RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography Order. Discounts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 8 <12345678

Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi M13lky
My problems started the day after taking delivery and just before it was 30 days old, I informed the dealer of my intention to reject the car (according to the Consumer Rights Act, 2015, you can reject a vehicle without giving the dealer an opportunity to fix the problems) if the problems were not solved. Since then, the dealer has been in constant touch, but if the fix later this week doesn't solve the problems, then it I will reject the car and order another one, in the same way as rox10h, who is having similar issues, has done.
I will keep you posted at the end of the week.
Regards,
Niloc

Post #549262 Tue Feb 20 2018 11:12am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

m13lky wrote:
Niloc/Rox

I’ve been having ict issues with my my17 AB since new 3.5months ago, supplying dealer has admitted they currently have no fix, this has been promised at least 3 times now plus they originally diagnosed it was a faulty card reader which was replaced then I was told it’s the dreaded software issue, various glitches all the time with side steps, screen not coming on, radios not coming on, WiFi hotspot, traffic updates & internet has never worked. Anyway dealer is trying to get me into a new my18 comparable car but when I read about your issues I’m worried I’m jumping out of the frying pan into the fire so to speak.

What’s your thoughts on my predicament?

Malc

If the deal is right i would do it as hopefully when yours arrives these problems will be sorted, hopefully. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #549270 Tue Feb 20 2018 12:11pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

I'm hoping that my issues will be sorted with the latest fix, but as I've said, I'm not holding my breath. If not, the car will be rejected and I will probably order a replacement. Unfortunately, there is nothing else on the market which catches my eye like the Sport does, so I don't have much of a choice.

Post #549277 Tue Feb 20 2018 12:42pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Good morning everyone. As promised, the update following my visit to the dealer.
I picked the car up yesterday afternoon, the dealer smiling confidently that the problems had now all been sorted with the latest update from JLR. Great. Got in the car and, yes, you can guess - no radio and the settings menu still having a mind of its own!
Needless to say, the dealer was very embarassed and apologetic, but, unfortunately, they, like all other dealers, can only update the car with the fixes they get from JLR. Unfortunately, they are the face of JLR and in frustrated, often annoyed, customers' reach to vent their feelings on. The ones who should be facing people's wrath are the faceless ones t JLR.
They wanted to keep the car and let me use one of their cars for as long as need be. I refused, but am returning the car for was long as they need it next week. I am trying to be reasonable with them, but they are very happy to take the vehicle back and offer me, either a refund, or order another for me.
I will keep you all posted.

Post #549552 Sat Feb 24 2018 9:26am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

FFS though how hard can it be to get in the car and test it before telling the customer it's now all done and working. Censored
Sorry to hear Niloc. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #549553 Sat Feb 24 2018 9:45am
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi SVR575
They had and everything worked as it should. Because the issues are intermittent, they could n't replicate them after the software update. I got in the car and, lo and behold, they have started appearing again. Maybe today, the car will behave perfectly.
I think rox10h is also having issues which are similar and intermittent.
It's very frustrating for all.
Keep you posted.

Post #549555 Sat Feb 24 2018 10:04am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Niloc this is the dilemma I have, my dealer has until Tuesday to make me an offer for a new my18 AB to replace my current my17 with ict issues, I will be rejecting my car anyway weather I take the my18 gamble or not, I honestly think I will walk away as I can’t be bothered with all the stress & hassle this causes me & i’m paying around £90k for the privilege!

Post #549559 Sat Feb 24 2018 11:00am
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi m13lky,
There are several things you raise in your comments, but two, the stress & hassle and that it is costing about £90K for the privilege. I don't think JLR are fully in touch both, with people's feelings and that they are taking large sums of people's hard earned cash for the vehicles they manufacture which are unsatisfactory. it seems that JLR are of the mind set which feels that, yes, we are privileged in being allowed to buy one of their vehicles and it is they who are doing us the favour, not us keeping them in business. I wonder if any other manufacturer are treating their customer this way.

Post #549560 Sat Feb 24 2018 11:10am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Yes I know niloc, I may buy another stock car that I can thourghly check before I take ownership or go back to an X5 m50d hassle free motoring for a few years then try Lr again if they get their act together!

Post #549562 Sat Feb 24 2018 11:17am
Niloc

United Kingdom 

That's a good idea m13lky. I don't know which way to move forward at the moment.

Post #549563 Sat Feb 24 2018 11:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 8 <12345678