RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography Order. Discounts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>

Cantona

United Kingdom 

Guy Salmon are useless, which is irritating for me as I have one about 5minutes away from where I live.

Post #546749 Thu Jan 25 2018 6:52pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I totally agree about suy galmon,,I bought 1xFFRR & 3xL320’s from them & they were spot on then when I wanted a L494,,I called them 3 times & every time the salesman I always dealt with was in a meeting & he was going to get back to me & he never did so I went elsewhere,,now I deal with a nice chap from Hatfields in Pickering & so far he has been spot on,Ive had both my L494’s & our evoque from him.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #546755 Thu Jan 25 2018 6:59pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi rox10h. I've just been made aware of your problems by SVR575 and it seems that I am having similar issues to yourself on my MY2018 Sport. I've had the car for a month and am still no where nearer sorting these out. My dealer has been tireless in his attempt s, but is seemingly waiting for this elusive update from JLR, which, I was told, was due in January. I am reluctant to use the car and my wife won't even sit in the driver's seat. it seems to have a mind of its own, with everything working smoothly one minute and the next. all sorts of strange things can happen, including the mirrors folding inwards, the steering wheel not able to be set, the settings menu on the steering wheel just bouncing about, the lower screen flashing on and off and the sat nav freezing.
I've spoken to JLR and been given a case number - which was a joke!! Their eventual response was that I'd have to wait and were not interested in helping in any way.
I've now been in touch with the dealer about rejecting the vehicle and reordering another. I am waiting their return telephone cal, which they've promised will be today.
I will keep you updated.

Post #548361 Mon Feb 12 2018 12:10pm
rox10h

United Kingdom 

hello mate

I'm sorry to hear that. In a way I'm glad to hear I'm not alone though, although your electrical issues do sound more severe than mine.

One thing that comes to mind - you should not have that out on your drive as its deemed unusable. i would have taken that straight back to the dealer and demanded at least a loan car until they sort yours out.. it is no good to anyone sat outside.

The irony of reading your post is this - i have just printed off my rejection letter. i have gone to town on it.. I'm just so gutted it has come to this. Since my latest post above, this is now the 3rd week my car has been back at the dealer (7 weeks in total now!) and i have received NO updates on whats happening with it at all. they have had 3 weeks to order a new car as promised and they haven't even done that.

I am going to the dealership first thing in the morning as the demonstrator they have leant me requires an adblue topup otherwise i can't start the bloody thing. While i am there i will be demanding answers on my car the last time. I know i have said above in a number of posts i have given them another chance, another week to sort it, a deadline etc etc but enough is a enough. i'd like to think i have been so patient with LR Cardiff and LR as a whole but this whole experience has been exhausting, stressful, embarrassing even.

if i do not get a solid answer on when my new car is coming, or at least when this current mY18 is fixed, I am going to slam the letter so hard on the desk that i hope i crack the desk in half.

jokes aside.. they will have the letter of rejection, refund me the money and i will never, ever in my life step foot in another JLR shower of Censored dealership ever again in my life. How the Censored are these voted as the best car in the world honestly beats me when we consider the aftercare and build quality.

Chaps, thank you for your patience so far reading my posts. as I'm sure you'll agree I'm exhausted with this. This is not what buying a new car should feel like. MY18 RRS Autobiography SDV6 (Awaiting delivery)
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG
2013 VW Transporter Sportline Kombi Lwb
2006 BMW 530d M Sport

Post #548437 Mon Feb 12 2018 10:59pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi rox10h
I fully understand your frustration and anger, particularly when your dealer seemingly is allowing you to vent your feelings and then forget about you. It's as if - we've had his money, who cares!.
I spoke to the dealer you bought the car from and they rang a few times to try and get me to buy from them. Under the circumstances, I'm glad I didn't. From past experience, I don't expect my dealer to respond by doing nothing!
It will be really interesting to follow your posts in the next few days. I look forward to them.

Post #548452 Tue Feb 13 2018 7:06am
james5599

United Kingdom 

Do what Bruce Willis would do in this sceneario .....
Stick an oily rag in the fuel tank, light it, drive it straight through the front window of the showroom and walk away. 2019 Svr and 2019 R35 GTR

Post #548457 Tue Feb 13 2018 8:35am
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi james5599.
That's an idea, but i don't want to spend time at her majesty's pleasure while I wait for a replacement!

Post #548501 Tue Feb 13 2018 3:12pm
rox10h

United Kingdom 

Morning chaps

Firstly... i'm pleased to say my car is fixed and back on the drive as of this morning!

Untitled by irfan sardar, on Flickr

I've remained quiet as I wanted to get some factual things in here instead of turning these posts into a generic rant. Hopefully they can help others who I have no doubt are in similar positions. As above though it would help if most of the posts were read from circa page 3 to get a better idea of what the story was.

Last Monday I went to back to the dealers to get the adblue topped up on the loan car and to ask one last time what was happening with mine. I had a rejection letter in my hand ready and was prepared to take my money somewhere else. When they took my car back a day after the handover, they said they would repair mine, give it back and in the mean time order me a new one. I heard nothing for the 3 weeks hence why I was ready to rage last week.

As it turns out the sales manager informed me he had indeed ordered me an idenical new car. I asked to see the order as proof and sure enough he had ordered me a car a week earlier.. Due date is 27th April. Fantastic news. .Why he failed to tell me during the 3 weeks my car was there while I was pulling my hair out I never know. If he informed me of this then I wouldn't have written a letter of rejection!

He told me the update had been done on my car and I could have had it back the next day (last Tuesday). However I told him no, keep the car and use it yourself for the duration of the week as a) I don't want to come back yet again and b) it'll be even more embarrassing for LR if I do. The car has done 500 miles now (it went back to the dealers with 70!) but its not mine to keep so I'm not bothered.

so yes, picked the car up today and gave the demonstrator back, new one arrives end of April. Overall a RESULT at last.

While it is a result and without sounding ungrateful, no one should ever have to go through this when buying a new car regardless if its a RR or a Fiesta... Appalling but never the less we are back where we started which is good news.

I forgot how lovely the MY18 is. The presence it has and how luxurious it feels over the MY17 demonstrator is quite significant!

Irfan MY18 RRS Autobiography SDV6 (Awaiting delivery)
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG
2006 BMW 530d M Sport

Post #549128 Mon Feb 19 2018 10:06am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Good news rox. Did they pay you back what you paid for the current car and i take it you can use yours until the new one arrives? SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #549132 Mon Feb 19 2018 10:14am
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi Rox10h
Great news. So, you have the use of the MY18 you bought, with a new one in April. Can't fault the dealer there, although their communication needs attention.
Just to update you about mine. Since telling them that the car has not been of satisfactory quality since new and I am seemingly ignored by everyone, the Sales Team Leader, as he's called, has been in touch every day. I was told on Saturday that JLR will be releasing updates to fix the problems today (Monday).
The term 'satisfactory' seems to have set alarm bells going and I think that they now know that I was serious when I mentioned rejection just before the car was 30 days old.
I am eagerly awaiting the telephone call, but from recent experience with JLR, I am not holding my breath! However, by the end of the day today, if not fix has been released, the car is being returned so that a new one can be ordered.
Irfan, I agree with you that the MY18 is much more refined than previously and a much nicer car.

Post #549133 Mon Feb 19 2018 10:19am
Chips

England 

You can see from the picture that there are now gaps between the rear spoiler and the roof , probably too soon to tell as yet but let us know if you think this keeps the rear end cleaner as maybe they could be retro fitted to us poor sods in the older models who have to clean the number plate on a daily basis !

Post #549163 Mon Feb 19 2018 2:16pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi everyone,
Just had a telephone call from the dealer telling me that the updates have now been released and my issues should all be sorted following the update. The car is now booked in for later this week and I will let you all know what the outcome is. I am not holding my breath!!

Post #549164 Mon Feb 19 2018 2:18pm
rox10h

United Kingdom 

i cant believe I'm back here again

24 hours i've had this car and the radio has stopped working. it worked great yesterday and its just refused to come on this morning, both screens lit up but no signal showing on DAB (in the usual areas I travel where it works) and the same for good old fashioned FM.

note the reg. Who ever buys this car afterwards please take note in all this because I can see some unlucky person buying it.

So now they've taken me out of a 2017 demonstrator which is perfectly fine and I was very happy to use, into my black car which is great, now with no audio. What a waste of a £4k 1700watt system.

I just hope that my new one in April isn't plagued with this because I am so put off with this bull sheeite now.

Those who have had the software update for your screens please keep an eye on it for a few days as unless my car is a black sheep, it hasn't cured the problem. I still think its hardware as opposed to software but the dealer knows better. MY18 RRS Autobiography SDV6 (Awaiting delivery)
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG
2006 BMW 530d M Sport

Post #549251 Tue Feb 20 2018 10:06am
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi Rox10H,
Unbelievable! So, even following the long promised update, the problem is still there. As mine, the radio works fine some days, but others, it just freezes, with no reception displayed and unable to change bands. This was the first thing to go wrong, the day after delivery. As you know, sincce then, I've had several other, but intermittent, issues.
I will let you know at the end of the week.

Post #549253 Tue Feb 20 2018 10:18am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Niloc/Rox

I’ve been having ict issues with my my17 AB since new 3.5months ago, supplying dealer has admitted they currently have no fix, this has been promised at least 3 times now plus they originally diagnosed it was a faulty card reader which was replaced then I was told it’s the dreaded software issue, various glitches all the time with side steps, screen not coming on, radios not coming on, WiFi hotspot, traffic updates & internet has never worked. Anyway dealer is trying to get me into a new my18 comparable car but when I read about your issues I’m worried I’m jumping out of the frying pan into the fire so to speak.

What’s your thoughts on my predicament?

Malc

Post #549259 Tue Feb 20 2018 11:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>