Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Regrets anyone?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

wilchesth

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Zermatt Silver
Regrets anyone?

Hi guys,

I’ve just joined the forum and want to introduce myself as a proud owner of a Range Rover Sport 2008 2.7 SE which I got a couple of months ago. I got to admit I always wanted to own a Range Rover Sport so when I had the chance I traded my X5 2005 3.0d but when I did it was complete regret as soon as I entered my pin number to pay the balance at the car dealer. All I did from that moment was compare everything about it with my ex (the X5), I found the Range Rover Sport smaller inside, too big outside, ugly inside and it wasn’t as fast. As the days passed I found everything about Land Rovers so exciting. I started spending hours looking at videos on youtube, reading reviews and looking at all the mods you can do. Weeks passsed and now I love the beast, such an interesting car that now I can’t wait to get the 2010 facelift when I get another chance. When we had heavy snow in the UK around a couple of weeks I thought I would be showing off my new 4x4 on the snowy hills around my town where I saw lots of cars struggling but I love it so much that I didn’t want to risk other cars sliding into me and wrecking my car so I didn’t move my car for 3 days.

So that’s my story and how I got here. Has anybody experienced any sort of regret selling or buying a Range Rover Sport?

Post #551144 Mon Mar 12 2018 8:46pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

No regrets what so ever Thumbs Up

Post #551145 Mon Mar 12 2018 8:55pm
Slim444

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Welcome to the fold!

No regrets- apart from the freefall depreciation, ridiculous fuel consumption (the manufacturer lies, the OBC lies to the tune of 10%), and the driver's seat which isn't as comfy as my 2003 BMW X5 was... Wink You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come callin'

Post #551146 Mon Mar 12 2018 9:04pm
DEVON

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Sold my X5 and bought my sport and never looked back ,
Not a single second of regret .
Enjoy it and welcome to the club Thumbs Up

Post #551148 Mon Mar 12 2018 10:01pm
BKHK

Australia 

Not regrets exactly but I really miss the instant point and go of the M3.

I love the V8SC, it’s an awesome machine and I had to downsize from 2 cars to 1, due to towing requirements it had to be an SUV and I don’t like the current crop of BMW and MB products.

Post #551154 Tue Mar 13 2018 12:31am
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Funnily enough I owned an X5 before I bought my RRS S/C and I did the same as you in comparing the two constantly and for quite a while I really missed the Beemer; it was nippier, felt more comfortable and so on.

But once I got used to the RRS and drove it on a few longer journeys there was no looking back, had it over 7 years and looking forward to (at some point) getting a newer one, hopefully 2013 5.0 Supercharged!

Post #551155 Tue Mar 13 2018 12:31am
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

As mentioned by others, I loved the M3s performance and image and I really miss it but I’m now older and more cuddly so the RRS is probably more appropriate now. The Supercharged noise brings on the same grin as I got with the M3 so I’m more than happy to stick with it. And I also don’t rate the current crop of BMs with the exception of the I8, I’d give my right do da for one of those. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #551158 Tue Mar 13 2018 4:01am
GodivaNige

England 

None whatsoever, despite quite a few issues over the last couple of years, most of which are common to the car. Bought the RRS to replace a Touareg. No comparison, the RRS is better to drive and I look far ‘cooler’ behind the wheel Laughing
Needed a big 4x4 to pull a twin axle plastic palace but that’s just gone (literally yesterday) to be replaced with a low profile 8m motorhome, but the car is going nowhere. I’ve invested too much time and money into it, for it to be replaced by a boring Euro box estate car. I don’t do big miles, even less per year now as the c’van has gone, so fuel and running costs aren’t much of an issue.

The only change I might make in the future is possibly to a 5.0 SC RRS, or a L494 4.4 V8 or maybe even a L322 4.4 V8, but for the moment, the current car is everything I want. Thumbs Up

Post #551161 Tue Mar 13 2018 6:06am
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

I changed from a CSL clone M3 with all the right bits on it as I wanted and needed something more practical so bought the sport which at first I thought was fantastic with all the torque it had and the way it pulled low down. Only disappointment was it didn't feel like if had much get up and go when you put your foot down at duel carriageway speeds to over take.
Not sure if this is down to how smooth it is or it just needs that bit more power but I've got used to it now and love it.

Only real disappointment is what I paid for the car and what they seem to be priced at 12 months later. 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #551165 Tue Mar 13 2018 6:56am
wilchesth

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Zermatt Silver

Great to hear your experiences. The more I think about it I think my problem was I did it all in a rush, it all happened within 5 days from the moment I decided to change cars until I got my rrs. I just didn’t have enough time to digest the idea of driving one and also I should have test driven a few ones. Next time I’ll make sure I test drive a few different engine sizes, but one thing I’m sure is it will be another rrs.

Post #551167 Tue Mar 13 2018 7:04am
syl

United Kingdom 

Slim444 wrote:
Welcome to the fold!

No regrets- apart from the freefall depreciation

It’s one of the least depreciating cars there is! RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #551173 Tue Mar 13 2018 7:21am
squizzel

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

My car was my dads and when he passed away last year I was left the range rover. Yes it is nice to drive, and now I have fixed most of the bugs in it as it had stood for a long time. But I am not keen on the sound of the engine, its strange but they all sound tinny to me. Theres nothing wrong with it just that they all sound like this to me. I came from a discovery 2 TD5, before that I had a 4.6 p38 and a 3.9 classic range rover before that, and I prefer the classic range rover and the disco to be hones, but this one is growing on me slowly.

Post #551880 Tue Mar 20 2018 7:57am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I'm on my 6th sport so I think that says it all plus a few other LR products.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #551881 Tue Mar 20 2018 8:06am
SRE

Spain 

Nice to see some green blood running through peoples veins. Thumbs Up In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #551884 Tue Mar 20 2018 9:10am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Always regretted buying the TDV8 when it was in for something else to be fixed. Instantly forgot that regret when I got it back and drove it again. Cool

Now I regret selling the TDV8. My SDV6 is lovely but I do just miss that TDV8 engine.

The Sport is a great vehicle, whichever one you own. Drive it down through France and it eats miles easily with you in total comfort. Pull up at any hotel and it won't look out of place. Get to a dusty camp site in Spain and take it up in the hills for some off road stuff and it's just as good as on the drive down. Alternatively, take it somewhere muddy in Blighty and it shines. The only things I can think of that would do this as well as the Sport would be a Disco or a FullFat. Neither is as good on a twisty road, however. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #551891 Tue Mar 20 2018 9:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>