RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > MY 2018 technical problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

SVR575

United Kingdom 

Your welcome, just noticed you are both from the same area. You could also pm rox, Irfan. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #548359 Mon Feb 12 2018 12:05pm
qcnr

Norway 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

Never mind talking to. email and written word.
That way you can trace what has been said.

Post #548360 Mon Feb 12 2018 12:08pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Yes, that's what I prefer too because, as you say, the evidence is there an no one can deny any statement which is made. Thanks

Post #548362 Mon Feb 12 2018 12:11pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Needs to be in writing and within the first 30 days as others have mentioned
The words to use are "rejected due to not fit for purpose & not as described"

Any fault recorded in the first 30 days is an instant return of vehicle and money. No need to let them have a chance to repair it & since they are telling you that it can't currently be repaired it should be an open and shut case. It's all down to you, if you want to keep it and let them repair it when the update is available then push them for some nice extras or a rebate for not insisting on a refund
You can still reject after 30 days and up to 6 months but you have to allow them one chance to fix it

Post #548399 Mon Feb 12 2018 5:18pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi Paulcp,
Many thanks for the advice. That's what I will do.

Post #548405 Mon Feb 12 2018 6:37pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

All information needed is contained in this, a bit of a read but you can pick out the relevant sections from the index.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

Also be aware that, if the goods are subject to a finance agreement, rejection can be a little more involved since you need to involve and be supported by the finance company

Post #548409 Mon Feb 12 2018 7:01pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all your help Paulcp. I'll look at that now

Post #548417 Mon Feb 12 2018 8:00pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Niloc wrote:
Just to update you all. I'm still waiting for JLR to have a fix for the host of problems I'm experiencing. It seems that, now that've had my money, I'm just another statistic, recorded under "M" for moaner and forgotten about. My dealer has worked tirelessly in trying to resolve the issues, but until JLR do something, I have a brand new car, with 119 recorded miles, sitting on my drive. If it was in a child's comic, I might laugh, but I try to stay positive and make light of, what is a shameful and unacceptable situation. I've though about using it to grow tomatoes in, because I can't rely on it to get me about at the moment.

Hi Niloc,

If your dealer has been trying to do all that they can, why is your car not with them and they provided you with a loan car instead of it on your drive?

If this happened to me I would take the car back to the dealer and insist on a refund as the contractural purchase is with them. Or have I missed something here?

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #548423 Mon Feb 12 2018 9:11pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi Violetpiano,
Yes, you are right and not missing anything. I've had a long relationship with my dealer and, maybe I haven't pursued them vigorously enough. as I was hoping to avoid the rejection option and give JLR the opportunity to have the updated software to fix the issues.That is, until today, when I have now made them aware that I am rejecting the car and returning it to them.
I will keep you all updated.

Post #548427 Mon Feb 12 2018 9:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Also if you have used borrowed money to finance the car get the finance company in on the game - after all they own the car until you have finished paying for it........ quite a few cases reported here have been resolved extremely quickly once the finance company is on the scene - JLR hates dealing with them, especially Land Rover Finance. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #548436 Mon Feb 12 2018 10:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi Tim in Scotland.
Thanks for the update.
Regards

Post #548451 Tue Feb 13 2018 7:00am
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi everyone.
Just to update you on my electoral problems. The car was at the dealership last week and when I collected it, they were full of smiles, confident that the latest software update had cured all my problems. Great!
Got in the car and the radio wasn't working - it had frozen again.
Since then, several things have gone wrong, the most dangerous being my outside mirrors turning inwards to the park position and not opening again. I don't really want to see my face every time I look through them!
Anyway, it's back there again now, with one more chance to fix it. If not, they've agreed to replace it.
Will keep you updated.

Post #550598 Tue Mar 06 2018 8:39am
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Hi everyone,
A replacement car has now been ordered. The problems seem to be ever increasing, with the latest addition being the reversing camera, which now works when it sets its mind to.
My dealer has been exemplary and has supported me since the outset. I felt that i should give them the opportunity to rectify the problems and try to work with them to do so. I was still happy for them to have one more attempt, but they actually persuaded me that the car is their problem to sort out and that i should be put out no longer.
In the meantime, they have given me the choice of driving the one I have or they will replace it with a loan car until the replacement arrives, which should be early June.
I will keep you all updated.

Post #552381 Tue Mar 27 2018 4:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12