RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY17 ICTP ISSUES
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jaggers

United Kingdom 
MY17 ICTP ISSUES

After 10 months of ownership, my long awaited MY17 is rapidly falling out of favour with me. The ICTP system has become increasingly unstable and getting the supplying dealer (LR Battersea) to fix it expediently is proving to be a nightmare. First service date available is 21st March!

My car has the following issues and I would love to hear if other MY17 users are having the same problems and whether the recently released safety patch for the dashboard has resolved them:

1. Dashboard frequently (30% of the time) does not start-up when the car is started and can remain off for 5-10 mins meaning I have no information about my speed or the car diagnostics for this time period.

2. ICTP main screen also does the same which is extremely frustrating, especially as we often need the reversing camera when the car is started.

3. ICTP LR Apps: This system just does not work and has got worse over time. Spotify & Apple Music integration hardly ever works, when I finally can get it working, the audio cuts out frequently during playback. I am using latest versions of all software (App & IOS) and a genuine Apple lightning cable.

4. Bluetooth - my wife's iPhone frequently stops working correctly with a loss of the car microphone mid call. We have tried to delete the profile and reinstall the phone and now my phone will not pair up with the system.

Hugely frustrating issues and the bottom line is the ICTP system is at worst dangerous and at best not fit for purpose. I even considered upgrading to a MY18 but it seems they are currently plagued by their own ICTP issues as the system is on the same terrible platform.

Post #548347 Mon Feb 12 2018 9:31am
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Everything you mention and more were the lowlights of my ownership! £100k vehicle and literally the worst infotainment platform/integration around. So distracting and so disappointing, the app integration (mainly spotify) being 50/50 on whether it decides to work, even when it does the menu's are limited and frustrating, particularly in playlists and albums. You'll find many a previous post from me on the issues, let's hope they get their act together soon!

Post #548385 Mon Feb 12 2018 2:19pm
alexa111s

United Kingdom 

Mine are pretty much the same. But not the actual dashboard screen. That's (touching wood) always been ok.

Key issues for me are:

1. The phone actually connecting to incontrol
2. dropping out on calls - then coming back
3. Spotify connection - at best 50/50 it works
4. Sound completely going on radio / everything
5. Says no internet connection yet actually the car has full 3G and it's streaming on bluetooth
6. Says phone is connected - the symbol on the phone (iphone) yet it won't let you actually select the phone and no sound therefore comes out the speakers. So you then need to select bluetooth.

In summer - useless for a car that cost £90k. Useless if the car cost £15k and was a Ford.

I'm told the latest software patch actually makes it worse! And then you get issues even starting the car.

If I could reject the car now I would and replace with an MY18. But its 14 months old and 18k. But I've been complaining since day 1. I'm clearly very patient.

My other gripe is that the car DOES NOT have an 86 litre tank. Not even close. Maximum I have every managed to get into the car is 75 litres. Average at only 20 miles left would be 72/73 litres. There is NOT 14 litres left in the car.

Alex

Post #548477 Tue Feb 13 2018 11:00am
jaggers

United Kingdom 

Glad to know I am not the only one!

As much as I like the look of the interior and revised headlights of the MY18, the functionality must be worse than the MY17 as there are now more screens (which presumably do not work)!

I think I know the answer but are there ever grounds for rejecting a car within the first 12 months? This software update has made it worse and after a call from the Lookers, it appears the patch to fix the bad patch is still not ready!

Post #548681 Thu Feb 15 2018 11:30am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Jagger’s/Alex

I am having similar issues & have been since week 1, my AB is 4 months old at the end of the month, waiting on the supplying dealer getting back to me this week with a replacement car offer as they have admitted it currently cannot be fixed, if the offer is not suitable I will be rejecting the car.

Others have successfully rejected cars outside the 6 month period but I am fed up with it dragging on so the end of February is my last deadline for them. I don’t want to risk keeping it then struggling to reject later even though it’s been logged all the way through with JLR customer relations from week 1.

Malc

Post #549257 Tue Feb 20 2018 10:52am
jaggers

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear you are having similar issues and interesting to know that you are pursuing a rejection of the car.

Since I initially posted, the Head of Business from the dealership (unrelated to the post) has jumped on the issue and they have prioritised getting my car in this week. I think this is a positive development and hopefully the latest s/w update will resolve my issues. Will let you know how I get on once I get the car back.

m13lky - Please do keep us updated on your progress with the rejection process.

Post #549281 Tue Feb 20 2018 1:36pm
BKHK

Australia 

I use an old iPhone 7 plugged into USB as an iPod (latest IOS) and also use as an internet radio. BT audio was a bit hit and miss but the M3 was the same so I just put it down to BT audio generally.

No phone problems, screen problems or dash problems. So far all good with my car and I am starting to bond with it more now after really missing my M3.

Post #549289 Tue Feb 20 2018 3:44pm
Jay Boy

Wales 

Not had any problems with mine but I've only had it two months. Plenty of time for it all to go wrong as most of Range Rovers have done in the past.

Good luck with getting all your problems sorted.

Jay 2017 Range Rover Sport SVR
2014 Defender XS HT Firenze red 2.2 TDCi
2015 Skoda Octavia VRS estate
2017 VW Touareg 3L V6
2011 Aston Martin DB9 Stratstone edition

Post #549313 Tue Feb 20 2018 8:05pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Jagger’s yes please let me know, my first choice has always been to keep what I have but only if it is 100% as it was sold to me with no ongoing faults & glitches, I’m going to pop in and visit my head of business tomorrow afternoon unannounced as he said he should have answers back tomorrow & I’m passing by on business anyway, I’m keeping the pressure on as I want this resolved this month one way or another.

Malc

Post #549319 Tue Feb 20 2018 10:05pm
jaggers

United Kingdom 

I am snowed in at home today. Wanted to pop out in the Ranger Rover, a car designed to deal with challenging conditions like 2 inches of snow etc.

The Censored car does not start. HDC fault. Googling reveals HDC is the acronym for hill descent control. Probably battery related. What an absolutely shambolic car. My wife's Audi Q3 Quattro started with no issue.

What is the point in having an RRSport if you cannot drive it when it is snowing? Tried to call LR Assist, they were engaged and dropped the call on me numerous times, finally after 10 attempts I got through. I now have someone from the AA turning up between 10am and 2pm. How useful.

Oh, and I forgot to update you post the software/ firmware update to the ICTP system last week. The system has been upgraded, some small changes to the GUI to match the MY18 ICTP graphics and options. All largely useless. Have not had a chance to test everything but the phone works ok now, Spotify a bit better at connecting but still getting audio cut outs during playback. ICTP main screen still took additional time to start (30-40seconds) after the car was turned on.

Still not great but possibly slightly better.

Post #550103 Thu Mar 01 2018 9:57am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Probably too cold for the poor thing.. Censored SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #550105 Thu Mar 01 2018 10:10am
jaggers

United Kingdom 

So the AA guy turned up yesterday, walks over to the car, tries to turn it on and bloody thing starts first time. No more error message about HDC!

Luckily it turns out he also has an RRSport (L320) which did not start the day before.

This car is driving me bananas!

Post #550203 Fri Mar 02 2018 10:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1