22%
 22%  [2]
Total Votes: 9

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>

jonathana13

United Kingdom 
MY18 Issues

Couldn't seam to find a dedicated thread for issues with MY18s so thought I would add one having picked up mine today and already encountered some. Absolutely love the car just some of these things are ok if they happen once every now and again but in the first 24hours of ownership...

Frustratingly they are all intermittent (so far) some just need a restart, others were a lock the car come back to it in a bit.

-Left steering wheel control non responsive
-Cameras wouldn't activate, tried selecting reverse, and pressing the buttons just didn't respond
-Wing mirror puddle lights seam to only work occasionally
-Voice commands sometimes press the button and it mutes the audio and changes the screen but doesn't display the prompt
Edit Additional Issues - 5th March AM
- Steering wheel on wrong side on instrument panel display
- Cup holder slides forward under light deceleration
Edit More Issues - 5th March PM
Speaker grill not fitted correctly on drivers side

Last edited by jonathana13 on Mon Mar 05 2018 2:17pm. Edited 4 times in total

Post #550376 Sat Mar 03 2018 11:48pm
RE66ELL

United Kingdom 

Great idea m8

Intermittent issues on the my18 I have that come and go are:
1- all the left hand side steering wheel controls don’t work (volume / menu / phone buttons)
2- driver side temp dial reverts back to displaying heated seat setting and left hand side temp control shows the fan symbol
3- middle screens stay off and when they do work they take a while to respond to inputs
4- steering wheel menu button and its associated arrows are very slow in response / action when pressed

Non intermittent issues
1- very annoying vibration and creak from passenger seat when driving
2- leather and finish on front seat bolsters far from perfect

Last edited by RE66ELL on Tue Mar 06 2018 10:44pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #550396 Sun Mar 04 2018 9:53am
rickshaw

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

MY18 Issues

1) Knocking noise from front suspension. Dealer originally thought it was anti-roll bar or lower suspension arm bushes but these were checked out OK. Then said it was Dynamic Response unit that needed 'bleeding' and two software patches. Problem still exists so soon back to dealer....
2) All left hand side steering wheel controls stopped working
3) Middle screen a bit temperamental
4) Poor quality leather upholstery particularly on front seats - baggy and creased. Dealer has ordered replacements.

Latest software update applied last Tuesday but I am almost ashamed to say that I have not been able to use the car since then to check everything out as I am currently snowed in - 6 foot snow drifts blocking the 200 yard track to my house between dry stone walls........

Post #550397 Sun Mar 04 2018 10:24am
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Hmm it seams the RHS steering wheel consoles is a common one, really not ideal as loose calls and menus.

Any pictures of the poor leather? Mine does look a bit baggy but not sure if I am imagining it...

Post #550400 Sun Mar 04 2018 11:01am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Reading the forum i think RE66ELL first four faults are affecting all new cars as i see some have these problems on cars collected this week. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #550401 Sun Mar 04 2018 11:11am
EstorilSVR

United Kingdom 

Blimey you all seem so calm with the issues you are having here. Having spent £85k on a car I would expect it to work as intended and not have to make forum posts about issues with my car! If you all make some noise about this and not expect to live with it then things may just improve for JLR! Not sure how RE66ELL can say the car is better than the MY17 when plagued with so many issues!!! Bow down

I rejected my MY18 due to the following:
1) Steering wheel buttons on the left not responding as expected
2) Suspension Failure - parts not available for 5 weeks
3) Brake squeeling noises after just 300 miles!
4) Speedo screen would go blank and flicker when driving - very dangerous and distracting too
5) Lower screen would go off or freeze.
6) Leather on seats as others said was laggy.

Seriously guys please make a fuss about this with your dealers and not expect to live with it! I would love to buy another one when and if they ever sort out these issues but I don't think they will as my brother has a Velar and he tells me that over on the Velar forums it's a similar story - every one is having issues and many are rejecting their cars

A COMPLETE MESS BY JLR Censored

Post #550417 Sun Mar 04 2018 1:11pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Good idea to capture all fault stuff in a single thread.

I seem to have got missed out with the infotainment / left steering wheel button function problems (he says as he runs around the room touching as much wood as he can get his hands on!) I found it a tad irritating to use at first but that was due to me not pressing the button closer to the edge to go from function to function / screen to screen.

My problems have all been with the leather seats:

Door card mark - from the door fitting too tightly to the side of the nearside dash. Dealer spotted this and alerted me to the problem prior to delivery and ordered a new door card. I just emailed him earlier to tell him that it might not be required - that just the door fit might not be quite right.

Leather mark (a lump) on the front of the rear seat bench. Spotted while taking delivery.

Leather mark (indentation) on the side bolster of one of the rear seats. Spotted post taking delivery.

Have emailed dealer regarding getting this stuff fixed under warranty.

Irrespective of how much I spent on my car, I would be normally livid at these problems, but having heard (and previously experienced) LR's quality issues, I am pretty relaxed about the problems I have had so far.. Clearly, as long as they get fixed.

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #550423 Sun Mar 04 2018 2:24pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Seriously guys please make a fuss about this with your dealers and not expect to live with it! I would love to buy another one when and if they ever sort out these issues but I don't think they will as my brother has a Velar and he tells me that over on the Velar forums it's a similar story - every one is having issues and many are rejecting their cars

I want to give a chance to see if these issues can be resolved first though. I agree I don't want to pay land rover the privilege to be a beta tester which is the main reason for creating this thread to find out if the issues are isolated or widespread.

What are you doing following your rejection?

Post #550437 Sun Mar 04 2018 5:05pm
EstorilSVR

United Kingdom 

I missed another fault above! Heated rear seats would not warm up.

After rejection I bought a Volvo XC90 Momentum...not the sense of occasion of being in a RRS however so far it has been faultless and does what it is supposed to. Great drive too and full of gadgets too.

Post #550448 Sun Mar 04 2018 6:10pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

My wife's new Peugeot 3008 sat gracefully next to my courtesy vehicle of 7 weeks. Sadly the Peugeot infotainment system is light years ahead of even the MY18 cars, and the system just works. I can even set the navigation to a specific address in a single voice command. How can JLR be getting it so wrong when the French can produce a car like this which works out of the box.

I cannot for the life of me work out what to do with my MY16 vehicle. Can't live with it, can't live without it. Although ironically I have barely seen it for the last 6 months as seems to have found a new home in the dealers workshop. I bet the price of these vehicles reflect the amount of money JLR have to spend constantly trying to put them right for the first 3 years. I was ready to pull the trigger on a MY18 vehicle but at 80k I really don't know if I could tolerate this experience again. When I get the time I will create an online blog to share my experience with Land Rover virgin's looking to part with their 80k of hard earned cash. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #550461 Sun Mar 04 2018 7:36pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Its so sad to read these posts as the MY17 has tech issues which a year on have no fix in sight and have to be lived with.

I wouldn't change the car because of the problems as I love it but I feel for you all it isn't acceptable to buy any new car to have a fault regardless of its price in my opinion.

Post #550462 Sun Mar 04 2018 7:46pm

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

If people en mass rejected these cars as the law allows them too, JLR might just start to take notice. Until JLR raise their game and sort their software out I won’t be buying another, which is sad as I do like the product just don’t want the hassle of ownership

Post #550468 Sun Mar 04 2018 8:48pm
Tony_Boats

United Kingdom 

So after just 600 miles the only niggle is the left hand controls on the steering wheel intermittently don’t work and magically resurrect after a while. Loving the car otherwise (although have kerbed the front n/s alloy already)

Post #550469 Sun Mar 04 2018 8:52pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Quote:
So after just 600 miles the only niggle

Tony's comment hits the nail on the head there, some people live with these issues others hand the keys back on the first day of ownership...

I am going to see how it pans out over the next few days, be very interesting to see who else has issues and more importantly how many cars don't have the same issues!

The issue is I couldn't see myself driving anything else, I tried an F-Type, Porches (sports, saloon and SUV), and several other brands, (including Volvo XC60 / XC90 which I just wasn't keen on) but always found myself gravitating back to Land Rover. The RRS has been my dream car since it was launched and have had 2 great Frelander 2s and a Discovery Sport on the Journey.

Post #550473 Sun Mar 04 2018 9:16pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Have now added some poll options at the top, not sure how long the list is so wasn't sure if the opposite answer should be there too or if it will get too confusing. I.e. LHS steering wheel controls OK.

EDIT: Seams you can only select one option on the poll, could a mod delete it as I don't seam to be able too

Post #550475 Sun Mar 04 2018 9:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>