RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Sunday Snow
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Sunday Snow

I had to catch a ferry in Stranraer on Sunday afternoon and I was at home in Carmarthenshire. Woke up Sunday morning to a light covering of snow, so fine, we'll crack on in the XC70 as scheduled. That lasted until I couldn't get up the slight incline on the drive (crap road tyres) so swapped out to the RRS (currently shod with Grabber AT3s). Top of my mountain wasn't too bad in the end and once I hit the Bs/As, they were all clear so a bit cross I'd had to take the RRS. However, got to Llandovery and for the next 50 miles to Newtown, the road was like that in the video.

RRS was set in Mud/Snow mode and literally just got on with it as you can see. Glad I wasn't in the XC70

Post #551869 Mon Mar 19 2018 10:21pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

With decent tyres on (the AT3 is a great all rounder and very good in snow) the RRS is excellent. To be honest, most of the time the RRS will happily drive in "no special programmes" setting on TR and get around just fine in such conditions. Snow mode does help soften the throttle on initial start but unless you're on ice it shouldn't needed anyway. Mud mode isn't much use in snow as it allows wheel spin to some degree (fun in a large empty car park...). As with all 4x4, of course, it's stopping that catches people out...HDC is an excellent system and really helps in cold conditions so long as one keeps the speeds down in the first place. Descending steep icy hills at walking pace in total control with both feet off the pedals always makes me smile.

Of course, for those on cheap / rubbish summer tyres, all bets are off anyway and you're better off staying at home. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #551874 Mon Mar 19 2018 11:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1