RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Dash-cam for '08 RRS - opinions/recommendations?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Richythepom wrote:
Thanks Eaters. I've had a look through the link you sent and the pictures of the fuse box etc...

I gather you need to run the wiring from the dashcam, then along the edge of the windscreen, down the windscreen edge uprights and then somehow past the dashboard and into the glovebox to get to the fusebox, where the piggy back fuse comes into play. Is that the gist of it?

One word of warning. be careful if you decide to remove the A pillar trims as there are airbags in there and you don't want them going off!! 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #551182 Tue Mar 13 2018 9:59am
Richythepom

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thanks for the warning, Scrumpy. I think I'll stick to wedging the wiring between trim and glass/dash etc.

All bought and ordered now. Gone for the Cobra IP200 and a Nextbase hard-wiring kit (same mini USB and power specs, so should be fine)... 2008 RRS HSE Stornoway Grey

Post #551190 Tue Mar 13 2018 10:48am
Richythepom

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Dash Cam Hard Wire - My Installation Step-by-step

Thanks everyone for all the help with this; just thought I'd post a quick update.

I received the Cobra IP200 Dashcam and the Nextbase hardwire kit through the post today and have just finished fitting it all. Here's a step-by-step in case it helps anyone out in the future.

Firstly, I started out by fully opening up the lower glove box to expose the fuse box. I removed fuse 47 (switched fuse) and re-inserted along with the Nextbase hard wire kit's piggyback fuse.

I then unscrewed the bonnet release lever and took it off, unclipped the trim around it and then threaded the earthing cable from the Nextbase hardwire kit down through the glove box and behind the bonnet release lever. I then reattached the bonnet release lever, making sure the end of the Nextbase earthing cable was firmly wedge between the back of the bonnet release lever and the chassis. I then re-attached the bonnet release lever.

I then removed the trim just below the passenger A-pillar and threaded the long power lead out from the fuse box compartment, round the back edge of the passenger A-pillar to the top (i.e. where it meets the roof lining), round the top of the A-pillar trim and then under the front edge of the roof lining trim, leaving the right amount of power cable protruding out behind the rear view mirror, ready to plug into the actual dash cam. I simply tucked the excess cable under the roof trim.

I then re-attached the trim under the passenger A-pillar.

Just under £53 spent in total and so far, jobs a good'n... so far... Very Happy

A massive thanks once again for all of you who have helped me out with your replies.

Here's some pics:

Fuse box compartment

View from passenger side

View from driver side

View from outside
 2008 RRS HSE Stornoway Grey

Post #551374 Wed Mar 14 2018 7:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12