RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 2011 range rover sport constant vibration been fobbed off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

jenko2005

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zambezi Silver
2011 range rover sport constant vibration been fobbed off

Purchased a 2011 3.0 V6 TD RRS Nov 16 Had nothing but hell with it dealer replaced the following due to a vibration @ 10mph / 1,000=1,500RPM the following items have been change to try and cure issue.

Propshaft - Fault still Present
Bushes and Bolts - Fault Still Present
4x Tyres Had Flat Spot due to Vehicle Stored in Compound - Fault still Present
Rear Disc Pads/ Shoes Fault Still Present

Strastone Cardiff Inform me the Vibration is the Characteristics of that year 2011 they all do it Stastone informed me they where going to ask for LR T/A I spoke to Pete Jones and he's siding with the dealer I would like to mention Strastones aren't the supplying Dealer and Helen Cargadsen told Strastone to find the cause of vibration.

Went on a test drive with Master Tech he agreed on the day the vibration and suspension wasn't right hes now changed his opinion

any help would be really appreciated

Post #551482 Thu Mar 15 2018 5:31pm
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

nonsense that remark about 'they do it all" mine is perfectly quite and smooth
Check the electronic engine mounts RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #551484 Thu Mar 15 2018 5:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jenko2005

it still under warranty just turned 28k I bought it with 22k on the clock Nov16

Post #551485 Thu Mar 15 2018 5:39pm
Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If it is a characteristic of this year vehicle, why did they spend all that time and money trying to resolve it. Looks like they run out of ideas and then came up with this cock and bull to fob you off.....ridiculous. I have a MY 2010 with 43K on the clock and that has no vibration !!! possible 'sale of goods act' or similar brewing if they don't fix it, as car is not fit for purpose. The fact that they have tried all these things to resolve is evidence that they also acknowledge that something is wrong.

Keep fighting them Thumbs Up Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #551521 Thu Mar 15 2018 7:56pm
jenko2005

Update

Land Rover Customer Relations
Dear Mr Jenkins,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today.

Further to this, as agreed, I have taken the opportunity to speak to James at Stratstone Cardiff.

As previously discussed, the retailer and their Land Rover trained technicians have taken the opportunity to investigate the concerns you have raised. Following these investigations, they have determined that there is no evidence of a manufacturing or material defect present with your vehicle and the concern you have raised with the vibration is considered characteristic of the vehicle.

I appreciate this is not the response you were hoping for, however as a manufacturer, while we remain supportive of resolving any concerns or faults that may occur with a vehicle, we are unable to support with characteristics of the vehicle.

To ensure consistency, I have taken the opportunity to copy in David Beeby and James Morris from Stratstone Cardiff. Regrettably, at this time you would need to look to return the courtesy vehicle and collect your vehicle given that we would be unable to support further.

I trust this has clarified our position regarding this matter, however should you wish to seek independent advice, we would be happy to respond accordingly once we receive contact from your chosen representative

Yours sincerely,

Peter Jones

Customer Solutions Team Manager
UK Customer Relations Centre
Jaguar Land Rover

T: +44 (0) 1926 691599

Post #551682 Sat Mar 17 2018 8:49pm
jenko2005

Dear Mr Ralph Speth,

Could you please kindly confirm that the Range Rover Sport 2011,2012 models are made as standard with a constant vibration coming through the complete vehicle as a standard option? Or is it a design fault or Mechanical failure, could you please take your time to read my below email where ive had 16 months of hell in one of your Vehicles, this is my 4th Range Rover and all previous vehicles have never had a vibration as standard only when a part has failed. The vibration is that bad that the rear passengers think there sitting on massaging chairs on maximum setting, the sun visors vibrate and hit against the front screen, the vibration comes through the steering wheel the vibration is constant, the vehicle has only covered 28k Miles I purchased it Nov16 with 22k Miles FLRDSH, please could help as both supplying dealer and local dealer informs me it’s the characteristics of the vehicle which if I was inform before I bought it I would of left the Range Rover Brand.

Kind Regards

Warren Jenkins

Post #551683 Sat Mar 17 2018 8:50pm
Hog

Wow! This is a stunning reaction by JLR CRC.
The ignorance and arrogance that speaks out of it is appalling. RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #551684 Sat Mar 17 2018 9:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Get an independent report from an indy maybe HBH automotive in Caerphilly and maybe speak also to trading standards/solicitor as the car should not do this Thumbs Up

Post #551685 Sat Mar 17 2018 9:23pm
Hog

A professional dealership should be able to do so called pin point tests and read the logs. As I suggested they could check the motor mounts. They seem to store a electronic device that smoothens out engine vibration at low RPM,s, particularly when the engine is cold. RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #551686 Sat Mar 17 2018 9:24pm
jenko2005

if anyone local to rhoose south wales has the same year we could do some roads test i would really appreciate it ive had 16 months of hell and Guy Salmonds response was if LR CRC has agreed with Strastone cardiff then there no more we can do Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #551687 Sat Mar 17 2018 9:28pm
jenko2005

To: 'lradvice@jaguarlandrover.com' <lradvice>; 'dainelgreen@sytner.co.uk' <dainelgreen>; 'clivemitchell@sytner.co.uk' <clivemitchell>
Subject: FW: Case:[8000466678]: Land Rover Customer Relations

Dear All,

Please see attached a List of Land rover Technical Bulletins regarding known causes of Vibrations on the Range Rover Sport (WHICH ARE NOT CLASSED IN THE OWNERS MANUAL AS CHARACTERISTICS OF THE VEHICLE) obviously I have some concerns with the ongoing issues which have been investigated by the original supplying Dealer in which the following items have been replaced due to the confirmed Vibration at Guy Salmond Stratford Upon Avon, Sept/Oct 2017 Prop Shaft Replaced, Various Bolts and Bushes, car then Delivered back with same Vibration 4 weeks later, Nov 2017 Guy Salmond 4 X Flat spots on Tyres Confirmed By Charlotte where Vehicle was left in compound for several weeks without any movement, Dec2017 collected Car with Brakes Binding (car was handed over in this condition) 4th Dec2017 Spoke To Helen Land Rover Customer Care who spoke to Gven Strastone Cardiff to book Vehicle in on the 4 Jan 2018 Reece confirmed within 30 Minutes Test Drive Vibration present constantly and ride very harsh (his comment I’ve never been in such a bad range rover this shouldn’t drive like this) Strastone called Gven informed me rear brakes causing Vibration Replaced Discs, Pads and Shoes, 26th Feb 2018 had a call from Steve to come a test Drive Vehicle (drove as far as petrol station 300yds) Vibration still present, returned Vehicle, 9th March 2018 had a call from James to arrange a test drive with master Tech Darren on Sat 10th March2018, Sat 2018 Test Drive Darren Confirmed Vibration still there lightly through the steering wheel however when he sat in the back N/S/R he confirmed the Vibration was severe and the Harshness of the ride Quality was very hard and it shouldn’t be for a range rover he told me he was going to ask for Land Rover T/A however the Dealership has informed me it’s the Characteristics of the Vehicle however in the Owner’s Manual it states any Vibrations to Book into Main Dealer for Diagnosis, PLEASE SEE BELOW LTB REGARDING VIBRATIONS, an Independent Engineers Report will Follow.

IDU2 Noise/Vibration/Ride Harshness
LTB00305V3 Vibration Coming Through Car (WHICH MY VEHICLE IS EXPERENCING AS AGREED WITH DARREN ON THE 10-03-2018)
LTB00374v2
LS303-016
LSST067V2
1DUNVH_L
LTB00420V3

Regards

Warren Jenkins

Post #551689 Sat Mar 17 2018 9:31pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Find one in a dealership and go and test drive it and see if it does the same as yours Thumbs Up

Post #551691 Sat Mar 17 2018 9:44pm
Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

This is truly appalling and as well as legal action I would be going to the press and especially automotive publishers as this is so wrong on so many levels.
Good luck mate and surely they haven't a leg to stand on, it is just so bad that you are having to go through this hell to get your car fixed properly or your money back. Thumbs Up Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #551693 Sat Mar 17 2018 9:50pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

It does beg the question as to what the poor consumer has to do to get redress. I am no expert and have (fortunately) not had to go through any such trauma with anything I've purchased but it seems to me that there is this huge barrier preventing us from easily getting and independent impartial view on a complaint we have. It seems that the only resort is the last resort of going to a solicitor with a view to taking LR to court and this seem quite daunting to the layman.

I would have thought on this forum there would be some expertise to advise us on the best way of resolving such issues. What is needed is a way to get an independent view of the situation, which in this case as LR have tried to fix it and failed, seems pretty straightforward in favour of Jenko, with a view to obtaining an agreement short of going to court. I am sure that an element of LR's approach here is to hope that Jenko will feel it is just not worth the hassle of instructing solicitor. I wonder whether something like a solicitors letter on behalf of Jenko might alter LR's view?

Found this but not sure if it helps - http://civilmediation.justice.gov.uk/ Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #551705 Sun Mar 18 2018 8:57am
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Put all that on their Twitter feed and wait for the call Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #551732 Sun Mar 18 2018 3:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>