RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 2007 Hst 4.2 supercharged. Ace or no Ace ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
2007 Hst 4.2 supercharged. Ace or no Ace ?

Hi Guys.

My son is looking at early sports. He has found a beautiful 57 plate HST 4.2 supercharged with only 42k on the clock.
My question is that does it have the dynamic package on them ? I know around 12 plate ones had it as a option even on the sdv6 models as i had a red edition before my currunt l494 hse dynamic which had it too.

I know the early sports only supercharged had Ace/ dynamic package but it was not a setting on the terrain response you could select so only way of knowing is looking underneath. Or another way i guess is going into the 4x4 screen and seeing if it has the electronic rear locking diff but suppose this doesnt really tell you if it has Ace !!
I guess this sport which he is looking at will have Ace/ dynamic package being a supercharged 4.2 ?

I must say i do love the old HST sports there certainly stunning.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Tom.

Post #549013 Sun Feb 18 2018 11:28am
PEACHY

England 

Tom - can`t you get the VIN number & look on LRTopix ? Thumbs Up TBH I cant remember what info you got from the build sheet on the early models Rolling Eyes 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #549014 Sun Feb 18 2018 11:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thomas brown

Hi Peachy.

Cheers for the reply.

I have the Vehicle reg if that helps ? LT57 VFU.

Not sure how to do topix but could you send me a link to the site would be great to have a go though on topix.

Here is a link to the sport

https://www.motors.co.uk/car-48381445/?i=0&m=mcp

Cheers.

Tom.

Post #549016 Sun Feb 18 2018 11:39am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The Supercharged had the active anti roll bars - known as Dynamic Response (sometimes referred to as ACE but I think this is a hang over form the Discovery 2 system). This is different to the later "dynamic" programme on Terrain Response.

Edit: Looking at the photos of the vehicle, you can see two yellow reservoir lids. The one on its own is the Dynamic Response reservoir. The other is the power steering one next to the radiator expansion bottle lid. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #549017 Sun Feb 18 2018 11:41am
thomas brown

Hi RRSTDV8.

I was thinking that about the reservoirs with them being on both sides least that's cleared that up thanks for that. Yea i guess the dynamic setting is totally different in the later sports.

I think this looks a decent sport well from what i can see but seeing it in the flesh changes everything sometimes !!! I think its a decent price but maybe higher then normal due to low mileage and condition. Hopefully we can see it during next week.

Want to know about the electronic locking rear diff but as peachy said the only way of knowing that is going onto topix or a picture of the off road screen !

Cheers for the help guys.

Tom.

Post #549018 Sun Feb 18 2018 11:56am
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

If it’s a gen HST then it should have the ELRD as they where fitted to the HST and G4 cars as standard 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #549044 Sun Feb 18 2018 3:52pm
Cymruambyth

Wales 

Nice looking car but....how much? Seems a lot to me. Mine is a 56 plate and I paid £13.5k 6 months ago. Steve.

Post #549059 Sun Feb 18 2018 5:38pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

yes, "how much?" what also what I thought. with a few words inbetween

it's only done 44K miles ????? ? though

Post #549065 Sun Feb 18 2018 6:30pm
thomas brown

Yes hopefully she is a genuine HST with the electronic rear locking diff. I need to look on topix then hopefully it will say and i will know for sure.

Yes it does seem a high price i must say but my boy wants a mint low mileage sport and i guess you pay a price for that. It looks to be a one owner from new too so thats another good point.

Im going to speak to the dealer tomorrow and see what he says about the price will he drop a bit and going to hopefully see it tuesday or wednesday with my boy.

It looks clean but we will see ..........!

If any of you guys know of a lovely supercharged sport for sake around 20k please let me know thanks Thumbs Up

Tom.

Post #549070 Sun Feb 18 2018 7:17pm
GodivaNige

England 

I was going to reply with a similar ‘HOW MUCH!!!!’ But then thought, hey it might be absolutely immaculate and if the retailer thinks they can successfully find a buyer at that price, who is anyone to argue. After all, it’s worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it and NOT what is dictated by ‘the market’

If when you view it with your son, you think it’s worth the asking price, then great. As long as you’re happy. But I’d view a few cheaper ones too, if nothing else but to have some comparison.

Looks top dollar in the pics though, very nice. Thumbs Up

Edited to add... it would very easy to find and spend similiar money on an RRS that is a good number of years newer, but on close inspection, is an uncared for total SHED of a car Wink

Post #549072 Sun Feb 18 2018 7:56pm
thomas brown

Yea we have looked at a few supercharged sports and so far they gave been in terrible condition and need a few £££ to get them looking good again. We have been looking for a few weeks now so there is no rush we just want to find the right one.

Hopefully this one is as good as it looks and is a real Hst with the electronic locking rear diff too. My boy just wants a gorgeous mint sport and doesn't mind paying for it lets just hope this one is mint.

Tom.

Post #549080 Sun Feb 18 2018 8:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1