Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Stuck on what to buy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ryan1993

United Kingdom 
Stuck on what to buy

Hi All,

I am buying my first range rover and im torn between 2 at the same garage.

2010 RRS Autobiography, FSH, 1 owner, 55k on the clock, £22k

22011 RRS Onyx edition, FSH, 90k on the clock, 23k..

The onyx edition is amazing to look at however as this is my first range rover and my first really used car, im wary about the mileage. Is 90k too much even for an immaculate car?

Any advice is appreciated

ryan

Post #551340 Wed Mar 14 2018 1:08pm
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

For the age 90K isn't particularly high but if it were me I would definitely plump for the lower mileage one.

It's just the nature of things that the older/more used they are the more goes wrong and of course there are exceptions to the rule but by and large that is the case.

The other one also only has one owner from new and that is always a good thing.

End of the day it's your decision but drive both, more than once, and see how they feel!

Post #551351 Wed Mar 14 2018 2:14pm
james5599

United Kingdom 
Re: Stuck on what to buy

ryan1993 wrote:
Hi All,

I am buying my first range rover and im torn between 2 at the same garage.

The onyx edition is amazing to look at however as this is my first range rover and my first really used car, im wary about the mileage. Is 90k too much even for an immaculate car?

Any advice is appreciated

ryan

Don’t be blinded by the chintz of the onyx car. They aren’t particulatly great quality conversions .

All things being equal you’ve got to go for the lower mileage car. 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #551357 Wed Mar 14 2018 3:20pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: Stuck on what to buy

ryan1993 wrote:

This one.

Quote:

You're paying lots of money for a body kit and some bling.
And you'll look like a chav driving around in it. Whistle

Have you looked at many RRS up to this point? Go look at a few, drive them and get a feel for what the are like. At 55k miles there should be no knocks from the suspension, for example. 90k miles - if the suspension bushes are original then budget for new bushes soon. If they're both V6 diesels then check if the belts have been done. The 2010 should have been done as it's now 7+ years old. The 2011 will be due this year (7 years or 105k/112k miles depending on engine and whichever comes first - years or miles). A full and complete service history is essential. Any gaps or doubt about it then walk away. Many aren't serviced at the correct intervals - a 7 year old RRS should have 7 stamps in the book as servicing is 12months or 15/16k miles whichever comes first.

Don't be blinded by bling. You'll regret it. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #551361 Wed Mar 14 2018 3:48pm
ryan1993

United Kingdom 

Yeah i have been looking a while now, I'm basically sacrificing around 25-30k miles on the onyx for the others around the same price. A few people i know with RRS's have told me that the mileage isn't a worry if its looked after but i've never bought a car with over 10k on the clock so i'm wary!

The place i'm getting either from offer 1,2,3 year warranties and have a good reputation (supercar dealer), which is whats kind of tempting me into the onyx one. The car is immaculate and looks like it's been used for motorway miles.

I'll drive both when I'm down there and see what they're like I guess and try not to be blinded by the bling! Laughing

Post #551365 Wed Mar 14 2018 4:15pm
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Drive both for as long as you can and ideally more than once in different conditions/roads to get a real feel for them.

Goes without saying FSH is a must and be sure whichever one you go for the warranties are comprehensive and NOT more costly/less detailed than others from the likes of Warranty Direct AND double-check the mileage cover; no good having one that decreases the cover once it hits for example 100K and you're left exposed.

Mine has just hit 90K. Have owned it 7+ years, done 26K miles in it and it's been extremely good so agreed, if well looked after they should be good for many more miles but as others have mentioned also with age they do wither and become more demanding, bit like people really!

Post #551366 Wed Mar 14 2018 4:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1