels with crap or thrashed down the local B roads. It rarely gets washed (though its got so much road salt on it at the moment I'll have to), its often muddier inside than out but if it needs something, it gets it, so regularly serviced and preventative maintenance. Cost 18.5k and I'd probably get 8-9k for it now I would expect, so that's reasonable depreciation in my book but I'm not going to sell it as I've got it just about spot on. What other car can haul timber out of a muddy field, then look smart enough to turn up outside the Ritz for a function? No regrets.

In fact, the only person who regrets my leaving it in Wales (to keep miles down a bit) is MOH as she loves the comfort/ride and sheer presence of it. So much so that she's just gone and bought her own S/C'd one!

Post #551931 Tue Mar 20 2018 6:15pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

I don't regret it for a minute!

I bought my 2005 4.2L SC 18 months ago and apart from something stupid I did (which cost a fortune to put right) it has been faultless.

Yes I live in constant fear of something going wrong but as soon as I get in it and drive, all that fear melts away.

It's my first LR product having had BMWs, Audis, VWs, Toyotas and Fords before but nothing, absolutely nothing, comes close.

I might have the opportunity soon to buy a newish SVR (if all goes to plan) but even then, when I find myself fantasising about it, I still want to keep my 13 year old SC as it's just SO good!

This forum as well is great to help alleviate the fear as there is so much experience and knowledge on here that there is usually a bucket full of useful advice for any issues.

Don't live with any regrets, just get in it and drive!!!!! 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #551936 Tue Mar 20 2018 7:27pm
Cymruambyth

Wales 

^^^^ Go on, what did you do? Steve.

Post #551941 Tue Mar 20 2018 8:02pm
Cymruambyth

Wales 

A mate of mine had 3 Sports. 2 x 2.7`s and a 3.6v8...all black and I always loved the look / road presence. At the time, I was too into my cars...loved the quick, well handling ones and wasn`t "ready" for a Sport.

As I got a bit older and a little bit more sensible (for now), I thought, it`s time Very Happy I drove my mates 3.6 not long back and was extremely underwhelmed...yes, I had a 320hp Focus ST so wasn`t expecting lightning quick, but still expected more. I then put the thought out of my head until I decided I liked the look of the HST and liked the sound of the 4.2 s/c performance figures.

I had to scratch that itch. Bought the first one I saw and that was it. When I was having issues as soon as I had it (spending over £500 within the first month) I did regret it, but once all was sorted, I loved it and still do. Yes I miss the ST, M3, Scooby etc. but, the comfort, the sound of the s/c when it`s floored and handy boot size etc. etc. makes up for it.

I currently have a very intermittent issue and when that rears its head I do think, have I done the right thing? Time will tell. Steve.

Post #551942 Tue Mar 20 2018 8:23pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Cymruambyth wrote:
^^^^ Go on, what did you do?

Rolling with laughter I changed the internal lights for LED ones and blew a fuse. Hastily looking at the glovebox fuses I saw a symbol that looked like a book so thought it related to fuse for reading lights which had blown (realised later the book symbol meant "read the handbook"!)

So I pulled the fuse (I think 26 but I'm not sure) then realised it wasn't that one, so quickly put it back and it arced and the engine started (no key in ignition!).

I then couldn't turn the engine off!!!! Panicking in the darkness I ended up having to pull the fuel pump fuse in the engine bay and wait for the engine to stop.

Bottom line was I had fried the BCM (Body Control Module) ECU which controls all of the other ECU's!

I had to get another though my indie from LR as it also is programmed to the keys and cost me £2,500 for diagnosing, supply and fitting.

Any other car, this wouldn't have happened but the electrics on these things is something else!

Expensive lesson learned and still suffering from the embarrassment but as they say "you live and learn", although I think a Haynes manual is less than £2,500 !!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #551945 Tue Mar 20 2018 10:21pm
Cymruambyth

Wales 

Holy poo! That was a bit of bad luck mate Sad Steve.

Post #551946 Tue Mar 20 2018 10:23pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Rolling Eyes Yes mate but I can't blame the car which has been faultless for a 13 year old car. It was my own stupid fault!! Big Cry Big Cry
Still in love with it though! 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue

Post #551947 Tue Mar 20 2018 10:38pm
Cymruambyth

Wales 

Oh well, it`s only money Laughing Steve.

Post #551969 Wed Mar 21 2018 11:47am
HughN

Wales 

Regrets?

I have a few. but then again, too few to mention.

Post #552028 Thu Mar 22 2018 8:37am
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

My only real regret is having spent all that money on a fantastic car that I love driving but not getting time to use it enough as I'm always working lately so have only managed 4.5k miles in a year but I must say I have enjoyed those as the car is so comfortable and quiet after always having had hot hatches or sports coupe's previously 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #552032 Thu Mar 22 2018 9:09am
Lyonhead

Wales 

No definitely no regrets.
I’ve had some quick cars, I’ve had some sporty cars but nothing “ fits” like a Range Rover.
I’ve gradually gone from a RRS 2.7, to a RRS 4.2 sc, to a 5.0 sc to an SVR and every single one felt right. It’s the whole feel and drive and space of the car. I believe someone said earlier you can go across fields and mud and wash the car off and pull up at a swanky hotel and not be out of place. They go down the road as well as most cars, the SVR especially, that was a car but as I’ve well documented I’ve had to move on and have ordered an SVA Dynamic, my first full fat RR. The delivery is not until September, no doubt that will move, and with all the horror stories about the info screen and switches on the steering wheel I’m not entirely worried because I know it will finally be sorted. They are individual cars but seen everywhere so LR are doing something right and at the end of the day it’s how you feel when driving and nothing makes me feel better than a RR.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #552044 Thu Mar 22 2018 10:49am
d-9

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Nope, I love it Smile I get back in the missus audi, a car that I put 60k on in 4 years, and realise how much I like the performance and handling, but then I get back in the sport and realise I love that too. Its even ok on fuel, averaged 29mpg on the last tank!

My only regret is parking it up for a week while I was working away with the handbrake on, the day after jet washing the mud off from an offroading trip - the handbrake shoes seized to the drum and destroyed the shoes and mounting pins, cost me £100 for new shoes and fitting kit Sad

I guess my other regret is not upgrading the stereo system the day I bought it. I put up with the crappy standard system because I wasnt sure how long i would keep it. Turns out its sticking around for a while and it still sounds rubbish.

I would probably have more regrets if I had bought a 2.7, I test drove one and decided it did not meet my requirements.

Post #552058 Thu Mar 22 2018 4:04pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Yeah, should have bought a 5.0L S/C a lot earlier. Laughing

Cheers
Col

Post #552078 Thu Mar 22 2018 9:43pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Had mine two years now. Spent a lot (along with my warranty company😊) on getting various probs fixed but no regrets. Done over 28,000 miles in it now and wouldn’t have missed that for anything. Whether it’s a pop to the shops, a visit to friends in the West Country, holidays in Wales, or trips to north Aberdeenshire this is the baby to do it in. 👍 Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #552085 Fri Mar 23 2018 12:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12